• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Official Sim Racing Thread

Y'all sure do seem to like night races now.

Again, that is some super sick gaming.

If I were gonna that would be up my alley.

Y'all sure do seem to like night races now.

Again, that is some super sick gaming.

If I were gonna that would be up my alley.

Personally I don't like the night driving. But that particular sever is set to mimic the actual time of day. Zing likes that track and there's and there's a decent amount of other people joining frequently to keep it interesting.

Last edited:
I'll also be sending you a gift certificate to the A1 Dent Guy of DE to cover the damage repair. But don't be surprised if it's 12 inches higher and has 30 inch mud tires on it when you get it back.
Pffft…..try 37+ Oh we’re not talking about Jeeps? ;)

I live outside of NYC. On one of the local radio stations I heard a commercial (and I've only heard it once).
I didn't catch the brand name, but it was...ridiculous and hilarious.
It was pushing a driving simulator that the pros use. The lower model started a $4000 and the high end model started around $40,000.
Commercial was "narrated" by a very posh sounding British man.

I wish I could have rewound that commercial to listen in its entirety. I switched to the station partway through and didn't know what I was listening to.
I heard "driving simulator", "the pros use", "$4000", "$40,000". I mean...wtf?
Weird commercial to put on the radio. Seems like that has a very low chance of hitting your target. But then again...Zing probably knew about it...or now Zing knows about it.
Enjoy the upgraditis to the $40,000 driving simulator (what the hell does that do that makes it $40k? Is it an actual cockpit from a wrecked race car?

I live outside of NYC. On one of the local radio stations I heard a commercial (and I've only heard it once).
I didn't catch the brand name, but it was...ridiculous and hilarious.
It was pushing a driving simulator that the pros use. The lower model started a $4000 and the high end model started around $40,000.
Commercial was "narrated" by a very posh sounding British man.

I wish I could have rewound that commercial to listen in its entirety. I switched to the station partway through and didn't know what I was listening to.
I heard "driving simulator", "the pros use", "$4000", "$40,000". I mean...wtf?
Weird commercial to put on the radio. Seems like that has a very low chance of hitting your target. But then again...Zing probably knew about it...or now Zing knows about it.
Enjoy the upgraditis to the $40,000 driving simulator (what the hell does that do that makes it $40k? Is it an actual cockpit from a wrecked race car?
Probably something like this guy. I suspect motion adds a lot of money.

Unsurprisingly, $40K isn't "that much". The company that made the rig in Mike's video sells this full sized, 1:1 scale bad boy for $105K.

Vesaro-Formula-V100-Stage-3-Detail.jpg

Unsurprisingly, $40K isn't "that much". The company that made the rig in Mike's video sells this full sized, 1:1 scale bad boy for $105K.

Vesaro-Formula-V100-Stage-3-Detail.jpg
It's like everything else it'd all relative.
I can't afford either one, but if I could, I would.

You know, for a thousand dollars or so, you can buy a real, used high-power motorcycle, with 360˚ field of view, true G-forces and not just a hydraulic tipping frame, a much more tippable platform (side-to-side, upwards, and if you're good, downwards!), real wind forces, rain, etc.
And best of all, to really increase the adrenalin, NO Reset button! :nyah:

You know, for a thousand dollars or so, you can buy a real, used high-power motorcycle, with 360˚ field of view, true G-forces and not just a hydraulic tipping frame, a much more tippable platform (side-to-side, upwards, and if you're good, downwards!), real wind forces, rain, etc.
And best of all, to really increase the adrenalin, NO Reset button! :nyah:
Been there. Done that. And more. All on a Honda 919. My chicken strips were so narrow, I bought knee sliders and used them.

They look fun as hell. If I wasn't already vested in an 80/20 rig I'd give these serious consideration.

Made a little upgrade to my simulation setup.

Triple screens for the racing setup and moved the TV I was using to my desk to be used for MS Flight Simulator and upgraded the controls.
The screens give me a much wider field of view and make for a much more immersive experience but I'm still much slower than Zing around the virtual track.

The HOTAS was just okay but didn't quite scratch the "simulation" itch when "flying" so I added a yoke, throttle quadrant, and rudder pedals. There's a mile of USB cabling involved but these made an immediate and huge difference to my flying performance ... which still needs a LOT of work.

85AB14D0-F676-4C9B-88C6-DF59F0951EA7.jpeg

4FB36721-9FE7-434C-B2B8-792631809C72.jpeg623E1E04-7941-4742-A280-FAAA2B34E492.jpeg

Last edited:

Triple screens for the racing setup and moved the TV I was using to my desk to be used for MS Flight Simulator and upgraded the controls.
The screens give me a much wider field of view and make for a much more immersive experience but I'm still much slower than Zing around the virtual track.

The HOTAS was just okay but didn't quite scratch the "simulation" itch when "flying" so I added a yoke, throttle quadrant, and rudder pedals. There's a mile of USB cabling involved but these made an immediate and huge difference to my flying performance ... which still needs a LOT of work.

View attachment 11735

View attachment 11733View attachment 11734

Sick sick sick

View attachment 11735

View attachment 11733View attachment 11734
MY GOD, THAT IS SO DESERVING OF A....YOU SUCK!!!

Another flight sim addition...
Resting the keyboard atop the yoke and throttle was inelegant. I stumbled on this cool bracket which makes using the keyboard while sim-flying much easier.

A8AA7EFD-7C20-4652-8DB3-DC3310707E2A.jpeg

Last edited:
My 50" Samsung QLED TV that I bought from Amazon and was using as a PC monitor developed an issue where the screen was starting to separate from the frame. Samsung initially offered an in-home repair but couldn't find an authorized service tech close enough to me so then they offered Samsung store credit in the amount of my full purchase price.

After using that TV for the past year primarily for sim racing, its 16:9 aspect was grating on me. Too much wasted space vertically and not near enough space horizontally. Since I'll have almost $1600 in Samsung credit, I figured I'd go with their new 49" Neo G9 Ultrawide curved monitor. There were just two problems: 1) Samsung hasn't issued my credit yet, and 2) the Neo G9 won't be in stock until July (maybe). Those problems wouldn't even be problems if Samsung hadn't already picked up my old TV. (Funny how they can't find a repair tech close enough but they'll send someone 4 hours away to pick it up).

So, I was without a display for my sim rig and Samsung can't seem to tell me how long it'll take to receive my credit. And what I'd use my credit on isn't going to be available for over a month. Screw it! I found it in stock at B&H so I jumped.

It's an awfully nice PC monitor. It's a pretty cool gaming monitor. And it's just friggin' epic as a sim racing display! Despite some knocks and some hiccups getting here, I'm in love with this thing.

52089361329_57e22f067c_h.jpg

Back