• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

My speakers are better than yours!

Mine aren't the biggest, nor the smallest and likely not the best sounding but they sure do look pretty.

038-1-1.jpg

Ah, but mine have custom special cat repellers on them...

Attachments

• speaker-stack.jpg
    speaker-stack.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,027
Not so fast there boys - ya'll forgot the class of the field :twisted:

DSC_0035-1.jpg

Yeah... that's right...And they're only going to get better – once the Threaded Stud Gliders arrive replacing the generic spikes I’ll be able to slide these slabs within a cats whisker to ultimate degrees of angles ... Acclimate to it!
smiley-faces-32.gif
smiley-faces-32.gif
smiley-faces-32.gif

Zing said:
We're not worthy. :handgestures-thumbup:

You got that right! I'm thinking I should be in a different forum - something like "A/V/HT for Poor Dummies" .......... :drool: :drool:

Dennie said:
Flint said:
MINE!!!!

Not a bad Start, if you stick around we'll see if we can get you straightened out!

Good to see you "My Man",

Dennie

Ya, I am only a noob here, but if that guys sticks around and listens to other peoples ideas he can probably learn a lot about this hobby.

If I were him I would pay particular attention to the members that are over 35 years of age.
:eek:bscene-buttred:

Randy said:
Dennie said:
Not a bad Start, if you stick around we'll see if we can get you straightened out!

Good to see you "My Man",

Dennie

Ya, I am only a noob here, but if that guys sticks around and listens to other peoples ideas he can probably learn a lot about this hobby.

If I were him I would pay particular attention to the members that are over 35 years of age.
:eek:bscene-buttred:
That's what I'm sayin'! :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers: These "kids" think they know it all now a days! :angry-tappingfoot:

Good to see you Randy, Hey.......did you finally sell the fireplace? :shock:

Dennie

Nope, it's still there right in the middle of the best wall in my living room.

Dennie, he ain't ever gonna sell that fireplace, in fact decades from now when he passes, I suppose some stranger will passing a gravestone and read, "Here Lies Randy, Good father, husband and grandfather, enjoyed life to the fullest. " and below that, "Hey, anybody wanna buy a fireplace. "

MatthewB said:
Dennie, he ain't ever gonna sell that fireplace, in fact decades from now when he passes, I suppose some stranger will passing a gravestone and read, "Here Lies Randy, Good father, RAGING JACKASS, and grandfather, enjoyed life to the fullest. " and below that, "Hey, anybody wanna buy a fireplace. "

Matt, the above is all true with the following changes made by my wife!!!

Maybe your into something a little more electrostatic. There are big, majestic and with a sound to match.

prodigy06.jpg

Showoff. :twisted:

Wow, 300lbs per speaker. I guess most of that is the cabinet itself?

Still waiting to hear your thoughts on the sound of these speakers... :eusa-whistle:

PaulyT said:
Showoff. :twisted:

Wow, 300lbs per speaker. I guess most of that is the cabinet itself?

Still waiting to hear your thoughts on the sound of these speakers... :eusa-whistle:

Yes, the cabinet is massive to get the rigidity. The front baffle is built from two layers of 3/4" baltic birch and some of the internal bracing is three layers thick. The sides are 4 layers of kerf MDF that are filled with glass beads and so on...

I'm not a reveiwer so my wording my not be the norm but they sound real. The bass is tight and goes real deep. I've been asked if I was running a sub. Nope, that's just the speaker. The mids are open, airy and create a soundstage with a depth that envelopes you. Think how music sounds playing in another room. Then think what it is like when you enter that room. That is the difference for me of most speakers and these. It just opens up. The highs are crisp and clean. The 077 adds the sizzle I was looking for the upper end. All together these are bring you into the music. They image to bring the music alive, so you can listen for hours on end and never feel fatigued. I had some people over and one of the guys was not a horn guy and gave me the compliment that they were the first horn he really liked and could not only listen too but could stay in the room with all afternoon. Yes, they're keepers.

They're definitely gorgeous! If they sound anywhere close to your description above, I'm sure they're a real pleasure to own...

Back