• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Receiver/BD Player not getting along

Maximo

I bought a refurb Denon 2310ci from accessories for less. I have an LG BD550 and also have a matching 550 series lg plasma.

Anyway, my BD Player will not display properly or at all through the Denon unless it is set to 24 fps. Any ideas?

Perhaps, go into "HDMI" settings for all 3 devices and set to "auto"?

Towen7 said:
Leave it at 24fps?

I can but it gives it that soap opera look. However, it has since been decided that this will be my secondary system so I don't know how critical it is.

I think I tried the CEC stuff.

But I will work on that and also try the auto for everything. Unfortunately the BD player doesn't have auto. It has 24 and 60 hz and hdmi setting for rgb and ycrb (whatever you know what I mean).

Another option is to put my HTPC on this setup and move the extender and BD player to the main HT.

One of these days I will have an entire weekend to devote to just my toys.

Started an email chain with suport. He may be right but I think he is full of it. Please review and let me know your oppinion. I trust you guys way more than him.

The linksys media extender is 1080p as well. Both units hooked directly to the 40ft cable work fine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: scottdrohlf@msn.com
Subject: RE: Order #MAS146640
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 01:47:15 +0000

Hi Scott

When you directly connect something to the TV, the device (Bluray) will automatically adjust its settings to match what’s compatible with the TV. What happens is you now are running from the Bluray to the receiver, thus anything that is set and not compatible with your TV won’t automatically readjust, as the handshaking now is between the Bluray and the Receiver.

The other HUGE issue is you are running a 40ft HDMI cable. This is very hard to do properly, unless you are amplifying the signals. One sure fire way to tell if the issue is the receiver (well I have a few). Just run a short HDMI cable from the receiver’s output to the another TV that’s very close (like less than 6ft). If the issue is gone, it’s the cable.

You can will also notice Bluray is the only 1080p source, which is the hardest to push down a cable that long, thus it’s most prone to fail making it all the way to the TV.

Regards

Mark Sabbarese

Accessories4less.com

M-F 7:30am to 4pm EST

407-859-3335

800-657-0195

Direct 407-409-8023

Sent: Monday, October 01, 2012 9:39 PM
To: support

the bluray player and media player are fully compatable with the tv, they have been for over a year. The receiver is new to the chain. However, was are in a new location and using a 40 foot hdmi cable.

I will try new inputs tomorrow. But this thing has been giving me fits since I got it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: scottdrohlf@msn.com
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 01:17:32 +0000

Hi Scott

If you put a cable box on the DVD/Bluray input of the receiver, does the problem go away? Some TV’s don’t accept all settings on a Bluray player, like 24fps or Deep color may not be compatible with your TV, thus issues occur. Do the audio drops only occur on Bluray?

How long is the HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV? What brand of cables are you using?

Thank you

Mark Sabbarese

Accessories4less.com

M-F 7:30am to 4pm EST

407-859-3335

800-657-0195

Direct 407-409-8023

Sent: Monday, October 01, 2012 8:57 PM
To: support
Subject: Order #MAS146640

I ordered a Denon AVR-2310ci from your company and I have had nothhing but problems with it. I know what I am doing I have had MANY receivers before this one so it is not user errorr. There is something clearly wrong with the HDMI switching on this receiver. It will not let my bluray disc play (LG BD-550) put out a display unless it is in 24hz mode. And then when I try to play a DVD in it, it will not correctly display. Also, it is constantly dropping the audio. right now I am TRYING to watch tv thourhg my media extender and it will not pick up the sound. How do I go about getting rid of this bad unit?

Sincerely

Scott Rohlf

Have you tried a shorter cable from receiver to TV? The longest HDMI cables I user are 12 feet but I've had no problems. I have however heard others warn about HDMI cable length. He may be on to something there. It's possible that the HDMI switching output is not quite as strong as the BDP and cable box.

I will switch out the Denon for my old onkyo (which does not have HDMI switching) and I will hook everythign up in the onus room and see what happens. Which is ideal because with the addition of the a new Xbox 360, I will be able to access my HTPC and netflix, etc... in one box and eliminate the need for HDMI Switching.

I've run 35' BJC HDMI cables in my old house and am currently running a 30' cheapo-monoprice cable. The difference is that I was running them between my pre and the TV.

No issues.

All my sources were connected to my Onkyo PR-SC885 with 3-6 foot cables and the 886 was connected to the display with the longer cable.

Ok, Well I put the Denopn upstairs. Have not yet moved the BD p[layer but I csan say this. I will npot buy another denon reciver again. This thing is so hard to setup it is ridiculous. Why oh why didn't I just get another onkyo!

Yeah... You'll need a booster or a better cable. I've also seen HDMI matrix switches with built in amplifiers. I've uses the $99 MonoPrice one with good success.

Well, it does not look like I will need it now. I ordered an xbox 360. So downstairs will by an xbox 360 and my non-hdmi onkyo 702. This will give me access to OTA tv via media center, netflix and whatever else I can get off of there.

Upstiars will be the wii, HTPC, BD PLayer and whatever else hooked to the denon which will likely be hooked up to a 100 inch projection system soon. Right now it is hooked up to a 32 inch samsung LCD and a mishmosh of leftover speakers.

Maximo said:
Ok, so long story short, it looks like I need to replace the cable for my downstairs setup.

Do you guys know if this cable is appropriate for running that length?
http://www.monoprice.com/products/produ ... largeimage

If not, what then?

Edit: What about this?
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a- ... ers/1.html

I would think either one would work. I'll be using a 75' HDMI cable with Signal Booster once my basement is finished. I verified that it worked before running it through the ceiling. I was planning on getting a Monoprice cable with RedMere technology like the one you posted but the length I needed was on back-order.

Back