• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Ole Georgie Boy does it again.............

There is some serious talk over at AVS that the new SW Blurays have the DTS-Bomb issue with Onkyo recievers, even though this problem was thought to be cured years ago with a firmware update. They say "A New Hope" chapter 16 has it immediatly, but I never heard it when I played my Sony BDP-350 bit streamed to my 805, but alot of people at AVS are getting this problem with discs 1,3 and 4.

Link: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1361861

I watched Episode 4 this afternoon. I was so blown away by the tack-sharp stars that I didn't notice any audio issues on my Onkyo pre.

Just got mine today, but haven't watched yet... will keep an ear/eye out for bombs and stars. :laughing:

Picked mine up at the used media store for $72 yesterday.

Haven't had a chance to watch any yet.

Finally got around to seeing "Empire Strikes Back" and once again the audio was just fantastic some real improvements to the surround and bass departments. Glad to see that George finally took care of getting rid of the stage hands arm when the Wumpah (ice creature) strikes Luke. (in all earlier versions you saw this orange sleeve attached to the fake arm in the left side of the screen. Was also nice to see that the black matting issues once again have been taken care off. I was not a fan of the new "Ambassador" scene where Vader discusses his plans for Skywalker and George used new dialogue and the actor from the ep 1-3 to play the Ambassador. There were once again a few new extended scenes but nothing that enhanced any key points.

On a personal note it has been a long time since I saw this and never saw why this one was the most popular with fans. I always thought it too dark and disturbing, but now as an adult who goes into more depth with films, I can now see the brilliance of this film and how the director wanted to take this to a darker level and really enjoyed just watching this one.

Up next "Return of the Jedi" which to me always sucked. Let's put it this way, I bought one of the Star Wars games only for the fact that you could kill those annoying ewoks playing a storm tropper. Hell yeah. From what I read George allowed the Ewoks to finally blink in this bluray version, so it adds to the creepiness factor.

6195464.jpg

Watched A New Hope with my kids today - they loved it, was fun to indirectly experience this for the first time through them. There were definitely a few scenes in this that I don't remember from way-back-when, mostly involving various creatures being ridden or herded around the desert or Mos Eisley. And I don't remember there being a conversation between a mobile Jabba and Han Solo... guess those things are the "extended" version that was talked about a few years ago? Anyway it was fun to watch this again, probably for the first time in at least 10 years.

Also picked up the Lego Star Wars saga for the PS3, daughter enjoys that almost as much, and my younger one asked where the legos were in the regular movie. :laughing:

Back