• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Need some help music fans

Huey

Famous
Gotta another song stuck in my head from the early 80's. It would have been on heavy rotation on MTV somewhere around 82, 83 or 84 probably. It has the line in it something like running around with my go go girl, or go go world or something like that. I'm guessing it was probably a one hit wonder band. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Rob

The only tune I can think of that fits your critera would be Wham - Make It Big, 1984.
Best guess.

Lyrics

You put the boom-boom into my heart
You send my soul sky high when your lovin' starts
Jitterbug into my brain
Goes a bang-bang-bang 'til my feet do the same
But something's bugging you
Something ain't right
My best friend told me what you did last night
Left me sleepin' in my bed
I was dreaming, but I should have been with you instead.

Wake me up before you go-go
Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo
I don't want to miss it when you hit that high
'Cause I'm not plannin' on going solo
Take me dancing tonight
I wanna hit that high (yeah, yeah)

You take the grey skies out of my way
You make the sun shine brighter than Doris Day
Turned a bright spark into a flame
My beats per minute never been the same

'Cause you're my lady, I'm your fool
It makes me crazy when you act so cruel
Come on, baby, let's not fight
We'll go dancing, everything will be all right

'Cause I'm not plannin'' on going solo
Take me dancing tonight
I wanna hit that high (yeah, yeah, baby)

(Jitterbug)
(Jitterbug)

Cuddle up, baby, move in tight
We'll go dancing tomorrow night
It's cold out there, but it's warm in bed
They can dance, we'll stay home instead

(Jitterbug)

'Cause I'm not plannin' on going solo
Take me dancing tonight
Wake me up before you go-go, don't you dare to leave me hanging on like a
yo-yo
Take me dancing

Rope

Kazaam, thanks for that, but it isn't Rick Astley, although it is a bunch a guys. Not sure if it is a group, or a solo singer, but it would have been around the time when MTV had a lot of english groups on, around the time of Culture Club. It also may have had a harpsichord playing in it.
Rob

Zing said:
Huey said:
Kazaam, thanks for that, but it isn't Rick Astley,
Dude...I believe you were RickRolled! :laughing-rolling:

Yeah, I know, but I was trying not to draw attention to it. Thanks Zing! :eek:bscene-buttred: :happy-smileygiantred:
Rob

Yeah... sorry about that. I actually gave it an honest attempt to figure out the answer at first, but I came up empty. So figured I had to post SOMETHING, right? :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Is it a British band? man, I have no clue on that one. I'm much better hearing a song as opposed to reading and/or having the lyrics sung to me when trying to figure out a tune.

One that comes to mind is Bananarama's "Girl About Town", but it's along shot.

You do no rest
To join the best
With your smart tall good looks
You spread your wings
In deeper things
Your better than it looks
Good times from the clothes you took
Far from the bottle
Your friends all share your hollow looks
Girl about town, girl about town, girl about
Girl about town, girl about town, girl about town
If you think that
You're so smart
With friends and cars for style
Why does your face
Look out of place
Your response stands out a mile
Far from the bottle
Far from the bottle

Thanks Yesfan, but it isn't Bananarama. It could be a british band, it was around the same time that groups like madness, culture club and others were dominating early MTV. The lead singer was a male, and I almost seem to remember them shooting in different parts of a city.
I did find some site that had some 80's videos, but didin't see anything that struck a chord.
Rob

can you hum how it goes, maybe that'll help. :D

on a serious note, ive been huntin the net as well, trying to figure out what song it was...

kinda like understanding ozzy in his talk show...

This will be a big stretch, but it's not "Pop Goes The World" by Men Without Hats, is it? My guess is not since there's no "Go Go Go" lyrics but it does mention "world", eh? (Unfortunately the video isn't nearly as cool as the one for Safety Dance.)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zUUtf7gOe8[/youtube]

I tried songlyrics.com and entered the lyrics searching for that phrasing. Several came up for "go go girl" but none sounded like 80's bands, certainly none that I can remember.
Nothing came up for "go go world".

Thanks for the help guys, it's driving me crazy. I'm sure one day I'll hear the song, or it will be in a movie and I'll get the "A-HA" moment.

Thanks to one Mr. Randy for posting about songlyrics.com. Never had heard of the sight, but after racking my brain, I figured the song was Whirly Girl, maybe by Oxo. I wasn't even close with the go go girl, it was let me tell you about a girl I know. The song at Amazon doesn't sound the same as it did in my head, but the lyrics are right. Anyone know if this was recorded by anyone else. The one I seem to remember, I thought it had more synthisizer in it. Thanks for all of the help guys.
Rob

Just watched the video on youtube, that's the song and the band. Thanks again guys!
Rob

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-atC5XLHlg[/youtube]

OMG, i remember that song now. LOL...

Ya man, songlyrics.com is the bomb. That website has saved me from going crazy(er) hundreds of times.

I'd asked the question on one of my musician's boards, they came up with Marc Bolan's pre-T-Rex band:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQZOc9lBBjM[/youtube]

wicked organ entrance in that song!

Back