• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Kate Bush beat Radiohead in RnR Hall of Fame vote

Ditto me and Radiohead. Like who you wanna like and screw what anyone else thinks. @PaulyT

Except for Nickelback, that shit just sucks. ;)

Exzachary you guys can like Kate Bush and Radiohead and I am going to continue to like Queensryche. Both of their good songs. :D

Sorry...I just couldn’t finish that video, I find her voice quite annoying.

I would like to know how EJ feels about that cover?

I would like to know how EJ feels about that cover?

At the time the Two Rooms album was released, Elton claimed the Kate Bush cover of Rocket Man was his favorite in several interviews.

They have been good friends for a long time, and Elton credits Kate for saving his life because of the words and singing she contributed to Peter Gabriel's "Don't Give Up" on the So album. He gets very specific about listening to her words helped him quit the drugs and sober up:

“That record helped me get sober … So she played a big part in my rebirth. That record helped me so much. I never told her that but it did.”

Since then he has appeared on her recordings a couple of times and praises her often whenever he gets the opportunity.

That said, I hate all of you for love loving Kate as much as I do. No joke, my goal as a musician in the 1980s was to get work in England so I could somehow meet her and she would naturally fall madly in love with me and we'd be married.

Just stop! You can't invoke Elton John to defend your view of Kate when you call him a hack the rest of the time.

Just stop! You can't invoke Elton John to defend your view of Kate when you call him a hack the rest of the time.

Just responding to the question. Elton LOVES Kate, regardless of my opinions about him. Can't accept that your hero thinks Kate is a musical genius? You know, she's had more singles on the UK top 100 than anyone other than Elvis and the Beatles? Are you calling all of England stupid?

I think Kate's version of Rocket Man is more nuanced and encourages more interpretations of the meanings of the words than Elton's. I think it is pretty cool.

Elton also thinks Mary J. Blige is all kinds of awesome. So he clearly can’t be counted on to know what’s good, right?

It’s not hitting close to home. It’s just a case of you not being able to have your cake and eat it too.

I thought Elton was fabulous in the latest Kingsman movie.

Mary J Blige's latest album is merely ok.

Relevance?

Who cares?

Jeff

No joke, my goal as a musician in the 1980s was to get work in England so I could somehow meet her and she would naturally fall madly in love with me and we'd be married.

Well maybe now that you are single, your dream will become a reality! :love:

Back