• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Power Sound Audio

Rope

Famous
Power Sound Audio Subwoofers.
:text-link:
These look like a great lineup of 15" Subs. Anyone interested in a SVS 25-31 PC Plus with upgraded 12.3 driver?

Rope

Sure thing. I have $10 left from the purchase of my home. It is all yours. Now send me your sub.

WHOO-HOO!!!! THIS IS THE RETURN OF TRUE 0 - 180 degree PHASE ADJUSTMENT IN SUBWOOFER CROSSOVERS!!!!

I am impressed - this is exactly what made certain other companies worth the effort. My newest top recommendation is Power Sound Audio.

Are we going to start calling them PSA?

No shit Rope. I have a 25-31pci with the upgraded driver. I'm thinking the PJ I want may be on hold......

Flint said:
WHOO-HOO!!!! THIS IS THE RETURN OF TRUE 0 - 180 degree PHASE ADJUSTMENT IN SUBWOOFER CROSSOVERS!!!!

I am impressed - this is exactly what made certain other companies worth the effort. My newest top recommendation is Power Sound Audio.

Y'know, I still can't tell when Flint's being sarcastic. :think:

PaulyT said:
Flint said:

I took it as praise.

And I like the term PSA for the new company. Hope this company grows. I like how Tom V is still using US vendors for his products.

Best of luck Tom. :handgestures-thumbup:

That was praise.

You have idea how often I help a friend out by calibrating their HT gear only to find that the null or peak at the sub's crossover point cannot be fixed because there isn't a continuously variable phase control on the sub or receiver crossover. I know it is hard to teach users what to do with a dial when a flip switch seems easier, but it matters to the sound.

I have been communicating with Jim Farina and just got an email from him about PSA.

As I am only about 80 miles away I am going to see if I can go and demo some subs. It is about time I replace the 20-39 PC Plus I bought from Huey some years ago.

Orbison said:
Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "PSA test"
Since I just failed my last one, and had to get "the finger" (false alarm, so far) I was hoping we could find a different acronym... :?

PaulyT said:
Flint said:

Me neither , however let's make a "Power Sound Audio Thread".....even though it was done hours prior to his post....JEEZ!!

Relax Flint...............only screwing with you, I hope that you have all you paperwork staighened out and enjoy your trip to HK and China.........

Wonder if Tom would send one *or two cough cough* of the big ones out to the GTG, many of us can sing it's praises if it truly performs... :eusa-whistle: Maybe even someone would buy it *them cough cough* :eusa-whistle: Just sayin' :eusa-whistle:

Glad Tom is "back-at-it".......just remember...it was me & then Bob R that started the SVS thing at the old home....back when Tom only made tube subs.....testing in his back yard with his wonderful dog laying at his feet. I also remeber that Tom & Ron were werewolf hunters at one time... :scared-eek:
I had heard Tom V say that soon he would be taking orders......
Mz, how do you know Jim Farina ? He started out as an assembler @ SVS while going to College...
From my understanding...Tom plans on everything to be Made in USA.....love the guy....

Hey Matt....just buy 1 XV30....2 15" drivers.....
Looks like I need to start saving up.........for another sub designed by Tom V.....still keep my tube sub (we go way back & low)...

Barney said:
Glad Tom is "back-at-it".......just remember...it was me & then Bob R that started the SVS thing at the old home....back when Tom only made tube subs.....testing in his back yard with his wonderful dog laying at his feet. I also remeber that Tom & Ron were werewolf hunters at one time... :scared-eek:
I had heard Tom V say that soon he would be taking orders......
Mz, how do you know Jim Farina ? He started out as an assembler @ SVS while going to College...
From my understanding...Tom plans on everything to be Made in USA.....love the guy....

Hey Matt....just buy 1 XV30....2 15" drivers.....
Looks like I need to start saving up.........for another sub designed by Tom V.....still keep my tube sub (we go way back & low)...

When I bought my SVS M*S speaker system I just drove and picked them up. I'm not sure where SVS is now but at that time it was pretty much where PSA is now.

I met a bunch of the guys there and Jim has kept me informed about what is going on.

So I read "loudspeaker" and "subwoofers". Does that mean we'll be seeing some non-subs sometime soon?

Hi all, thanks for the comments/interest in Power Sound. Just a note on the possibility of sending a unit to a GTG---we would at some point but production won't begin for another 2-4 weeks. Once we got pre-orders all caught up it might be 4-6 weeks before we could send something.

RE---phase control. Ideally, every receiver/pre-pro would have time delay for the sub(s). In the real world...it ain't so. So we paid the extra for the fully continuous control.

RE---loudspeakers. At some point, yes. But we won't rush development. We'll make announcements when things are reasonably close...maybe when all inventory is on the way and shipping will begin in 30-45 days for example. (we aren't close to that right now btw)

Thanks again for the interest guys, seeing rope,barney,yes,mzpro,flint,..man its like soundvision in 2005?

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Tom V. said:
RE---phase control. Ideally, every receiver/pre-pro would have time delay for the sub(s). In the real world...it ain't so. So we paid the extra for the fully continuous control.

What's the best approach if my sub has a continuous phase control and my receiver has time delay settings? i.e. if I do the receiver settings, what do I set the sub phase to?

Orb -

If you have the AVIA home theater setup disc, go to the sub section. If possible, have two people avialable, one to turn the phase knob, and one listening to the low frequency test tone. It takes a bit of trial and error/learning what to listen for, but well worth the time and effort.

Rope

Back