• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

ROCK Music

Botch said:
Fossil Rock:

Bob Seger is going on tour next year, in support of his new album. I was surprised to read his last album came out in 2007 (huh?!), I thought he'd disappeared from sight very soon after I graduated from college. Always wondered what happened to him.

Fleetwood Mac is also touring next year, no new album but Christine McVie has come out of retirement (she's 71!! :shock: ), so they're doing a "Greatest Hits" type tour, the whole "popular" five-member lineup.

Damn, are those kids on my lawn again???? :angry-cussingblack:

My sister went to see Bob Seger in Toronto on Saturday night. I talked to her before the concert. She was stoked!! Will call her to get a report. He is 69. She is 61. She LOVES him. I think it is all about nostalgia..n'est pas?

Just found and ordered a copy of Uriah Heep's The Ultimate Collection. I'd put it on my Amazon wish lists a short while ago and a used copy in great shape just came up for $7.58 Cdn.

This collection has 34 remastered tracks and was released in 2003. I had noticed that I only have The Best of and The Magician's Birthday on CD, and together those two only have 14 unique songs. I also have the vinyl edition of The Best of, Volume 2, but that only contains an additional 5 songs that I don't have on CD - albeit, it does have one of my favourites "Salisbury" which, to my disappointment, is not on the set I just ordered.

Jeff

Attachments

• 71PxnuvSD4L__SL1050_.jpg
    71PxnuvSD4L__SL1050_.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 216
  • 519CAUn3nHL.jpg
    519CAUn3nHL.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 216
Damn Jeff, you just brought back some old memories from the early 70's while I lived in Montrose(sp?) in Houston. Thank you, have it on my wish list.

Star Wars, on 16-track guitar:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYk1VVWFP-0[/youtube]

:music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

I'm not generally much into pop/rock, especially 80's stuff, but there are exceptions. Almost forgot how good some of this stuff is:

Pat-Benatar-Best-Shots-1990-Front-Cover-60749.jpg

It struck me when listening to this today, how good some of the writing and performance is in a lot of these "hits" of hers. (I just read that the lead guitarist through most of her career is actually her husband.) In particular, this would have to rank in the top 5 "pop" (using that term loosely here) songs of all time for me, man I love this song:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOgxVWC4a18[/youtube]

Funny though, despite the millions of times I've listened to this, I still have no fucking idea what the song is actually about.

Best Shots is good and the one that gets the most play if I listen to any Pat Benetar, only because it is a Best Of.

I don't care as much for her poppy'er stuff from the late 80's but if you go back to In the Heat of the Night and Crimes of Passion, especially in the Heat of the night, her shit was raw and rocked.

A buddy and I went to see her when she was touring for her third album "Precious Time". For a little bitty thing she sure has a set of pipes!! I am with you Randy I would have to say that her first album is the best, IMHO.
Mike

mcad64 said:
A buddy and I went to see her when she was touring for her third album "Precious Time". For a little bitty thing she sure has a set of pipes!! I am with you Randy I would have to say that her first album is the best, IMHO.
Mike

Love that album!

^ :thumbsup:

I watched this the other night and thought that the tribute to The Eagles was great..............to bad Glenn was alive to be part of this.

Van_Halen_-_For_Unlawful_Carnal_Knowledge.jpg

Streaming this at work. Looked up the album on wikipedia and read this below.

The album's title came from lead singer Sammy Hagar, who wanted to push the issue of censorship with naming Van Halen's album with a vulgarity, stating, "That's when censorship was a big issue. I wanted to name the album just Fuck."[1] Hagar eventually backed away from the outright vulgarity after he was told by his friend, former world lightweight boxing champion Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini, that the word "fuck" was an acronym for the phrase "for unlawful carnal knowledge" (though this is a false etymology).[1][2][3] Their tour promoting the album was unofficially named F.U.C.K. 'n' Live. Prior to recording, the term "for unlawful carnal knowledge" was first used by the band Coven as a track on their album Witchcraft Destroys Minds & Reaps Souls in 1969.

^^^ Not at all familiar with Luzier but that is otherwise a stellar lineup! Will check it out.

Eddie Trunk was just talking about that band the other day on the radio and he said that they have never toured and probably won't. He was basically talking about how the music industry has changed and how all of these artists have multiple projects but they can't to her because they don't get enough of a following. He also said the band was pretty good he said the records were good.

It's worth checking out. I stream the albums first now and if I really like it I'll buy the CD.

Back