• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Need a new remote

Here's what you need Pauly

BigUR.jpg

The One is "too expensive"??? Aren't you the guy who buys $2,400 worth of bourbon every week?

Yeah well, that means no money left over for electronic toys!

Well really it's not really that I absolutely couldn't afford a couple hundred bucks, but more that since I only have three components to control (tv, pre/pro, bdp), that the fancier ones are just way overkill. I'm willing to spend the $$ if I think it's really necessary.

And good bourbons are REALLY necessary. :happy-smileygiantred:

Well yeah... but the first two were older (used) ones:

H670_Front.jpg

before the recent redesign of the 600 series:

Logitech-Harmony-650-e2.jpg

I can only hope they've improved the lifetime of these.

The first picture looks a lot like the factory "universal" remote for Uverse receivers. I find them to be outstanding from an ergonomic/usability standpoint. I've been on he URC train for too long to be able to comment on the Harmony but definitely keep us posted.

Towen7 said:
So this will be your THIRD Harmony 600 series remote?

PaulyT said:
Well yeah... but the first two were older (used) ones:
Out of curiosity, how much have you invested in all three remotes? Purchase prices, shipping charges and taxes (pretty much everything but batteries)...what's the grand total?

jomari said:
has this for a long time, but never got to use it as much...

Yeah, saw those, but the reviews were poor and I don't like having all those "panels" of buttons all right next to each other. Too easy to push the wrong one.

Zing said:
Out of curiosity, how much have you invested in all three remotes? Purchase prices, shipping charges and taxes (pretty much everything but batteries)...what's the grand total?

I paid about $30-$35 for each of the first two. Those lasted about three years total. This new one was $62 shipped. Yes I know where you're going, I could have gotten a single, better ~$120 remote instead. But again it's not JUST about the money, though that's part of it. And there's no guarantee a pricier one would've lasted any longer...

PaulyT said:
jomari said:
has this for a long time, but never got to use it as much...

Yeah, saw those, but the reviews were poor and I don't like having all those "panels" of buttons all right next to each other. Too easy to push the wrong one.

cant comment on how it 'feels' havent got to feel it up as much as id like to.

i see your point on the 3 remotes. for what its worth, it wouldnt hurt so much if the more expensive remote dies all of a sudden or because your kids didnt know it wasnt waterproof.

anyhoo, best of luck pauly. i wish i could help out, but i dont know much of universal remotes.

That's a good point, my remotes do tend to get knocked around a fair bit between kids and cats jumping around the room. Another good reason not to get an expensive one with a fancy screen.

Zing said:
I have a surplus Phillips Pronto TSU2000 that you can have.

After the move, I was only able to find the box and manual, not the remote. I held on to those things hoping the remote would turn up. Recently, I gave up and finally pitched the box and manual. Son-of-a-bitch if I didn't find the friggin' remote within days of throwing that stuff away.

Anyway, the remote is yours if you're interested.

51ANJVZDFCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

For the record, this offer wasn't exclusive for Paul. If anyone wants this remote, holler! It'll be one less item in a landfill.

zing! i'll bite!

maybe i didnt have the 'right' remote for the experience. anyhoo, it would also be good because my uncle who had a stroke pretty much cant understand the other remotes. (i guess this is where the universal remote comes handy)...

anyways, if ever pm me the details as to how much you want to sell it or what not. i might have some coin to cover it.

jomari said:
zing! i'll bite!

maybe i didnt have the 'right' remote for the experience. anyhoo, it would also be good because my uncle who had a stroke pretty much cant understand the other remotes. (i guess this is where the universal remote comes handy)...

anyways, if ever pm me the details as to how much you want to sell it or what not. i might have some coin to cover it.
SOLD!

PM me your address.

Back