• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Mandalorian discussion thread!

I’ve not been reading as to avoid spoilers ... just finished episode three Which was the only one that’s mattered so far. Episodes one and two were entertaining but they were filler episodes which didn’t advance the main plot even a little.

I also enjoyed the presence of Ahsoka Tano but I do have a Jedi question.
No takers?

I was hoping one of you that have consumed the clone wars series could enlighten on Ahsoka's affiliation with the order now.

No takers?

I was hoping one of you that have consumed the clone wars series could enlighten on Ahsoka's affiliation with the order now.

She is not an official Jedi. She was Anakin's padawan but was kicked out of the Jedi order.

She is not an official Jedi. She was Anakin's padawan but was kicked out of the Jedi order.
Thank you. I knew there was some arc where she fell out with the Jedi but I didn't know where that was. She makes no attempt to clarify so I was wondering if the schism had been repaired. But she clearly does not harbor resentment so maybe she will be a catalyst for future Jedi trainings.

If I recall correctly, she did harbor some resentment at the end of the final season, she was asked by Anakin to help during a mission and he convinced her to help by giving her a squadron of clones to lead just before order 66 went down. She joined the cause and barely escaped but was able to after they removed Rex’s control chip...

If I recall correctly, she did harbor some resentment at the end of the final season, she was asked by Anakin to help during a mission and he convinced her to help by giving her a squadron of clones to lead just before order 66 went down. She joined the cause and barely escaped but was able to after they removed Rex’s control chip...
You recall correctly.

Yeah, I'm going to have to go back and binge the clone wars...I hate being clueless.
Join the club. I have not seen any of the animated series. If I ask my grandson, he can go on for days in great detail on all the history and story line. I just nod like I know what he is talking about.

Join the club. I have not seen any of the animated series. If I ask my grandson, he can go on for days in great detail on all the history and story line. I just nod like I know what he is talking about.
They are available on Disney+

Episode 6 excellent lots of action and moves the story well. Special treat for Deacon

You know I shouted when that happened!

We need to open a spoiler thread.

I did too I was expecting it to be just an homage and or at best a 10 second cameo. But it seems like there will be more of it ... which I’m looking forward to.

I did too I was expecting it to be just an homage and or at best a 10 second cameo. But it seems like there will be more of it ... which I’m looking forward to.
I think they are talking about something else, not someone.

129760437_10158211017434790_295487458143951962_o.jpg

So this week's episode, while entertaining I guess, didn't do a whole lot to move things along...

It did however address one question that had been bugging me for years (decades) - which was, how in the Boba Fett type ship is the pilot oriented w.r.t. the ground, when the ship rotates 90% during landing? Does it mean the pilot has to land on his/her back or whatever? But in this episode, we see the cabin platform on a gear assembly that moves while the ship reorients in order to keep the seats level. At least, that's how I saw it. Cool.

So this week's episode, while entertaining I guess, didn't do a whole lot to move things along...

It did however address one question that had been bugging me for years (decades) - which was, how in the Boba Fett type ship is the pilot oriented w.r.t. the ground, when the ship rotates 90% during landing? Does it mean the pilot has to land on his/her back or whatever? But in this episode, we see the cabin platform on a gear assembly that moves while the ship reorients in order to keep the seats level. At least, that's how I saw it. Cool.
When Slave 1 is in flight, the pilot is oriented forward, so essentially it's flying "standing up." But as you point out, that would have the pilot laying on his back when landing.

Most sources indicate the cockpit rotates. Thing is, the orientation of the pilot when in flight is NOT one that lends itself to an easy rotation for landing- the pilot would be facing the tail/rear at landing, and not looking out the viewpanel. So if it rotates along that axis, it also has to rotate along another to keep the pilot facing forward. But then, this cutaway from LucasArts indicates the pilot is indeed facing to the "rear" when the craft is horizontal for landing:
crosssection.jpg

Back