• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

ROCK Music

81fKKzcopQL._SY355_.jpg

The Missing Peace is the eleventh studio album by American rock band L.A. Guns.
Released on October 13, 2017 through Frontiers Records,[1] it can be considered a reunion recording, as it is the first album of new material featuring both singer Phil Lewis and guitarist Tracii Guns in 15 years.

I haven't been in awhile to Frankenmuth, but the two restaurants used to be owned separately, and at that time both were pretty good. One of them got in trouble for reusing leftovers off of peoples plates. I'm sure you made it to Bronner's as well, which is Christmas overload but a very cool store at any time of the year.
Exsqueeze me? Say what now? Is this for real Huey? Wow, you have to have large cojones to try something like that!!

Exsqueeze me? Say what now? Is this for real Huey? Wow, you have to have large cojones to try something like that!!
Yes, that is a true story. There are two very established eateries in town, both with large banquet halls ornated in Bavarian decor, and one of them got caught reusing dinner rolls, chicken, etc that hadn't been touched. It's been awhile since I've eaten at either place, but if I remember correctly they serve dinner family style, so I dont think it had been on anybodies plate, but just on the table. Still a no no, though.

I know, I know... "prog rock sucks"... okay, got that out of the way.

There's an interesting new group of former Spock's Beard members who formed a band and released an album which is very well crafted. Pattern-Seeking Animals, a name I assume refers to the human instinct to unconsciously search for patterns which has led to our use of language, love of music, and desire to hear, read or watch stories.

The music is good, the performances are perfect, and the production among the best. For me, however, they are too precious about the lyrics which I find distracting and a bit too simplistic for my tastes.

Worth a listen if you like their lyrics.

Darkness on the Edge of Town is my FAVORITE Springsteen album. Promised Land...enough said!!!!

We went to see The Struts a couple weeks ago on their Strange Days are Over Tour. This was the second time we've seen them and they are fantastic live. If this were 20-30 years ago, they would be playing arenas. If you haven't heard their latest album, Strange Days, give it a listen. It was written and recorded during the lockdown phase of the pandemic when they got stuck in the UK and were unable to return home to Los Angeles. The album has a more somber and thoughtful feel than the preceding Young and Dangerous and shows they have a bit more depth than credited for. These guys are easily my favorite current band.

I remember this album cover from Jr High, couldn't have named a song, nor the band, until now.
Rare Earth.
Professor of Rock interviews the drummer/lead singer here, with some great footage of Cal Jam. Interesting way to set up for the next band, too! Will be ordering their GH, and get "caught up"....

EDIT: While ordering the GH on Amazon, I also picked up some powerful magnets. :mocking:

Last edited:
Live version of Frankenstein I hadn't seen before, w/Greg Bissonette and Derringer.

:cool:

Live version of Frankenstein I hadn't seen before, w/Greg Bissonette and Derringer.

:cool:
Nice.
Hey Botch, have you looked at Rick Beato's channel lately? He does an interview with Greg Bissonette. Very entertaining.

Haven't seen that one yet; I usually watch his videos when they come up.

Eddie, slightly-pre "eruption":

You can see the ideas that he later perfected in this monster solo, and even see a prelude of his final guitar paint finish. Even though I'm mostly into other forms of music, I really really wish I could've attended this performance, back then!

Last edited:
Eddie, slightly-pre "eruption":

You can see the ideas that he later perfected in this monster solo, and even see a prelude of his final guitar paint finish. Even though I'm mostly into other forms of music, I really really wish I could've attended this performance, back then!

I guess. I mean I suppose I can see his talent, technically, as a guitarist. But, and I am TOTALLY biased in this regard, I don't see that there's any real musical direction in this. It's just showoff stuff to impress the masses. It's not any sort of musical revelation.

Totally just my $0.02.

Back