• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Official Sim Racing Thread

Huh. That must be fairly recent. I don't think it was too many weeks ago I noticed it was available.
The CSL Elites are being phased out and as SKUs sell out they aren't being replaced.
The CSL (non Elite) is available and is supposed to have a load cell upgrade option that's "coming soon".. but that's been the case for a very long time.

Fanatec's BlackFtiday site shows presales for the Load Cell start November 26th. I haven't see the expected shipping dates.

Last edited:
I recently discovered the joys of racing under the lights.

FYI - the TV broadcast view switches to cockpit view at 1:12

At the risk of sounding stupid, I assume you drove that night race in the dark? Not just somehow changed the time in the game to do a night race? Did you sit in the dark for awhile to let your eyes adjust...you know...the whole cones and rods thing!!!

At the risk of sounding stupid, I assume you drove that night race in the dark? Not just somehow changed the time in the game to do a night race? Did you sit in the dark for awhile to let your eyes adjust...you know...the whole cones and rods thing!!!
It was nighttime - well, after dark anyway - but I have the Custom Shaders Patch that, amongst other lighting effects, allows me to set any time in a 24 hour period instead of just the 8:00am to 6:00pm Assetto Corsa offers. So if I want to run the street circuit in Monaco at 10:00pm local time or whip around the Green Hell at sunrise, I can.

It was nighttime - well, after dark anyway - but I have the Custom Shaders Patch that, amongst other lighting effects, allows me to set any time in a 24 hour period instead of just the 8:00am to 6:00pm Assetto Corsa offers. So if I want to run the street circuit in Monaco at 10:00pm local time or whip around the Green Hell at sunrise, I can.
What is this shaders patch? Educate me please on how to do this.

You can also download it directly from official site.

Got it ... thanks.
And thanks for being my personal tech support throughout this mis adventure.
Installing the Shader patch and Sol weather mod have taken this cool sim (apparently some people got upset if you call it a game) to another level. I'm enjoying it much more than I thought I would.

Do you get upset when I call it a game?

I don't.
I get the sense that you're forgetting that you and I are not the only people on the planet that do this. I'm a casual observer of a couple of Facebook sim racing groups and some people in those groups are rather sensitive to calling their hobby a game.

I'm a casual observer of a couple of Facebook sim racing groups and some people in those groups are rather sensitive to calling their hobby a game.
FYI - this was an acceptable answer to my first question.

Back