• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Lynard Skynard

walls

I can honestly say that I have spent my whole life NOT a Skynard fan, but a couple days ago I watched em live on HDNET and I got sucked in, hell these guys are pretty good. I ended up picking up a "best of" cd from WalMart........I am digging it!! Sweet Home, Simple Man and Tuesdays Gone........I have been missing out!!!

My first taste was the double CD "Gold and Platinum" that I got in 1986 or 87.... Hooked ever since.

D

Free Bird!!!!!

I dig Skynyrd too. I've seen them (in the post modern lineup) live a few times. Always a good time.

I remember seeing the original LS at the old Cleveland Municipal stadium in 1974. They used to hold these "World Series of Rock" concerts. Along with LS they had REO Speedwagon, Joe Walsh and Barnstorm and the Beach Boys.

Considering the times and all we did I'm surprised I remember it.

As probably most cover musicians, I admit they're extremely good but I'm so tired of some of those songs... :angry-banghead:

Their Live Album from the early day "One more from the Road" is a must have, the opening song "Workin' for MCA" Kicks Ass!!!

And of course the live version of Freebird with Billy Powells Piano playing and jam at the end........... :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

:handgestures-thumbup:
Nice to hear you've discovered Skynard . . . and like 'em.

I remember introducing a young coworker who had never even heard of them to their music.
He liked it immediately. .(a lot)

Being a fan for years, it was a good feeling . . . .

Makes me want to hop on my hog and ride south in the summer! LOL!!!

So I have the "best of" $5 Wal-Mart cd and would like to have THE LS CD, so which one is the one to buy next?? This CD has the hits so I want something that has a lot of thier "B" sides.

I'm glad you are enjoying Lynyrd Skynyrd Walls. Try.....

Second Helping.....

510GPEFCVTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Or Pronounced......

61IA5oxPWaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Or "Gimme"......

61OwfJawGPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Probably my all time favorite.... ('cause I grew up with it on my turntable)

51r7gYAQfGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Any one or all of those will add to your Skynyrd adventure.

Dennie

Dennie, you album cover posting maniac!!!!!

Is there a short cut to posting them, or do you have to down load them to you pc and them post them here??

BTW..........Skynard Rocks :music-rockout:

heeman said:
Dennie, you album cover posting maniac!!!!!

Is there a short cut to posting them, or do you have to down load them to you pc and them post them here??

BTW..........Skynard Rocks :music-rockout:
Hey, I resemble that remark!!! LOL

Yes, find the image you want to post and right click on it and choose "Copy Image Location". Then in the reply box, click on the "IMG" button and Paste the image location between the img(here) img symbols.

I hope that helps and YES, Skynyrd Rocks! :music-rockout:

Dennie

-B- said:
walls said:
Thanks Dennie, I am gonna go with Bullets next. :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

I'd go with the pronounced self titled myself.

x2.

Of course, I'm sure you guys already knew I like Skynyrd being from the South and all........

I've always considered pre 1977 (before the unfortunate plain crash) the real Lynyrd Skynyrd, and that goes for the music, also.

Rope

Rope said:
I've always considered pre 1977 (before the unfortunate plain crash) the real Lynyrd Skynyrd, and that goes for the music, also.

Rope

:text-+1: x 1,00000

515ohHlFIkL._SS500_.jpg

The above album cover was to be released (a few were) just before the plain accident. Ronnie Van Zant's wife requested they change the album art, they did.

Rope

Doghart said:
My first taste was the double CD "Gold and Platinum" that I got in 1986 or 87.... Hooked ever since.

D

Hells Ya, Gold & Platinum was the first Skynyrd I ever bought on vinyl. I had been exposed to them thoroughly through my brothers before then, but that was the first one I bought. I was also a huge Molly Hatchet fan. Love that Southern Fried Boogie...

Who_Are_You_album_cover.JPG

The same with The Who - Who Are You Album.........Keith Moon is sitting on a chair that says, "not to be taken away" and shortly after died :angry-tappingfoot:

Rope said:
515ohHlFIkL._SS500_.jpg

The above album cover was to be released (a few were) just before the plain accident. Ronnie Van Zant's wife requested they change the album art, they did.

Rope
Luv them shorts and tube socks! :laughing-lettersrofl:

I bought Dream Theater's Live: Scenes from New York the day it came out:
cover_5514131282008.jpg

It was pulled off the shelves that day and came out with a different cover later. It was released on 9-11... :shock:
I've not yet taken the shrinkwrap off it, should advertise it on eBay and see if it's worth anything...

Back