• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Music you played the shit out of!

Huey

Famous
In spirit of your first purchase, what music have you purchased that got heavy play, either in the car or at home. Back in my late teens early 20's, I would have on average, a 45 minute drive back and forth to work everyday. There were about 4 cassettes that I would switch between on the drive.

Bon Jovi slippery when wet, Journey's Greatest hits(Girl Can't Help it getting most of the play on that one), The Eddie Money album at the time(the one with I wanna go back on it), and a Night Ranger cassette that popular at the time. Pearl Jam's Ten would replace all of them a few years later.

At times, I miss the drive, especially when it was the back roads. Loud music, no traffic and the fresh country air was a great way to wind down after a day at work.

Metallica - And Justice For All. I pretty much listened to this album every day in my teen years.

I wore out Chicago's Greatest Hits in high school, and listened to both disks of Pink Floyd's The Wall, on headphones, every night my entire junior year in college.

as a kid i couldnt get enough of black sabbaths 1st 3 albums,then about 5 yrs.ago i couldnt get enough of this tribute cd[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpZPPVnVwO4[/youtube]

Yes-close.jpg

Played the shit out of this one. I purchased it when I was in 8th grade.

One of my favorite all time bands!

heeman said:
Yes-close.jpg

Played the shit out of this one. I purchased it when I was in 8th grade.

One of my favorite all time bands!
Yea,i went thru that faze/haze with the triple live album Yes songs. I still kept that album for the cover art

lulimet said:
Metallica - And Justice For All. I pretty much listened to this album every day in my teen years.

Most of my teen years was listening to Metallica. Master of Puppets probably got the most play, followed by Garage Day's $5.98ep and Justice. Ever hear the Justice remixed with better bass?

I can break down heavy rotations starting with grades then ages. Music has always been a constant for me.

8th: Anthrax "Among the Living" Megadeth: "Peace Sells"
9th: Danzig and The Misfits "Walk Among US"
10th: Public Enemy :"Nation of Millions"
11th: Smashing Pumpkins "Gish" Alice in Chains "Facelift" Biohazard " self titled
12th: The Cult "Ceremony" , Nirvana "Bleach" and "Nevermind"

18-20: The Jesus Lizard "Goat" , Soundgarden "Badmotorfinger" and a local band The Absurd" Beck "Mellow Gold"
20-25: Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" and "Animals" Radiohead "OK Computer and "The Bends" All Radiohead releases after this became heavily rotated up until and including current
25-30: Queens of the Stone Age self titled and "Rated R" , Kyuss all but mostly "Blues for the Red Sun" Deftones "Around the Fur" Interpol "Turn on the Bright Lights" QOTSA became heavily rotated and still is
30-35: Scott H. Biram, all but mostly "Dirty old One Man Band" Some unreleased Hank III stuff, Junkrod Joe and the Cadillac Hearse, Radiohead "In Rainbows" Silversun Pickups "Carnavus" Beck "
35-present: Mostly listening to Pandora created stations. Edward Sharpe, Death Cab, Postal Service, Bon Iver, Pinback, The Black Keys are all heavily played at the moment.

Played the shit out of this one on album and 8 track[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8Zkpzn5uAQ[/youtube]

Judas Priest - Defenders of the Faith was a favorite for a long time, still have a CD of that one though originally I had it on cassette. Yeah Botch, The Wall was one of my very early CDs, though I think I must have had it on vinyl at one point because I have a vague memory of reading the lyrics and such on a large booklet, must've been way bigger than CD liner notes. On the classical side, Robert Shaw's Brahms Requiem and Handel's Messiah.

A few more I wore out.
41VFD8525KL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Local group still see them around town.
611309EERVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Of course anything Neil Young always a fan but this one still gets played a lot.
61L3fA6d25L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

L&M and POCO
61xMN1cbm3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41-8qqgLbdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51WjtFzY1fL._SS500_.jpg

This was one of the first cassettes I owned growing up. I probably still have it somewhere. I own it on CD and vinyl as well. Can't get enough of it. I just recently read Slash's autobiography so it is getting more play recently.

thumbnail.aspx

Just about wore this out on vinyl. Mom and Dad had a big console stereo thingy in the livlng room and it would play pretty loud. If I wasn't blaring this my brother was.

Back