• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Mandalorian discussion thread!

What in the hell was last weeks episode? I saw an article that said it jumped the shark, and after seeing it, I believe it. With such a short season, that episode really didn't mean much to the series, if anything at all, other than the bit about the dark saber.
Thaaaaaaaank you
I've been hesitant to mention it because I don't want to come-off as a hater but ... well ... here we are.

Thaaaaaaaank you
I've been hesitant to mention it because I don't want to come-off as a hater but ... well ... here we are.
Nope, you ain't the only one. This show has lost some of its luster for sure.

What in the hell was last weeks episode? I saw an article that said it jumped the shark, and after seeing it, I believe it. With such a short season, that episode really didn't mean much to the series, if anything at all, other than the bit about the dark saber.
I kind of liked the mystery angle, but yeah, it didn't exactly move the football. I thought Christopher Lloyd was great, Lizzo and Jack Black however, nope. Jack Black is a great comedy actor and this wasn't his role. Lizzo is a miserable actor. Just no good at all.

I'm beginning to wonder if The Mandalorian will be this generation's The Love Boat- all the celebrities get cameos.

I kind of liked the mystery angle, but yeah, it didn't exactly move the football. I thought Christopher Lloyd was great, Lizzo and Jack Black however, nope. Jack Black is a great comedy actor and this wasn't his role. Lizzo is a miserable actor. Just no good at all.

I'm beginning to wonder if The Mandalorian will be this generation's The Love Boat- all the celebrities get cameos.

I thought Lizzo did fine.
My disdain for Jack Black is well documented and his “performance“ here did nothing to change that. To be fair he wasn’t give much to work worth.

Love the Love Boat reference! There does seem to be some truth to it though. If they are gonna rely on these cameos for people to watch, that will turn on them quickly. It's almost like they don't know what to do with the show. At least bring back Moff Gideon.

Rumor is this is the last season and everything will culminate with a The Mandalorian movie.

Love the Love Boat reference! There does seem to be some truth to it though. If they are gonna rely on these cameos for people to watch, that will turn on them quickly. It's almost like they don't know what to do with the show. At least bring back Moff Gideon.
Space, exciting and new
Bounty hunts and young Grogu
Space... but in light scifi...
More Star Wars, sometimes it's fun too!

It's the MANDO...
You can't hide nor can you run...
The MANDO...
Giving Beskar to everyone...

Space, exciting and new
Bounty hunts and young Grogu
Space... but in light scifi...
More Star Wars, sometimes it's fun too!

It's the MANDO...
You can't hide nor can you run...
The MANDO...
Giving Beskar to everyone...
You win the internet for the day Akula! lol

I'm hearing the consensus out there is that nobody is digging season 3, so we are not alone with the, well I wouldn't call it hate, but definitely dislike for this season. And I was gonna mention before that I saw some other actor listed as Din, and wondered what was up with that, but come to find out, there have two other actors who have been filling the role, while Pedro was filming the Last of Us. So some of the scenes this year, haven't even been of Pedro. Maybe that's more of the reason he never take his helmet off.

So some of the scenes this year, haven't even been of Pedro. Maybe that's more of the reason he never take his helmet off.

Yup
Pretty sure that was the case in the other seasons too. For reasons that I don't really understand that bothers me. I get that it's not much different when an actor voices a CGI character but knowing the star is literally phoning it in ... I dunno ... seems lazy.

Yup
Pretty sure that was the case in the other seasons too. For reasons that I don't really understand that bothers me. I get that it's not much different when an actor voices a CGI character but knowing the star is literally phoning it in ... I dunno ... seems lazy.
I get it, and kind of feel the same way.
At least Moff Gideon showed up, even though he's looking like a Darth Vader wannabe.

Still catching up - just finished EP6. *ALL* I could think about at the end, with the whole darksaber thing, was "OMG Dumbledore ... Malfoy ... Harry Potter." EXACTLY. THE. SAME. REASONING.

:rofl:

I am also hung up on the beginning of episode seven with the droid on Navarro saying there is an imperial shuttle… How the fuck does a droid mistake an (ex-)imperial cruiser for a shuttle? That’s not exactly subjective.

I am also hung up on the beginning of episode seven with the droid on Navarro saying there is an imperial shuttle… How the fuck does a droid mistake an (ex-)imperial cruiser for a shuttle? That’s not exactly subjective.
Droid rage, Pauly?

342330314_243399238271040_7949960940901763053_n.jpg

Back