• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

MB Quart Vera bookshelf speakers

I was, WAS, thinking about picking up 2 of the Subs..................... The Vera bookshelves would sit nicely on them. However I would be concerning that since these were manufactured approx. 6-8 yrs ago, the amplifiers in the subs, may have premature issues. However I will be talking to Tom at PSA today about some ideas...............

If I was going to make another sub purchase, it would be a second XS-30. I just got off the phone with Tom from PSA discussing running stereo subs along with my XS-30 for LFE. That may be a good option, however tuning it properly could be a challenge. The easiest most bang for the buck improvement would be to add a second XS-30.

We will see............

Just got a chance to check in on this thread. It sounds like everyone is all smiles and grins. I was hoping a pair of these might show up from UPS on Wednesday or Thursday for us to play around with. But, I guess someone wants to be a speaker-hog... :happy-smileygiantred:

John

yromj said:
Just got a chance to check in on this thread. It sounds like everyone is all smiles and grins. I was hoping a pair of these might show up from UPS on Wednesday or Thursday for us to play around with. But, I guess someone wants to be a speaker-hog... :happy-smileygiantred:

John

No,no,no,no,no................................................... Not a speaker hog at all.

It is all about the $$$$$$.

If we were driving, there would be a pair coming with us....

Just another good reason for some of you guys to take a trip to Deep South Texas! :happy-smileygiantred:

Update..................

I spent many hours in the HT listening to music on these new Vera's. I am still getting used to the "brightness", however the accuracy of these speakers, are something that I have never heard before. The accuracy in string instruments is just incredible. Voices are just amazing. Even in some of the harder rock material, the guitar chords a very well defined.

Yesterday morning, I told Barb to come in and I played her some of the stuff that sound great. I then handed her the SqueezeBox remote and let her at it. Our musical tastes are somewhat similar, however very different also.

She went right to soundtracks........... Some fun stuff was Cocktails, St. Elmo's Fire and Top Gun. Then to West Side Story.

Then she played some Peter, Paul and Mary. I never heard their harmonies so clear.

Well it was getting near Race Time, however the Bristol Sprint Cup Race was rained delayed, and this worked in our favor, cause neither of us wanted to leave the HT and listening to these AWESOME speakers. Barb said that she could not believe how CLEAR these speaker sounded. I asked her if they sounded bright to her and she said only on some stuff. I still have the same feelings.

They blend extremely well with the sub.

Saturday night, Barb didn't want to watch a movie, so I went into the HT to watch Skyfall. The sound was just amazing!

I am really glad that I took the risk and purchased these speakers.

Dennie, lulimet.................any updates from you guys!!

I didn't get a chance to listen to them over the weekend because my in-laws and my parents came over for our daughter's birthday.

I am going to have more time for them this week. The center speaker and the other pair of VS05 are on vehicle for delivery. :banana-rock:

The VS01C center and the elsberry pair of the VS05Bs are here. I have to say that the elsberry finish is so freaking beautiful. Maybe I should have ordered all of them in that finish. Also, the VS01C is pretty damn big and heavy. I am very impressed with the build quality of these speakers.
I will re-run Audyssey tomorrow and listen for an hour or two.

lulimet said:
The VS01C center and the elsberry pair of the VS05Bs are here. I have to say that the elsberry finish is so freaking beautiful. Maybe I should have ordered all of them in that finish. Also, the VS01C is pretty damn big and heavy. I am very impressed with the build quality of these speakers.
I will re-run Audyssey tomorrow and listen for an hour or two.
Pics of all of these different speakers would be greatly appreciated. We are living vicariously through you - you know!

heeman said:
No,no,no,no,no................................................... Not a speaker hog at all.

Just another good reason for some of you guys to take a trip to Deep South Texas! :happy-smileygiantred:

Oh...you might live to regret those words. Just wait until you hear what we've cooked up...we've got plans...

John

I bought a pair of Bowers & Wilkings steel speaker stands from Best Buy for a really good price. They are really nice.
Now if I can only find some me time to do some proper listening :angry-banghead:

20140318_195755_zpsa2657831.jpg

DSC_0173_zpsf0bd934d.jpg

DSC_0174_zps665b6e4f.jpg

DSC_0175_zpsb09e881e.jpg

DSC_0177_zps3ff0c6ef.jpg

DSC_0176_zps17620a8b.jpg

yromj said:
heeman said:

Oh...you might live to regret those words. Just wait until you hear what we've cooked up...we've got plans...

John

Anticipation? ............OR .............The Fear of the Unknown?

We will see you tomorrow!!!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Are you MattB's long lost twin, separated at birth? (You need to have visited MattB's place, and his bedrooms in particular, to know why I ask). :)

I can honestly say I've not seen a more impressive bedroom system than that lulimet. More than very impressive.

Thanks for the pics. I really like the looks of that centre channel. Is it a single enclosure with dual vents, or a dual enclosure with single vents? I'm just guessing, but if the former, and given the enclosure's apparent larger size, it should have deeper bass extension, whereas with the latter it would more closely match the other speakers. Which raises the question: how might they fare if used all around? Just pondering.

Jeff

Guys, this is my only system. With two little kids, I can't risk putting this stuff in our family room. Our basement isn't finished either and we don't have the funds right now to finish it so I chose the bedroom for my system.
Though, I wish this was my one of many systems like Matt's :happy-smileygiantred:

JeffMackwood said:
I can honestly say I've not seen a more impressive bedroom system than that lulimet. More than very impressive.

Thanks for the pics. I really like the looks of that centre channel. Which raises the question: how might they fare if used all around?

We haven't discussed the merits/deficits of horizontal vs. vertical MTM speakers in a while.

Towen7 said:
JeffMackwood said:

Thanks for the pics. I really like the looks of that centre channel. Which raises the question: how might they fare if used all around?

We haven't discussed the merits/deficits of horizontal vs. vertical MTM speakers in a while.

and i appreciated that discussion a lot. i learned a lot about that, and im thankful for everyone who was a part of it. dang, its been a while hasnt it t7?

i hope tho at this day and age, the design has changed for newer model center speakers.

lumilet, if you wanna check out how 'deep' your center speaker goes, try to disconnect the fronts and find ...

open range - the scene where costner says 'did you kill my friend' and see he fire that single action revolver.

monsters inc - the scene where they found a 'contaminant' at the plant, and they enclose it and diffuse it with a bomb, the big 'thump' should be impressive.

man, i wish i can afford new speakers... congrats guys.

Towen7 said:
JeffMackwood said:

This is the main reason that I went with all bookshelf speakers for my 5.1 system.

Another listening session.

I wanted to focus on one of my favorite bands/artists.

Steely Dan and Donald Fagen.

Aja, Can't Buy A Thrill and Morph The Cat

I am still getting used to the brightness, however the accuracy and the detail is amazing.

I really cranked Morph The Cat (the song) and the balance and the blend between these speakers and the sub was just totally incredible. Freakin' Incredible!!!

I really have come to the conclusion that there is no one speaker solution for all music types. Or should that say "recording types". I am enjoying these, but still need to get used to their brightness on certain material. Additional treatments still need to be added to the HT. This may also help.

Back