• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

MB Quart Vera bookshelf speakers

Hard to find any reviews on them. When I do a search mostly only returns there car audio stuff.

At that discount if they have a good return policy may be worth a purchase. Just got a feeling getting a listen at the local audio store may be nearly impossible.

Yeah, I didn't find much about them. There is a couple of reviews from Sound And Vision but they are for the whole 5.1 set. I guess MB Quart home speakers were never popular here in the US.
I am so close to pulling the trigger though. :happy-smileygiantred:

Well I ran their Car-Fi stuff for a long time and I loved it. Absolutely some of the best car audio speakers I have personally ever heard.

That being said, I always thought their home stuff sounded a lot like Boston Acoustics Home stuff. If you are familiar with Boston's home stuff and you like it you may like the MB Quart stuff as well. A buddy of mine used to own a small shop and he sold MB Quart car and home speakers.

That has to be one of the most frustratingly useless web sites I've ever visited. Think I could find out something simple like the dimensions of those speakers? I tried downloading their catalog and I get an Acrobat message to the effect that "whoever created this pdf is an idiot and should be shot!" Now I ask: has this built enough trust that I'd buy something from them - using a credit card? Hell no!

I called them yesterday and actually No One there knows anything about these.

Are they a diamond in the rough?????

I realize this is subjective... but I bought a pair of used MB Quart Domain 40's back around 2000. They were originally $700 each new. I had them for about 5 years and then sold them to a good friend because I wasn't using them.
They were without a doubt the best bookshelves I've ever heard.

$(KGrHqNHJE!FJbw%20EveyBScr9)!3Eg~~60_35.JPG

I have a buyers clause with him. If he ever sells them I get first dibs.

They ones I had were impossible to find on eBay. I do think they are diamonds in the rough. I'd happily buy mine back for the selling price.

V

I'm looking for a pair of Bookshelf speakers in this price range. I just may order them.

Dennie :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

JeffMackwood said:
That has to be one of the most frustratingly useless web sites I've ever visited. Think I could find out something simple like the dimensions of those speakers? I tried downloading their catalog and I get an Acrobat message to the effect that "whoever created this pdf is an idiot and should be shot!" Now I ask: has this built enough trust that I'd buy something from them - using a credit card? Hell no!

im not certain either, as always, there are websites that are 'built' to look like the real deal, but aint.

if ever, consider getting one of dem vasa cards via walmart or other stores, and plug in some cash if not equal or greater than the amount for the purchase. best way to avoid having hassles along the way.

I ordered them. I got an email saying that they received payment and they will email me a tracking number as soon as they ship. They are using Shopatron. A lot of major brands like JL Audio, Suzuki, Modell's, Mizuno, Ducati, and many others use Shopatron so I think it will be ok.
I will let you guys know how it goes.
And btw, shipping is $75 so the total is $524.

lulimet said:
I ordered them. I got an email saying that they received payment and they will email me a tracking number as soon as they ship. They are using Shopatron. A lot of major brands like JL Audio, Suzuki, Modell's, Mizuno, Ducati, and many others use Shopatron so I think it will be ok.
I will let you guys know how it goes.
And btw, shipping is $75 so the total is $524.

Exactly my experience. I used Paypal, so I should be covered if there are any problems.

Hard to pass up at this price. :handgestures-thumbup:

Thanks for the heads up Lulimet! :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Dennie

awesome!

where is it being shipped from?

take some pictures and let us know your experience with them!

this deserves a YOU SUCK!

So, there is a saying in life "No Balls, No Glory!"

Heeman ordered 3 pairs of these today................

I relentlessly searched the web for reviews of the Vera Series of speakers and just like everyone else came up empty. I did find something indicating that the key employees of MB Quart in Germany started another speaker company.....German Maestro (http://www.german-maestro.de/EN/).

I called their US Rep and had a rather lengthy conversation with him about the company and the MB Quart Vera Series.

In the meantime, I was also in contact with Kelly at Maxxsonics, the Company selling the old inventory of MB Quart. Kelly was very helpful, however no one at Maxxsonics had or knew anything about these speakers. Kelly was able to contact an ex-employee that had a PDF for the sales brochure for the Vera Line.

After explaining my strategy to my wife Barb, she quickly approved and the purchase was made. The 3 pairs will be shipped on a skid together, due to quality of handling and cost.

My strategy is that hopefully these perform as well if not better than my Paradigm Studio's in the HT and replace them. I will have 5 identically speakers in the HT that sound great????? Well back to the opening quote.........

I will move the Studio 60's back into the Den and try to sell my 2 pairs of Studio 20's. This will off set the price significantly.

If by chance the MB Quart Vera Bookshelf Speakers Suck or I hate them...................Well "NO BALLS NO GLORY", let's hope this is not the case!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Oh yea, lulimet, let's hope that there is a BIG THANK YOU coming your way in the near future!!

Heeman, I will give you $100 a pair for your Studio 20's (shipped of course) :angelic-green: and if you decide the MB Quarts suck, I will give you $50 for one pair (shipped of course) so you don't have to look at them and regret the purchase. :laughing-rolling:

Cuz I am a forum brother and I just wanna help you out. :eusa-whistle:

Seriously though I hope you guys all get the real deal with no hassles and enjoy them for a long time.

Back