• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Mandalorian discussion thread!

So this week's episode, while entertaining I guess, didn't do a whole lot to move things along...

That's been my complaint all along. i think it was @Batman who pointed out that much of season one felt very much like Clone Wars episodes where often the first 95% of the episode was intended to be its own thing and only the last 5% included elements to advance the main story. That trend continues.

I have to somewhat disagree that the latest episode did not do much to move the story. A premise that was related to the main story led to a narrative to solve a situation that allows the next step.in the main event. Plus it had lots of action and was fun to watch.

Will say more in the spoiler thread

I have to somewhat disagree that the latest episode did not do much to move the story. A premise that was related to the main story led to a narrative to solve a situation that allows the next step.in the main event. Plus it had lots of action and was fun to watch.

Will say more in the spoiler thread
I agree that they last two episodes moved the story along way more than all the episodes prior.

131707913_3810061639012259_7961631743387942320_n.jpg

Kinda unrelated but yet related...anyone watching the Book of Boba Fett? I have really enjoyed this one so far and again mainly because of the way they are expanding the character development of the SW universe. I like getting insight on the culture of the Sand People and even getting to listen to an Ithorian.

Kinda unrelated but yet related...anyone watching the Book of Boba Fett? I have really enjoyed this one so far and again mainly because of the way they are expanding the character development of the SW universe. I like getting insight on the culture of the Sand People and even getting to listen to an Ithorian.

Disappointed that you'd use the term Sand People in today's climate.
They identify as Tusken Warriors.
Do better.

JK ... They're Sand People to me too.

Last edited:
Yeah I've been watching, I like it so far. Ok they had to work kinda hard to make Boba Fett into a good guy via character transformation, but I liked the evolution of Tuskans into an actual culture and not just weird desert madmen.

For me, Boba Fett is good but not on the level of The Mandalorian. Not sure why, but I just care more about The Mandalorian characters.

For me, Boba Fett is good but not on the level of The Mandalorian. Not sure why, but I just care more about The Mandalorian characters.
Agree ... it seems like everything is just a notch below the standards of The Mandalorian. Not bad, by any means, I'm digging it ... but the story, acting, CGI, etc arent quite there

Yeah I've been watching, I like it so far. Ok they had to work kinda hard to make Boba Fett into a good guy via character transformation, but I liked the evolution of Tuskans into an actual culture and not just weird desert madmen.
In these types of genres, usually the main character(s) operate by some sort of code. While Boba Fett is a bounty Hunter he’s not a true Mandalorian. I think we’re still learning the code he abides by. The creators and writers have to be careful with this particular character, they have to create a back story (because let’s face it, despite his popularity, Boba Fett is in maybe 10-15 mins of the entire saga prior to The Mandalorian) and present-day story for a wildly cult-like popular character without making him “uncool.” I think the series started off a little slow and is picking up steam. Hopefully they navigate the storytelling at least good enough that Boba Fett has a real storytelling future. Because he is a really cool character.

In these types of genres, usually the main character(s) operate by some sort of code. While Boba Fett is a bounty Hunter he’s not a true Mandalorian. I think we’re still learning the code he abides by. The creators and writers have to be careful with this particular character, they have to create a back story (because let’s face it, despite his popularity, Boba Fett is in maybe 10-15 mins of the entire saga prior to The Mandalorian) and present-day story for a wildly cult-like popular character without making him “uncool.” I think the series started off a little slow and is picking up steam. Hopefully they navigate the storytelling at least good enough that Boba Fett has a real storytelling future. Because he is a really cool character.

Agree ... I'd like Bobba Fett to be more of a Tony Soprano kind of character. A deeply flawed "bad guy" who somehow has just a enough of a "good guy" element to make us care about what happens to him.

But I don't see that happening. The direction of the character seems to be the polar opposite. A generally "good guy" who only on rare occasions is willing to just a little "bad".

What always disappoints me about SW in general is that they’re frequently making things up as they go along. In the sense that prior to the original trilogy, a massive library of source material didn’t exist, a la Harry Potter, GoT and so on, and I think particularly with the prequels and sequels to the OT it glaringly shows…..So anytime they try expand on popular characters from the movies they wind up ignoring movie based canon, retconning, creating massive plot holes and a overall feeling of disjointedness (if that’s a word) at least for me. On the heels of the prequel trilogy, this phenomenon turned me from a super fan into a more general fan with a more indifferent arms-length interest. For more original characters I think things inherently feel more fresh. The original plan was to have a Boba Fett movie and maybe even an Obi-Wan movie before ”Solo” bombed. If they hadn’t had a Boba Fett movie in development I think The Mandalorian would’ve been a Boba Fett series. Subsequently, The Mandalorian gave them more creative freedoms while giving fans a a character who looks just as cool as Boba Fett. I think once The Mandalorian became so popular in its own right, the next logical step is to re-introduce Boba Fett and take it from there….that’s my 2¢.

Last edited:
Agree ... it seems like everything is just a notch below the standards of The Mandalorian. Not bad, by any means, I'm digging it ... but the story, acting, CGI, etc arent quite there
One thing that has bothered me about Boba Fett is some of the fight scenes seem like they are moving in slow motion or like they are rehearsing the choreography before the actual shoot. Especially the scene where the assassins try to take Fett after his visit to the mayor.

Back