• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

OPPO Owners?

yromj said:
Jeff, yeah that's where the "creative" part comes in. For example, to get 4k from a BD player to my projector w/o upgrading my pre/pro I would need two HDMI switches. 1 w/ 1 input and 2 outputs for the blu-ray (1 for video to the the projector, 1 for audio to the pre/pro). The other would be two inputs for the blu-ray player and the pre/pro and 1 output to the projector.

I thought I may be able to do it with a single switch w/ 2 inputs (BD player, output from pre/pro) and 2 outputs (projector, blu-ray source to pre/pro). But when watching a blu-ray, both intputs would have to be active to get both audio and video from the player and both outputs would have to be active to send the image to the projector and the audio to the pre/pro. This would result in two video sources trying to feed the projector.

This all because I don't have an easy way to get another HDMI cable to my projector.

John
So... still in creative mode...

How about this.

I don't currently use it, but I also have a "3 x 1 HDMI Pigtail Switch." Three HDMI inputs and one input. So connect your sources to it. Source selection is done on the device (a button allows you to cycle through the three inputs.)

Then take its output and use the 1 x 2 HDMI splitter referenced above to send the same (both active at the same time) HDMI signal to both the projector and the pre/pro - both of which can be left with the same HDMI input selected for all three devices connected to the pigtail.

Jeff

I assume the advantage to what you're proposing is cost. However, I wonder if the pigtail is remote controlled.

Still, we're both proposing solutions that require multiple HDMI "splitters" for this to work, which is my original point: The upgrade path is clumsy unless the pre/pro is upgraded with the projector.

John

Except that the total cost of the splitters is $50-70.

Jeff

Back