• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

My dream speakers!

Yesfan70 said:
Well to be honest....no. I'm still holding out for a portable laserdisc player for my kid on those long vacation trips.

Just got to figure out how to teach him to flip and switch the discs on some of those longer movies.

I have your solution. Panasonic LX-200U. Auto return laser, no disc flipping required. I also have the original Star Wars on LD... CAV version baby.

V

Voodoo said:
Yesfan70 said:
Well to be honest....no. I'm still holding out for a portable laserdisc player for my kid on those long vacation trips.

Just got to figure out how to teach him to flip and switch the discs on some of those longer movies.

I have your solution. Panasonic LX-200U. Auto return laser, no disc flipping required. I also have the original Star Wars on LD... CAV version baby.

V

You still gotta switch out the discs.......... ;)

soundhound said:
........When I was a kid, 8 tracks were already the norm, but I did see several people who had record players in their cars. These were made for car use, and I think they may have only played 45 RPM records, but maybe albums also. At any rate, I'd sure as hell not want to play any of my premium 200 gram pressings on one of those things. :scared-eek:

Come on man, could you just imagine playing some of those 45s while rock crawling in a 70s CJ-5 or CJ-7? :laughing:

DIYer said:
Voodoo said:
I also have the original Star Wars on LD... CAV version baby.

V
Do you own JBL speakers by any chance? :think:

Nope. But I still have nearly 40 LDs! And I don't know why, the only ones I'll keep are the original Star Wars.

Yesfan70 said:
Voodoo said:
Yesfan70 said:

V

You still gotta switch out the discs.......... ;)

You're so picky! :p

V

Back