• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New Receiver Comparison

Sailor said:
if i have any technicality problems with this unit, can i rely on you people for support? i am sure i will have, as i am not audio savvy. I have a 175 pages of instructions to read and try to comprehend, i wish one of you could come to my place and program this unit to nearly perfection :happy-smileygiantred: but i will try to go by their instructions, i know Denon is not well reputated to write easily to understand instructions. i believe there are books out called Denon for dummies :text-lol:

Go ahead and bounce some our questions off this forum. I have the 4310 and it should have many similarities. I'll answer what I can, but that may be limited. I'd also suggest following the owner's thread over at AVS Forums. They're a highly active community, but you typically have to read through alot of posts. Chances are, however, they've discussed your problem. Here's a link.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1274153

Is the remote and interface an improvement over the 3805? Those are my two biggest Denon complaints.

-B- said:
Is the remote and interface an improvement over the 3805? Those are my two biggest Denon complaints.

Are you talking about the GUI for setup etc? If so, yes this is completely new. It has a full color OSD over HDMI (or any other video output) that is laid over the source image. I think it's one of the best GUIs out there right now. The way things are organized in it can be a little confusing at first, but overall I think it's great.

And yes, the remote has been updated, but it still has the top portion with the glowing buttons that change depending on the source. It's an ok remote and by no means a deal breaker IMO.

-B- said:

i like the remote on the 3805 i think it is cool, but the remote on the 4311 has a cheap look, and probably not as hard on batteries, but has good features, look very ordinary.

[Go ahead and bounce some our questions off this forum. I have the 4310 and it should have many similarities. I'll answer what I can, but that may be limited. I'd also suggest following the owner's thread over at AVS Forums. They're a highly active community, but you typically have to read through alot of posts. Chances are, however, they've discussed your problem. Here's a link.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1274153[/quote]

Hi Audy I have a question about the assign mode, i am running a 5.2 which mode should i select? Normal, Zone 2

Sailor said:
Hi Audy I have a question about the assign mode, i am running a 5.2 which mode should i select? Normal, Zone 2

I think you're talking about the Amp Assign settings. In this case I think you want to use Normal.

AndySTL said:
Sailor said:

I think you're talking about the Amp Assign settings. In this case I think you want to use Normal.

another question; (1)i have a BD OPPO 83, if it is connected to my av receiver via HDMI would i also require a coaxial/optical output connectivity? (2) after running audessey, can i increase the gain on my subs? it seems a little low, if i use the gain would it screw the audessey setup?

thanks

Sailor said:
another question; (1)i have a BD OPPO 83, if it is connected to my av receiver via HDMI would i also require a coaxial/optical output connectivity? (2) after running audessey, can i increase the gain on my subs? it seems a little low, if i use the gain would it screw the audessey setup?

thanks

1. You should not need this, just make sure that your player is configured to output all audio formats via HDMI. I'm not familiar with Oppo units, but I think they can DSD SACD and DVD-A. If you use that, make sure it's configured to send to HDMI as opposed to analog outputs. Perhaps some other Oppo owners on here can explain further.

2. Sure, you can increase the gain on the sub after running Audyssey. The AVR won't notice that you've changed the gain on the sub unless you run Audyssey setup again, so it won't make any changes to your sub's level adjustment. As an alternative to turning up the gain on the sub, you can make on-the-fly individual speaker adjustments right on the AVR via the remote. On my 4310 if I press the Channel + button the OSD shows a menu to adjust each speaker. I do this sometimes if the bass is thin or I can't hear voices from my center channel. It keeps the adjustments stored, so any changes you make will stay that way until you change it back.

AndySTL said:
Sailor said:

thanks

1. You should not need this, just make sure that your player is configured to output all audio formats via HDMI. I'm not familiar with Oppo units, but I think they can DSD SACD and DVD-A. If you use that, make sure it's configured to send to HDMI as opposed to analog outputs. Perhaps some other Oppo owners on here can explain further.

2. Sure, you can increase the gain on the sub after running Audyssey. The AVR won't notice that you've changed the gain on the sub unless you run Audyssey setup again, so it won't make any changes to your sub's level adjustment. As an alternative to turning up the gain on the sub, you can make on-the-fly individual speaker adjustments right on the AVR via the remote. On my 4310 if I press the Channel + button the OSD shows a menu to adjust each speaker. I do this sometimes if the bass is thin or I can't hear voices from my center channel. It keeps the adjustments stored, so any changes you make will stay that way until you change it back.

yes i did notice the chanel + on the remote, but was afraid to mess up what Audyssey calculated, thanks for you useful advice. i played a music BD last and the sound is coming out pretty good from all the speakers, i am happy with the setup so far. cheers

Back