• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Rogue One a Star Wars story

I have nothing to contribute to this thread. I just wanted to stop by and say Hi to @Mr.6 and his avatar.

When in RotJ was the line about Bothans dying?

At the briefing with Mon Mothma. She addresses the gathered commanders about DS2 and then somberly says "Many Bothans died to give us this information."

Makes me kinda want to follow up announcements at church with the same line.

OK, we saw it this afternoon.

MINOR SPOILER ALERT FOLLOWS:

In keeping with fine Disney tradition, I note the mother didn't make 5 minutes past the opening credits.

MINOR SPOILER ALERT ENDS

Anyway, I thought it started kind of slow. It wasn't until about halfway through the movie that it really started getting compelling. The raid at the end was exciting and had the best spaceship battles Star Wars has yet seen. The acting was decent, but it took a while for the characters to really come into their own. The tie in to A New Hope was fantastic and really well done. The CGI characters (one 'cuz he's dead and the other 'cuz she SURE doesn't look like that anymore) look decent- not *quite* natural, but at least climbing out of the uncanny valley on the happy end.

All in all, well done. I would place it more or less alongside The Force Awakens, below ESB and ANH, but above ROTJ and the prequels.*

*My Star Wars film ranking:
ESB
ANH
R1
TFA
ROTJ
ROTS
AOTC
Literally anything else in all creation with the exception of the Holiday Special.
TPM

*My Star Wars film ranking:
ESB
ANH
R1
TFA
ROTJ
ROTS
AOTC
Literally anything else in all creation with the exception of the Holiday Special.
TPM

Agree 100%.

Saw it last night and thought it was great. I would have liked to seen more Vader, but I saw more of him than expected, so all is good. Honestly, if the next installments are as good as Rogue One and Force Awakens, I'm going to hate the prequels (I,II,III) that much more.

Honestly, if the next installments are as good as Rogue One and Force Awakens, I'm going to hate the prequels (I,II,III) that much more.

Very much agree here. I was watching some prequels on TNT (I think it was TNT) and they REALLY have not held up well. ROTS better than the others, but AOTC's production values are piss-poor. It looks nice, but you can really tell when the characters were acting alone in front of a green screen. No wonder the acting is wooden- not only is the material mediocre, but they had to basically act said mediocre stuff to an empty room. Not many can pull that off, and let's face it, they need a good director to do it, and Lucas isn't. I think ROTS isn't terrible, but AOTC has become that on repeated viewings. The only reason TPM wasn't seen as terrible initially was because it was the first SW movie in a long time. AOTC has the bones of a usable story there, but told ham-handedly. TPM doesn't even have that.

I really wonder if, in twenty years, we don't see Disney disavow the prequels and reboot that part.

^^ god-willing to your last sentence. I don't see it.....but would LOVE that. The Prequels could have easily been two movies. Episodes I & II have gotten awful over time. And please Disney, if you ever do reboot the prequels, make them look like they took place in the same galaxy.

I'm really itching to see R1!

** Friendly reminder to use spoiler tags when discussing details of the film **

I always thought episode 2 should have been 1 and 3 should really have been two movies. One where Anakin starts having questions and one where he's pretty clearly flirting with the dark side.

I would be up for a reboot of the prequels. Then for added insult, I would have RotJ remastered with the Anakin/Vader scenes replaced with the original.....David Prowse.

Anyone ever see the documentary about Prowse on Netflix (I Am Your Father is the name I think)? Pretty good doc on Prowse if you haven't seen it.

I would be up for a reboot of the prequels. Then for added insult, I would have RotJ remastered with the Anakin/Vader scenes replaced with the original.....David Prowse.

Anyone ever see the documentary about Prowse on Netflix (I Am Your Father is the name I think)? Pretty good doc on Prowse if you haven't seen it.
They better hurry for that to happen because I think he is in his 80's now.

Somebody posted a screen shot from Rogue, and guess who was in the picture? None other than Jar Jar Binks. I don't remember seeing it in the film, so it must be a blink and you miss it moment.

***** Spoiler Alert!*****

Jar Jar was no where to be found in Rogue One. So for those wanting to see him in all his glory, sooorrrieeee.

Was the poster photoshopped? I'd like to see it.

EDIT: As for the Prowse scene, that was already done by the narrator/director of the documentary. Lucasfilm threatened them with a suit if they aired it on the internet, so they were allowed to do a single public showing at a theater in Prowse's neighborhood.

Last edited:
My bad Yesfan. Did a search on Google, and it was indeed photoshopped. It was done in a very subtle way, kind of like R2 floating in the remnants of the spaceship in the first Star Trek reboot movie, so it wouldn't have surprised me it was real.

Just got in from R1. LOVED it! Agree that its easily a top 2-3 Star Wars movie.

**LIGHT SPOILERS**

-Was very surprised just how tightly it tied into ANH.
-I think it tugged at me emotionally more than any other SW movie with the exception of ESB, particularly the last 5 minutes.
-I really enjoyed the original music and they still used PLENTY of John Williams material as well.
-There were many more "easter eggs" than I went in expecting.
-Despite knowing the basis of the plot, I'm really tired of the Death Star or anything like it, I hope it's a really long time before we see anything resembling one again in this or any other franchise.
- agree that the battles were the most realistic of the franchise...
- I thought the CGI for a certain pair of characters was kind of unconvincing.

I'll post more thoughts when we start really getting into spoilers

Last edited:
Back