1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Folks, I'm playing with the behavior of the titles and banners; you may want to read the relevant thread in the Forum Suggestions area.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

Rope's Wreck "Dustless Version"

Discussion in 'Show off your system' started by Rope, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Rope

Rope Well-Known Member Famous

Attached Files:

2. lulimet

lulimet Well-Known Member

I don't think I've seen your system on the other forum.
    Good stuff Rope. I like it a lot.

3. Zing

Zing Retired Admin Famous

WOW! Look at all the changes! Felt over the tweeters, chunky monkey is wrapped and, best of all, a shiny Onkyo with no finger prints or dust! Color me impressed!

:text-bravo:

Question: would you categorize the felt as a night-and-day improvement or just barely audible?

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Famous

Very nice Rope... :eusa-clap:

5. PaulyT

PaulyT Behind the Curtain Staff Member Administrator Moderator Superstar

:eusa-clap:

Yeah, the corner bass trap sure looks better with the black cover! Sweet room.

6. MatthewB

MatthewB Grandmaster Pimp Daddy Famous

Very Nice Rope, enjoy. :text-bravo:

7. Rope

Not night-and-day, but definetly audible. I wouldn't consider any "tweak" night-and-day, unless of course it's Z-Sleeves, 6moon Acoustic Devices or Flints Blue Can Audio Spray. :eek:bscene-buttred: The only exception would be acoustic treatments, they had a large impact on sound quality.

Rope

Ok, Bats, now your turn. :mrgreen:

8. Batman

Rope, don't get everyone started on some wild goose chase... :eusa-whistle:

9. Rope

10. Batman

^^ Okay now I'm convinced that you've simply lost your mind... :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

11. Rope

Granted, now if Flint will post a pic of his blue can audio spray, you'll see I'm not the only one who's lost his mind.

Course I lost my mind about 15 tax seasons ago, and I'm not getting it back anytime soon. :happy-smileygiantred:

Rope

12. Batman

LMAO, that's some fun shyt right there ;)

13. jamhead

jamhead Well-Known Member

Very nice Rope.

Good to see the whole room.....looks great.

14. GreatDane

GreatDane Well-Known Member

Great pics. I had the felt tweak on my B&W 602s3 for a few years and it was a good thing when I was sitting 15' away in a large room. When I moved the speakers into my small room sitting 5' away, the felt seemed to screw it up. When I took the felt off, it was a easy choice to leave it off. I still have it on my B&W LCR600 CC speaker.

15. Yesfan70

Yesfan70 I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv Famous

Cozy for the win! :eusa-clap:

looks like a great place to chill out to some tunes.

16. Barney

Barney Longhorns, Cowboys, Spurs, & Rangers...love Texas

Rope, I still enjoying seeing your room. Problem though.......I can't hear your system & can't even try to understand all your raves about plasma vs lcd with a "blind" test ! Forget it, blind tests don't work with video.........by the way my friend..........I'm looking for part-time work at the IRS here in Texas..........Whats your SS number ?

17. Rope

You're more than welcome to ABX my KURO anytime you see fit!

Austin Sevice Center? I hope you get the position you're looking for, then I'll have an in at that service center. :text-lol:

Rope

18. Vinyl

Vinyl Active Member

Nice – good to see some worthwhile tweaks.

19. GreatDane

GreatDane Well-Known Member

....think the rears are close enough lol

Is that a problem for getting a good level? I used to have my rears close like that and it was fine for ME in my sweet spot because I had it calibrated but the person on the other side of my couch was "L channel heavy".

Now I have in-ceiling rears which sounds better than I expected.

20. Doghart

Doghart Well-Known Member

I have always liked your setup.

Dig those PMC's, wish there was somewhere local to give em a listen. :(

D