• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Pulled the trigger! Yamaha RX-V867 for $479.99 from New Egg

Re: Pulled the trigger! Yamaha RX-V867 for $479.99 from New

Thanks, next question, my direct dvr is composite, if i go dvr to receiver via composite, then receiver to tv via component will there be any upscaling or picture improvement?

There will be upscaling but how much it improves the picture will be hard to quantify. There will be some improvement but there is only so much that can be done with a composite signal.

I've been tweaking the streaming music options and like others have mentioned on this thread, it's a mess. My music folders appear but you have to hunt and peck the folders. Not every folder is exactly the same. Some files missing but can be found in another folder. Like the well-worn cliche, its like searching for a needle in a haystack and not knowing the haystack's location.
Another weird thing. I can display and play FLAC files through the 867. Now for the strange part. My downloaded FLAC files (live recordings mostly) will play but will not display song titles or artist information. However, If I import them into Media Monkey and fill in the information (song title, artist, date), those files are displayed as PCM on the receiver's screen.
Also, if I rip vinyl to WAV files, then convert to FLAC, then import to Media Monkey, the audio decoder displayed is PCM. I also fill in the artist information and put the tracks in order. When I click on the onscreen folder, however, the tracks are jumbled.
Can be frustrating. It's like trying to clean out my attic and garage! :text-bump:

Back