• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

MB Quart Vera bookshelf speakers

I should have mine no later than 3/12/14......

SHIPMENT STATUS LOCATION DATE TIME

TRAILER DEPARTED NORTHLAKE, IL 03/06/2014 01:19
LOADED ON TRAILER NORTHLAKE, IL 03/05/2014 20:41
FREIGHT UNLOADED NORTHLAKE, IL 03/05/2014 19:10
PICKED UP LAKE ZURICH, IL 03/05/2014 17:08

Can you measure the dimensions and weight please - if you get the chance?

^ 9" x 15" x 12" (230 x 380 x 308) Just a tad bigger than a Paradigm Studio 20.

I was told approx. 26 lbs.

heeman said:
AWESOME!!!!

I can't wait to hear your first impressions.......

Wake that 2 year old up!!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

You've never done that...have you Heeman?

:teasing-neener:

There is no way I would wake a 2 year old up from a nap....

No way.

15" x 9 1/4 x 12 1/2 with the grills on. Not sure about the weight. I have them hooked up to the system already.

heeman said:
^ 9" x 15" x 12" (230 x 380 x 308) Just a tad bigger than a Paradigm Studio 20.

I was told approx. 26 lbs.
Merci!

(Ditto lulimet)

Batman said:
Keith, try and get a pair to John's later this month! I gotta hear if these sound like $3k speakers or $500 speakers. :happy-smileygiantred:

Yeah, I told him the same thing on the phone. He said something about trying to get them on the plane.

John

That is one sleepy boy. The suspense is killing me. Surely you have down some low volume listening? You could always put some cotten in his ears :D

Sweet! They look great, but I wonder how they sound........ :eusa-whistle:

My delivery still says Monday the 10th.

Hodgkins, IL, United States 03/05/2014 9:05 A.M. Departure Scan
03/05/2014 3:21 A.M. Arrival Scan
Palatine, IL, United States 03/05/2014 2:37 A.M. Departure Scan
Palatine, IL, United States 03/04/2014 8:32 P.M. Origin Scan
03/04/2014 8:19 P.M. Forwarded to the facility in the destination city.
United States 03/04/2014 6:22 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Saturday would be better, but I do have Monday off. :banana-dance:

Dennie

Could only get about 30 minutes with them and it was low volume listening so can't really say much except that they are brighter than the Dynaudio S1.4 that I had. I am sure it has to do with the metal tweeter of the MB Quarts compared to the soft dome tweeter of the Dyns.
So far, they do sound better than the Focal Chorus that I bought recently (to replace the Dyns).
If these MB Quarts sound 80% good as Dynaudio than I am going to be very happy especially for the price. Tomorrow I may crank them for an hour or two.

lulimet said:
Could only get about 30 minutes with them and it was low volume listening so can't really say much except that they are brighter than the Dynaudio S1.4 that I had. I am sure it has to do with the metal tweeter of the MB Quarts compared to the soft dome tweeter of the Dyns.
So far, they do sound better than the Focal Chorus that I bought recently (to replace the Dyns).
If these MB Quarts sound 80% good as Dynaudio than I am going to be very happy especially for the price. Tomorrow I may crank them for an hour or two.

Cool! Thanks Lulimet.

I listen to Klipsch La Scala's every day so "Brightness" doesn't scare me. LOL

Dennie

Is the front baffle plastic or metal? It's hard to tell from the pic and, as noted, there isn't much useful listed on the website.

lulimet said:

You got rid of your Dyn's?

I missed that.

Heheh. I didn't make a thread about it. Basically I got the itch to have a 5.1 system again but had no money to buy more Dyns to complement the S1.4, so I sold the S1.4 and bought a set of 5 Focal Chorus V speakers. I took advantage of the deep discounts on them.
I got $1400 for the S1.4 and paid $1370 for the Focals, so I broke even.
Such is married life :violin:

Towen7 said:
Is the front baffle plastic or metal? It's hard to tell from the pic and, as noted, there isn't much useful listed on the website.
It's metal. The only plastic piece is that rear cover that covers the binding posts.

lulimet,

When you post your comments about the sound at higher volumes, can you let us know the type of music you were listening to?

Also, what type of receiver or amp are you driving these with?

Thanks!

heeman

being rated at 6ohms, did you have any challenges with your AVR or prepro running it?

no unboxing video? isnt that a staple nowadays for this generation? :eek:bscene-buttred:

"i posted a video of me opening my fruit of the looms".... :happy-smileygiantred:

man, its nice to see some of yall are getting new speakers.

MBQ_zps2f11612d.jpg

Ummm ... You appear to like these speakers a little too much. Thats not what we mean whgen we talk about "breaking in" your new speakers.

Back