• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Joe Bonamassa

PaulyT said:
just got a late Christmas present for me and my wife: two tickets to go see Joe in concert on 3/23 in Reading, PA (about 2 hrs. from me).

Gets better now - just got a tip from a helpful fellow MD fan who's also going to the concert, that there might be better tickets available. So I called ticketmaster, and exchanged (for like ~$10 more per ticket) for seats in the 7th row, right in the center!

My lesson learned: don't trust the online search engine, at least not for a "best available" search. I found these new tickets by explicitly searching for the center section. The "best available" - what I used before - was showing seats near the left wall in about the 20th row.

PaulyT said:
So I called ticketmaster, and exchanged (for like ~$10 more per ticket) for seats in the 7th row, right in the center!
Cool beans! Now you're close enough to yell, "Quit goosenecking, ya weirdo!" :teasing-tease:

You know I realy, realy love this DVD concert.

This is my first taste of Joe B.

What rings my chimes are the two drummers in stereo.

51LUH7qPFPL._SS500_.jpg

Agreed; High Water Everywhere is my favorite song from that show - the sound with the mallets on Bogie's drums is unique. I think they've made an audio CD of this show now... but you may also want to check out the Live from Nowhere in Particular album; it was made from his tours around the same time.

Oh, and FYI that video's available on blu-ray too (with DTS-MA). :music-listening:

Put this up earlier for TT, but as I've had a couple of beers and am listening to this now, I'm gonna put it here for a limited time so hopefully I don't get sued.

Here is my favorite track of all Joe's music, India/Mountain Time from Live from Nowhere in Particular. I especially love the solo that begins around 7:00. This is a (lossless) .flac track. Give it a listen, I would love to hear your opinions. And yeah, I'm plugging for Joe, as usual, I admit it. I'm not normally the fan-boy type, but I think he's just head&shoulders above the generic rock crap that permeates iTunes and such these days. Obviously this is a subjective thing, but this is the track that hooked me on his music. And damn good SQ for a live album.

http://www.chemicalgraphics.com/transfer/India-Mountain_Time.flac

Listen to it. Buy the album. ;) And mostly, enjoy!

Hey Pauly..............

Since you are so big on Joe, I am curious to hear what you think of good old Pat Travers. His old stuff and his new stuff.

Pat's vocals are great and so is his Guitar Playing.

I honestly don't know, I'm not very familiar with Pat's stuff. Got a couple (early/late?) albums to recommend? I'll have a listen.

Here ya' go... ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJAkOjuF3Gc[/youtube]

Interestingly, this is the same song Joe did with Clapton in the Royal Albert Hall concert.

Cool, thanks! I've ordered Fidelis and Go For What You Know, for starters.

WOO HOO! Just found out that I got passes for a meet-and-greet with Joe before the show on Wednesday, so I'll get to meet him! There's also a group of at least 12 fans from around the area who will be getting together for dinner before the concert, should be fun. And I've got my camera ready!

Getting ready to leave for the road trip to Reading in an hour or so. This is gonna be fun! Wife and I get to meet Joe around 4:30, then dinner with fellow fans, then the show at 8! No intro band, just Joe and his crew for 2+ hours straight. With a camera pass, I get "stage access" for the first three songs - not sure exactly what that means, but I assume I'll be able to go up front near the stage to get some close-ups.

As I posted on Joe's forum: "And all my other non-JB-o-holic friends will have even more fuel for their insanity case against me." What can I say...

.... aside from NYAH-NYAH-na-NYAH-NYAH! :happy-smileygiantred:

See you suckers later!

Nice. ~~ Enjoy, PaulyT ~~ :handgestures-thumbup:

After buying and hearing his recorded-live performance in Royal Albert Hall I'm even more of a fan.
He knocked their socks off in Great Britain

(2 disc cd ~ terrific performance)

Topper and heeman, you're not helping with Paul's over-exuberant admiration of Joey B. If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem. Stop being part of the problem. I mean he can't single-handedly keep this thread alive by himself, can he?

:teasing-neener:

CMonster said:
Topper and heeman, you're not helping with Paul's over-exuberant admiration of Joey B. If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem. Stop being part of the problem. I mean he can't single-handedly keep this thread alive by himself, can he?

. . :laughing-rolling:

You're right, CM! . . :handgestures-thumbup:

:text-lol:

CMonster said:

I get a kick out of his infactuation with Joe B. It is great for us to have someone that we look up too so much!!!!

Besides....adding fuel to the fire is fun sometimes.........

:scared-yipes:

Botch, I'm very displeased with you for sullying my thread with THAT. Very displeased indeed.

Here's the best of all my pictures, by far. And I've got about 1000 more to work through. :oops:

Attachments

• DSC_2904.jpg
    DSC_2904.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 551
Back