• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

MB Quart Vera bookshelf speakers

One of the most famous nearfield studio speakers from years past were the Yamaha NS10s. They were notoriously bright and many places used tissue paper to solve the issue:

105129d1230618415-correct-tissue-ns-10s-ns10tissue.jpg

You're welcome! :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

You know Botch, I have not listened to them with their grills on.

I may be able to hide some Charmin behind the grills.......................... :eusa-whistle:

JeffMackwood said:
Is it a single enclosure with dual vents, or a dual enclosure with single vents? I'm just guessing, but if the former, and given the enclosure's apparent larger size, it should have deeper bass extension, whereas with the latter it would more closely match the other speakers.

From the S&V review

Speaker: Vera VS 1C
Type: Two-way vented, center
Tweeter (size in inches, type): 1, titanium dome
Midrange (size in inches, type): N/A
Woofer (size in inches, type): 6, polymer composite cone (2)
Nominal Impedance (ohms): 6
Recommended Amp Power (watts): 70—150
Available Finishes: Elsberry or Birdseye Maple
Dimensions (H x W x D, inches): 10 x 24.65 x 13.7
Weight (pounds): 58.5

The owner's manual says 35hz -32khz

This weekend I was able to listen to the system for long periods. I now no longer feel that they are bright sounding with some material. I don't know if it's because they are now "properly broken in" or if it's me getting used to their sound. All I got to say that these speakers are badass and the center speaker is even more badass than the bookshelves. I'm really enjoying them. I still can't believe that I only paid $1600 for the full set. I feel like I made out like a bandit.

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

I am just as thrilled as you are Lulimet!

These speakers sound great and don't mind being pushed.

Then top it with the great price......

:bow-blue: :bow-blue:

Back