• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Mandalorian discussion thread!

First episode of Season 2 now available. Watched this afternoon.. Pretty good an 8/10 for me.

Won't say anything more now

Last edited:
You were higher on it than I. Didn't hate it, but it seemed like a 'filler' episode right off the bat. Although it can be said there is something to the fact that you have no idea what is going to happen next episode.

What I do really like about TM is the deeper dives into peoples we have only seen from afar or from an antagonistic POV. It gives layers to characters like IG-88 and the Sand people. Also expanding their range, like who would have thought IG-88 had great hand to hand combat skills.

I like how this series is expanding the SW universe.

I like that certain episodes "stand alone" for the most part . And there were some things that advanced the big story such ad the closing scene. I am a.big Timothy Oliphant fan and enjoyed his part, playing another Marshall ale Justified and Deadwood

So, I was so hoping this episode was evolving into a 'pivotal moment when Mando gets a new ship' but looks like it passed.

I so wish he had a 'better' ship.

So, I was so hoping this episode was evolving into a 'pivotal moment when Mando gets a new ship' but looks like it passed.

I so wish he had a 'better' ship.
It stretches credibility ( even sci-fi credibility) that his old ship could fly and be repaired.

And I wasn't thrilled with this episode.
Even as a 'filler' this last episode did nothing. Far as I can tell there was no foreshadow of things to come, no development of characters we already know, no overall plot twists, no introduction of new recurring characters, nothing. If you took this episode out of the series I don't think anyone would miss it at all.

Even as a 'filler' this last episode did nothing. Far as I can tell there was no foreshadow of things to come, no development of characters we already know, no overall plot twists, no introduction of new recurring characters, nothing. If you took this episode out of the series I don't think anyone would miss it at all.
S2E2 sure felt that way. It didn't advance the narrative of the show. Now, it's possible that S2E3 will do so and this was setting it up. Sometimes that happens. Even S2E1 did something (caught a glimpse of you-know-who at the tail end).

Still, X Wings. I like X Wings. But SO. MANY. SPIDERS.

Well, we are back moving, still pretty convoluted but I was happy with some of the revelations of the last episode. And unfortunately they are still keeping that ship going.

Well, we are back moving, still pretty convoluted but I was happy with some of the revelations of the last episode. And unfortunately they are still keeping that ship going.
Accept it D The ship will never die

Guest stars in S2:EP3.
facepalm-emoji.png

I should have caught that

Ha was just about to post about S2EP5 which I just now finished - agreed, a great installment with a lot of reveals, especially if you've read the Zahn novels (which I have, decades ago, don't remember much except the big bad guy's name, honestly - which gets dropped here).

I also loved the overall mood and setting of this one, sorta combined a bit of old western shootout, along with some Asian martial arts feel. Good scenery/sets. I was even struck by the music near the end when Mando goes back to his ship to pick up the kid.

I agree the best of this season.

And the "child" has a name, no need to keep calling him baby Yoda.

Back