• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Prometheus

Huey said:
I think the version of Aliens that we have come to know, the movie was trying to say that we are the parents, kind of, of the creatures.
Huey said:
Maybe I missed it, but I don't think they ever showed the same style of Alien prior to the end of the movie. The squid looking thing that she gave birth to was a combination of alien DNA and human dna, so the creature was in fact part of the human race.
I see what you are saying. That's if this movie was supposed to be a direct prequel but it's not. It takes place on a different planet. I've read it somewhere that the timeline is about the same as original Alien story taking place.

DIYer said:
Huey said:
I think the version of Aliens that we have come to know, the movie was trying to say that we are the parents, kind of, of the creatures.
Huey said:
Maybe I missed it, but I don't think they ever showed the same style of Alien prior to the end of the movie. The squid looking thing that she gave birth to was a combination of alien DNA and human dna, so the creature was in fact part of the human race.
I see what you are saying. That's if this movie was supposed to be a direct prequel but it's not. It takes place on a different planet. I've read it somewhere that the timeline is about the same as original Alien story taking place.

I understand that it is not a direct prequel, but the events do take place almost 30 years apart. :text-link:

Huey said:
to me at least, the engineer looked like he had been dead for at least a little while
That's how I saw it too.
On the other hand, the creature she gave birth to, which from conception to birth was only hours, grew to an enormous size very quickly. So there's that as well.
It's a stretch but it's an extraterrestrial being. It doesn't have to conform to the earth's biology. Some diehard geek site of Alien franchise, there was a mention of these creatures absorbing the surround electrical energy field in the air to grow.

DIYer said:
Huey said:
to me at least, the engineer looked like he had been dead for at least a little while
That's how I saw it too.
On the other hand, the creature she gave birth to, which from conception to birth was only hours, grew to an enormous size very quickly. So there's that as well.
It's a stretch but it's an extraterrestrial being. It doesn't have to conform to the earth's biology. Some diehard geek site of Alien franchise, there was a mention of these creatures absorbing the surround electrical energy field in the air to grow.

Agreed, that's the way I took it, that they are very aggressive in life, growing fast and eliminating all threats to be the dominant life force.

Huey said:
Perhaps this may clarify things.

64a6b_prometheus_infographic.jpg

Huey said:
Agreed, that's the way I took it, that they are very aggressive in life, growing fast and eliminating all threats to be the dominant life force.
The part where the ship's captain says, "weapons of mass destruction", hints that these are engineered as some kind of bio weapon to be used against... (spoiler block).

DIYer said:
Huey said:
Perhaps this may clarify things.

64a6b_prometheus_infographic.jpg

DIYer,

whos the first part of the first row of pictures, the engineers?

and the result of the second picture?

sorry, im trying to follow it, despite you drawing a picture for me...

pardon my ignorance.

Back