• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Joe Bonamassa

Sorry, forgot the smiley (added above). :angelic-green:

LMAO

Maybe I'll adopt the Flint/Towen thing and verbally rip you and your affinity for JB to shreds. Then when you get offended, hurt and insulted by it, I can simply ask - "you couldn't tell I was joking?"

Bring it on, buddy!

:angry-cussingargument: :angry-cussingargument: :angry-cussingargument: :angry-cussingargument:

Okay you two, cool down a bit will ya or I think a couple warnings are in order....unless of course you're just joking. :eusa-whistle:

Zing said:
OUCH! Someone's touchy today. Menstrual cramps?

Just noticed your "cute" edit! :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: Now it's getting serious!

Gonna whip out the badass smileys on you now, better watch out!

:violence-rapidfire: :violence-ripper:

As long as we're at it, here's Joe @ 12. He's been doing this a long time!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLB900atJFs[/youtube]

Gary Moore was a primary influence of Joe's, and Joe posted this yesterday on his forum:

"Hey Everybody,
It pains me to write this but the great Gary Moore has passed away. He was one of my premier inspirations in guitar playing. Like all young lads in the early 90's I was given a copy of Still Got the Blues. It blew me away.. His tone a phrasing were perfect. Gary opened up the door for me and a lot of other blues rock guitarist. He was a legend, a musical titan and a very nice man. I only met him twice and he always joked around with me how my records changed style from one song to the next. He also.. said that he enjoyed my work and congratulated me on the success I was having. He was a class act and a true original.. Ireland has lost another of its most talented sons today.. I am still a bit in shock so .. I apologize if my words are not as eloquent as they should be.. I have brought out the "Gary Moore" les paul... ( i named one of my guitars after him) and have been playing his stuff today..
Rest in peace.. GM
Joe B"

:text-link:

For you Vince Gill fans, he will be making a guest appearance on Joe's upcoming new album, Dust Bowl, which will have a little more of a country rock feel to it.

Big Vince Gill fan here. He is an amazing guitarist. Should be good stuff. Lookin forward to hearin it.

41D1HHVR02L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Listening to this one now... Joe's very first recording, when he was all of 17. Kind of a "son of all-star" cast: drummer Erin Davis (son of Miles Davis), rhythm guitarist Waylon Krieger (son of Robby Krieger of The Doors), and bassist and lead vocalist Berry Oakley, Jr. (son of Berry Oakley of The Allman Brothers). Definitely not as interesting musically as Joe's later solo albums, but still... Not a bad album, pretty polished sound for a band of young-uns.

I just want to say, that Joe's got some cool fans. I posted a "WTB" on Joe's forum, to see if I could find this album a little more cheaply than the $30+ used it goes for on amazon now. One of the long-time members gave me the CD! Very cool. I told her I'd pay her back by getting her a souvenir at Joe's show we're both going to in March.

HEY PAULY...JUMP FOR JOY!

:banana-angel: :banana-blonde: :banana-dreads: :banana-guitar: :banana-jumprope: :banana-rainbow: :banana-tux: :banana-wrench: :greetings-clappingorange: :greetings-clapyellow: :happy-bouncygreen: :happy-bouncyredfire: :happy-bouncyshadowgreen: :happy-bouncyyellow:

:happy-cheerleaderkid:

What, you think somehow I don't know about this already? :teasing-neener:

I preordered this several weeks ago, so I'll get it a week before the regular store release (and for a lower price than amazon). He's already doing songs from this album on his current tour that just started a week or so ago.

I guess I was just surprised (amazed actually) that you hadn't mentioned it already.

Umm.... check a few a few posts above this one, from Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:32 pm... True, I didn't post a big picture, so here it is:

61Nt%2BJd3opL._SS500_.jpg

Here 'ya go, from three days ago:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B07mTSIbcxE[/youtube]

Same song (and same show), different taper... these are all fan vids, this one doesn't show the rest of the band much, but the SQ is a little better.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z61p-Bjdxk[/youtube]

Though frankly, this isn't my favorite song of his...

Hey, I aim to please! Especially you, my friend.

Horrible, shameless plug (Zing, turn away):

Sign up to JBXP through the above link (the "Joe Bonamassa Experience" site - yeah kinda cheesy name but it's sorta like facebook for JB fans), and you can get a free download of a "digital CD" compilation of a bunch of his stuff, 10 songs from various albums. Plus there's a separate track from Dust Bowl that you can also download. Decent way to get a free taste of his music.

And yeah, I get "points" on the site if you use my link above. So my motivation here is not entirely altruistic. Deal with it. :happy-smileygiantred:

Back