• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New TV

The LG thing for some reason leaves me a little uneasy. Check out the other 2 I listed.
Yeah, I'd probably lean towards the Sony for pretty much the same money. For the same money, you could get a slightly bigger Vizio tv, and I've been very happy with mine, but there are some horror stories over at AVS about Vizio tv's and a white line that shows up. I'm lucky that my tv doesn't seem to suffer from it.

Yeah, I'd probably lean towards the Sony for pretty much the same money. For the same money, you could get a slightly bigger Vizio tv, and I've been very happy with mine, but there are some horror stories over at AVS about Vizio tv's and a white line that shows up. I'm lucky that my tv doesn't seem to suffer from it.
Truth be told I really do need a 75" TV. I sit about 12.5 feet from the screen. Problem is it would overpower the wall it's on and greatly limit my speaker placement. Stereo sound is leaps and bounds more important to me the TV. Does suck though.

I have only had it for 2 months but have no problems with my LG, but it is an OLED not LED.

I've had LG and Vizio in my great room. The LG was an older plasma, and was decent. The scaler wasn't too good, but they've stepped things up since. The Vizio is a good set, my only complaint is the darker corners (which you don't really notice, but if you look sometimes, you can tell the backlighting isn't as good in the corners).

I'd have no issues getting any of them. But then, I've had some bad experiences dealing with Samsung in the past, so I tend not to view them as a premium quality product.

I have only had it for 2 months but have no problems with my LG, but it is an OLED not LED.
My son has 65 OLED not the $7K model. He spent about 2.5K. I think it is the C7. LG highly rated on CR and CNET.

Get the bigger TV and don't worry about placing the speakers in front of it. There is rarely anything interesting on the lower outside edges of the screen anyway, that's why they put chirons and station logos in that area. Really, there's no point in widescreen anyway.

Thanks gang.
We ended up going with the Sammy. So far not real crazy about having to use voice commands for simple things like changing inputs.
We are coming off 8 year old 42" 720p TV'S so this is a big change. We both find the level of detail to be distracting. All the actors skin and makeup look bad. Need more time to give an opinion on it.

The 75" was just so over the top big we couldn't do it. We were both laughing, I said the 75" was the equivalent putting 24" rims with spinners on a crown Vic. Way to much for the room it's in.

Does anyone else find it odd that this TV came with no real user manual. It has two sided quick start sheet, and a 6 page so called user manual. Keep in mind first 2 pages are warnings. Another 2 pages are are on how to run the 2 wires inside the built in wire channels to hide them.

A lot of electronics now come with the manual on CDs, I’ve also seen some TVs with tutorials built in. I guess they assume owners can goto the MFR site and download a manual.

Does anyone else find it odd that this TV came with no real user manual. It has two sided quick start sheet, and a 6 page so called user manual. Keep in mind first 2 pages are warnings. Another 2 pages are are on how to run the 2 wires inside the built in wire channels to hide them.

Nope
And it’s been a while since I’ve seen a CD packaged either. The good thing is that most of the manufacturers have made their manuals easy to find on their support sites.

I'm guessing technically the Sony was probably the best choice. Problem was I had 2 of them fail on me way back in the early 90's. Irrealivent today im sure but it's left a impression on me and I couldn't buy it. Plus the bezzelless screen on the Sammy looks stunning.

Back