• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Keyboards

The absolute best part about a Yamaha keyboard is that it doesn't come with a Roland manual... :teasing-tease:

The action on my Yammy CP 33 is damn good!

Best of luck with your new toys Zing!

Zing, any updates for us?

Just curious if those new toys are getting the use they deserve??

Oh they're getting used alright and I'm enjoying the hell out of them! I'm almost ready for new felt on CP5. LOL Seriously, I spend more time down there than I should. But I suppose that's better than the alternative: "Damn! Why'd I buy this stuff? I never use it."

For some unknown reason, I've been bitten by the creativity bug recently and written 3 new songs in the last 2 weeks. So I decided to enhance my inspiration and creativity with a little something. That little something just arrived today.

Tascam-2488neo.bmp

The down side is, I'm going to need the manual for this one. In fact, I may even spring for the $30 DVD tutorial.

I'll be sure and let you know when I'm ready to take orders for CDs. :happy-smileygiantred:

Is that actually a mixer as it appears to be? What will you use it for, to mix recorded tracks, or...? Just curious. I've only ever used a mixer for live sound, rather than studio type work. Looks fun!

PaulyT said:
Is that actually a mixer as it appears to be? What will you use it for, to mix recorded tracks, or...? Just curious. I've only ever used a mixer for live sound, rather than studio type work. Looks fun!
In a word, it's a "portastudio" - as in portable studio.

In several words, it's a 24-track digital recorder/mixer/mastering CD burner.

:text-link:

zing, that is awesome and just in case you havent heard it in a while YOU SUCK!!!

I know it isnt the typical audio gear we usually lust after, but the wannabe musician in me is hella jealous. I wish I could paly piano.

Play piano at a cocktail party and if panties don't drop there is something wrong. Play bass (solo) at a cocktail party and everybody WILL look at you as if you are some kind of weirdo. Unless of course you ar Jaco or Gerald Veasly good.

Nothing drops panties like singing. Just ask the likes of ugly ass Steven Tyler or Mick Jagger. If they didn't sing, they'd have forearms like Popeye.

If you need to record a jingle or two, let me know; I have one for Kool-aid written when I was about 10 and another for chili meatloaf which is much newer. Oh, and I have some lyrics to the Darth Vader theme that really should be recorded for posterity...

Seriously you suck; I wish I had some musical acumen.

Zing said:
Nothing drops panties like singing. Just ask the likes of ugly ass Steven Tyler or Mick Jagger. If they didn't sing, they'd have forearms like Popeye.

DV016_Jpg_Large_585557.jpg

Rope

Randy said:
Play bass (solo) at a cocktail party and everybody WILL look at you as if you are some kind of weirdo.
Wrong, they'll look at you as if you're DEFINITELY a weirdo. :teasing-neener:

Zing: motorized faders?

Zing said:

Not to get too serious about this...............however, it is the attitude and confidence these two guys have that attracts the women..................Austin Powers called it "MOE JOE".

Some guys got it, some don't.....................

Nice recording/mixing panel A BIG YOU SUCK ZING

Zing said:
This thing is just too cool! I haven't even scratched the surface of its features and capabilities but, after several viewings of the DVD tutorial (which was one of the smartest purchases I've made) I was finally able to start laying down tracks. I devoted my entire night to this last night and got 6 tracks recorded for a song I've recently written. I just need another track for the bass and a few more for vocals and I'm ready to begin my first crack at mixing and mastering.

:handgestures-fingerscrossed:

BTW Botch, the jury's in - definitely no motorized faders.

Zing said:
BTW Botch, the jury's in - definitely no motorized faders.
No biggie; I've found that, when I'm recording strictly by myself, I tend to vary my volume as I play along with the recording, just as in playing live; very little gain changing is required. :handgestures-thumbup:

One of the reasons I chose this particular multitrack recorder is the fact that it has a digital out. The recorder resides in my basement with the rest of my rig and it's been my intention all along to do the recording down there but perform the mixing/mastering in my HT. Having the ability to connect it to my system via a coax digital cable had enormous appeal to me. I ordered a 12-foot cable the other day and it arrived today. Even though I haven't had anyone lay down any vocal tracks yet, I'm too anxious to hear what I've already recorded through my stereo so I'm going take the TASCAM upstairs tonight and do some experimenting. If nothing else, this should be one hell of a lesson.

Keep an eye on any new posts in the classified section in case this doesn't go very well.

Back when I read Keyboard, Musician, and other magazine interviews religiously, producers and engineers would always do a "rough mix" of whatever they were working on, be it on cassette, CD, or thumbdrive, and then listen to the mix at home, in the car, on their Walkman, etc. They would get an idea of what their mix sounded like on typical home systems.

Botch said:
Back when I read Keyboard, Musician, and other magazine interviews religiously, producers and engineers would always do a "rough mix" of whatever they were working on, be it on cassette, CD, or thumbdrive, and then listen to the mix at home, in the car, on their Walkman, etc. They would get an idea of what their mix sounded like on typical home systems.
That was pretty much my reasoning. Like most of us, my system is tailored to sound its best in the sweet spot. So I thought it would be ideal to be able sit there - with the mixer in front of me - and have at it.

Sadly, I just gave it a go before dinner and quickly learned that I'm not recording in stereo like I thought I was. All the tracks seem locked dead center. One in particular is a Sweep sound that really shoud've panned between left and right but its image was center-locked too. Could it be my cables? If I'm using instrument cables (with a single band on the connector) in both the left and right outputs of the keyboards, am I only getting a mono signal? Should I be using balanced cables (with a second band on the connector)?

Back