• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Oppo BDP-93 Pre-release Purchase Opportunity

Batman

Staff member
Famous
"Dear Batman,

Thank you for signing up to receive information about our upcoming OPPO BDP-93 Blu-ray Disc Player. We appreciate your interest and would like to offer you the opportunity to purchase it before we officially release it to the general public.

Based and expanded upon our award-winning BDP-83 Blu-ray player, the BDP-93 adds 3D Blu-ray support, internet streaming (Netflix, Blockbuster), dual-HDMI outputs, eSATA, and a new video processor with enhanced noise reduction. In order to give OPPO customers the best possible video and audio experience, we continue to work diligently on developing the new BDP-93 player. For more product information, visit:

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-93/

As we ready the BDP-93 for public release, there is still some work left to be done. The firmware that will be installed on your BDP-93 is a pre-release version - further refinement, tweaking, and bug fixing are still in development. You can also expect additional features, which includes streaming services from various providers, to be added throughout the player's lifecycle. The firmware can be upgraded via the internet, USB, or CD. When you receive your BDP-93, please send any feedback and comments directly to BDP-93@oppodigital.com - your input can help shape the BDP-93's firmware further.

The retail price for the BDP-93 is $499. The following is a special link for you to place an early order for the BDP-93. We are only offering a limited number of players to be sold for this exclusive pre-release, so please do not share this unique link with anyone else. This link will be available for five days or while supplies last. Limit 1 per customer.

To ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase, your BDP-93's return period will be extended to 30-days after the BDP-93 is officially released to the general public.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

OPPO Digital, Inc
2629 Terminal Blvd. Suite B
Mountain View, CA 94043
Tel: 650-961-1118
Fax: 650-961-1119
http://www.oppodigital.com"

Needless to say, I pre-ordered it... :handgestures-thumbup:

BDP-93.jpg

I could make a case that I "need" another player. Any idea on how long the player will be in Beta?

Nope, that's the only info I received. I didn't get in on the 83 bandwagon. But my Onkyo is painfully slow and it hasn't had a single firmware update released...I hadn't really been following the rumor mill on the 93 other than I knew it'd be 3D capable. I signed up to receive updates about 3 weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised to have the chance to purchase it so quickly. I thought it'd be a bit closer to Xmas...

There probably doing the beta now so they can open up sales to everyone before the holiday.

Love my 83 and no interest in 3D so I'll sit tight.

I'm considering it too, but will probably have to wait for tax return season or something... can't justify $500 right now.

My plan is to hold out for the 93SE (need analog outs), then move my Sony S550 to the basement theater to replace the ultra cheap Panny down there.

D

I received a tracking number for this player tonight, although there is no ETA YET...I'll keep you guys posted.

Updated tracking info says it'll be here next Tuesday the 30th... :eusa-whistle:

Doghart said:
My plan is to hold out for the 93SE (need analog outs), then move my Sony S550 to the basement theater to replace the ultra cheap Panny down there.

D
There won't be a "BDP-93SE" - but the BDP-95 will fill the same niche (upgrade to ESS DAC's, dedicated stereo analog output, plus a balanced stereo analog output) when it arrives soon. I'm not sure when, but it sounds like the BDP-95 will be released right behind the BDP-93's final launch.

Barring any catastrophic events, I should receive this player tomorrow...I'm eagerly awaiting the chance to see what it can do.

Oh yeah and subs for Wednesday. :banana-rock:

Its not even Christmas yet...........can't wait to read what Santa brought you...

e5cdca86.jpg

ca9ec4a2.jpg

7e9046e6.jpg

I haven't done anything with it yet except for unpack it so I can't speak to it's performance. But I am pleasantly surprised with the build quality, heft, fit and finish etc...If I can't get it into place tomorrow night it'll have to wait until the weekend because I am going to the Eagles/Texans game Thursday night...

Batman said:
e5cdca86.jpg

ca9ec4a2.jpg

7e9046e6.jpg

I haven't done anything with it yet except for unpack it so I can't speak to it's performance. But I am pleasantly surprised with the build quality, heft, fit and finish etc...If I can't get it into place tomorrow night it'll have to wait until the weekend because I am going to the Eagles/Texans game Thursday night...

Don't you love the way Oppo packages their goodies, not to mention, when you lift the mechandise from the box there's something really there. And if that's not sweet enough, wait till you connect and power it up!

Rope

It's been 6 days now since you received the 93. Have you connected and powered it up? Any variations of which components get scaling duties?

C'mon, I'm nervous as a whore in church and twice as excited.

Rope

And I wanna know if it plays DVD-A's properly; the -83 does not.

Rope I did finally get it integrated into the rack two nights ago but I haven't done much with it so far. I have watched one BD (In Bruges) with the wife last night but other than set it up to bitstream to the 5507 I haven't done a whole lot in terms of determining which scalers do the best job...I'll hopefully have more time this weekend, it's just been tough lately with the holidays coming up, it seems like there's always something more important to do... :|

Back