• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Prometheus

Just watched the movie. At the end of the movie, what I think is a super-alien breaks it's way out of the super-human. Then I remembered one of the two service type guys spotting other skeletons where the same thing had happened. So the super-humans have a super-alien problem. As soon as the Prometheus' crew starts messing around, life starts up again and mayhem ensues. Here's what I think. The life cycle of the super-alien involves both humans and super-humans. Like parasites here on Earth, break the life cycle anywhere along the chain, and you control the parasite. I think the super-humans started out with benign intentions creating humans, but maybe they already took back some humans in the past, and the super-alien life cycle suddenly kicked in at some point in time from worm -> human infection -> birthed hybrid human/crab -> mongo crab -> super-human engulfment -> super alien. Kill all humans, permanently break the cycle to save themselves.

Out of all the theories about this movie and all the deep thoughts about God, creationism, Scientology and the just enjoy the movie factor ScubaBob gets my award for most thought provoking in depth evaluation of a scene ever. :text-bravo:

scubabob said:
I think the super-humans started out with benign intentions creating humans, but maybe they already took back some humans in the past, and the super-alien life cycle suddenly kicked in at some point in time from worm -> human infection -> birthed hybrid human/crab -> mongo crab -> super-human engulfment -> super alien. Kill all humans, permanently break the cycle to save themselves.
Haven't heard that idea but can be looked into. But the inclusion of (spoiler)
Christmas tree and "2000 year old" corpse suggests something else as the possible reason to wipe out human.

Who would have thought that the prequel to Alien would be so thought provoking?

But it is!

Ok, I finally saw this over the weekend.
I can see where it could start all of these deep discussions as to the deeper meaning, however, I like mzpro's assessment. Don't over think it, just enjoy the fine scifi movie. I also find scubabob's explanation very convincing.
The movie OVERALL was pretty well done and well made.
Here's my main beef: Prometheus was a scientific research vessel that was supposed to have some of the best scientists form all the different fields of research. AND YET ALL OF THEM SEEMED TO BE THE MOST RECKLESS, UNDISCIPLINED, LOOK-BEFORE-YOU-LEAP, FOOLHARDY PEOPLE!!!! To me this was an annoying plot hole through the entire movie. It really took away from me taking it seriously and kinda made me think that EVERYONE deserved to die so as not to spread the stupid.

No-L said:
Ok, I finally saw this over the weekend.
I can see where it could start all of these deep discussions as to the deeper meaning, however, I like mzpro's assessment. Don't over think it, just enjoy the fine scifi movie. I also find scubabob's explanation very convincing.
The movie OVERALL was pretty well done and well made.
Here's my main beef: Prometheus was a scientific research vessel that was supposed to have some of the best scientists form all the different fields of research. AND YET ALL OF THEM SEEMED TO BE THE MOST RECKLESS, UNDISCIPLINED, LOOK-BEFORE-YOU-LEAP, FOOLHARDY PEOPLE!!!! To me this was an annoying plot hole through the entire movie. It really took away from me taking it seriously and kinda made me think that EVERYONE deserved to die so as not to spread the stupid.
Meh, Looks to me like you're over-thinking it... :teasing-neener:

No-L said:
Here's my main beef: Prometheus was a scientific research vessel that was supposed to have some of the best scientists form all the different fields of research. AND YET ALL OF THEM SEEMED TO BE THE MOST RECKLESS, UNDISCIPLINED, LOOK-BEFORE-YOU-LEAP, FOOLHARDY PEOPLE!!!!
Uh... well... it didn't quite show in the movie that they are some of the best scientists. They were scientists. Could have been bottom of the barrel, run-o-the-mill or elite group. Or mix of all three.

Finally watched Prometheus this past weekend, and I can understand why there are so many questions about it. I think the version of Aliens that we have come to know, the movie was trying to say that we are the parents, kind of, of the creatures. I don't think it was the same creature that was killing the super humans. I'm looking forward to the sequel if there is one.

Maybe I missed it, but I don't think they ever showed the same style of Alien prior to the end of the movie. The squid looking thing that she gave birth to was a combination of alien DNA and human dna, so the creature was in fact part of the human race.

One of the things (among many) that bothered me was the ridiculous accelerated rate in which the aliens gestated and then were birthed....the last one came out in a matter of seconds after the squiddy mounted the engineer. Not consistent at all with the original movies. Of course this is their first encounter with humans but still a little bit silly amongst a whole host of other inconsistencies.

I didn't take it that it was immediate, the engineer looked like he had been dead for awhile.

Huey said:
I didn't take it that it was immediate, the engineer looked like he had been dead for awhile.
I deleted my last post because I wasn't sure my interpretation was accurate....but definitely the way the movie was edited it was as if the alien was born rather quickly.

Batman said:
Huey said:
I deleted my last post because I wasn't sure my interpretation was accurate....but definitely the way the movie was edited it was as if the alien was born rather quickly.

I'm with you Chris and was thinking the same thing while watching the movie, but then, to me at least, the engineer looked like he had been dead for at least a little while, and I figured it would have taken some time to get and prep the other ship.

On the other hand, the creature she gave birth to, which from conception to birth was only hours, grew to an enormous size very quickly. So there's that as well.

Back