• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

OPPO Owners?

heeman

PRETTY HAPPY.........
Famous
Okay, so how many of us on this Infamous Audio Annex own or have owned an OPPO Blu Ray Player?

Is the price/performance really worth it?

I could be getting very close to purchasing a 103D.

Looking for feedback.....................

I have never owned one, but have heard nothing but good things about them. If that's the model that comes with the Darbee built in, you'll love the Darbee feature on it.

Yeah I agree, build quality, features and performance are all excellent. Make no mistake you pay for it, but the price is worth it.

A friend from the AVS forum borrowed my Oppo 103 last weekend because he thought his colors were jacked up when using an HTPC. He thought the Oppo looked much better and he's now planning on getting one.

:text-+1: for Oppo. I'm currently using my second Oppo player. My next player will also be an Oppo.

heeman said:
The $100 for the Darbee is a no brainer......
Perhaps, but...

My understanding is that the Darbee "process" works great for any source, and unless someone is planning to route all of those other sources through the Oppo, then maybe it would be better to not buy that option, but instead put the $100 towards the purchase of a stand-alone Darbee unit and insert it in the chain just before the display.

N'est-ce pas?

Jeff

Mr. Mackwood,

I re-read your response and realized you already know that the 103D has inputs.

My sincere apologies.............

Attachments

• Homer-Simpson-Doh.jpg
    Homer-Simpson-Doh.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,083
Love my Oppo BDP-80 thats getting old. But Oppo doesn't forget...got a firmware update not long ago. When my boomboom room is up and running, it will be in the system.

JeffMackwood said:
heeman said:
The $100 for the Darbee is a no brainer......
Perhaps, but...

My understanding is that the Darbee "process" works great for any source, and unless someone is planning to route all of those other sources through the Oppo, then maybe it would be better to not buy that option, but instead put the $100 towards the purchase of a stand-alone Darbee unit and insert it in the chain just before the display.

N'est-ce pas?

Jeff

I agree. I have a stand-alone Darbee and really like it. It is nice to have the flexibility to just run your AVR HDMI out through the thing on the way to the TV rather than have it built into one source. This is especially true as discs are going to become much less important over time and the Darbee can do nice things to compensate for streaming compression if you are using a high quality source like Vudu.

I've owned an 83 since 07-11-2009. When watching BD, I always run video signal through (no scaling) Onkyo pre-pro and let the Oppo do the heavy lifting. Oppo Rawks!

Rope

I bought one of the pre release 83 back in the day and loved it. Gave it to my daughter when I got the 103. The 103 is fantastic with both my TV and projector.

heeman said:
Mr. Mackwood,

I re-read your response and realized you already know that the 103D has inputs.

My sincere apologies.............
None required. I'll still drink, and watch any non Joe Banana concert videos, with you at the GTG.

:)

Jeff

Only glowing reviews from several owners. Looks like you're on the hook now.

My only question is with regard to wether getting the D model or saving $100 and buying a stand alone Darblet for $200 is a worthwhile exercise. Your HT, like mine, doesn't use a bunch of sources. Why mess around with having to wire/power and use a separate remote for the Darblet?

Towen7 said:
Only glowing reviews from several owners. Looks like you're on the hook now.

My only question is with regard to wether getting the D model or saving $100 and buying a stand alone Darblet for $200 is a worthwhile exercise. Your HT, like mine, doesn't use a bunch of sources. Why mess around with having to wire/power and use a separate remote for the Darblet?

The Darbee is a set it and forget it type of product. If you have a receiver with hdmi switching, just plug the darbee right before it goes to the tv, and all of your sources will benefit from it. Probably the simplest upgrade out there, other than the $200 cost.

Back