• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Rope's Wreck "Dustless Version"

Rope

Famous

Attachments

• PICT0260.JPG
    PICT0260.JPG
    617.1 KB · Views: 893
  • PICT0261.JPG
    PICT0261.JPG
    500.5 KB · Views: 893
  • PICT0262.JPG
    PICT0262.JPG
    712.8 KB · Views: 893
  • PICT0261.JPG
    PICT0261.JPG
    500.5 KB · Views: 893
  • PICT0263.JPG
    PICT0263.JPG
    632.8 KB · Views: 894
  • PICT0266.JPG
    PICT0266.JPG
    1,021.2 KB · Views: 894
  • PICT0268.JPG
    PICT0268.JPG
    1,005.7 KB · Views: 894
  • PICT0273.JPG
    PICT0273.JPG
    752 KB · Views: 894
  • PICT0272.JPG
    PICT0272.JPG
    713.2 KB · Views: 893
  • PICT0274.JPG
    PICT0274.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 893
  • PICT0275.JPG
    PICT0275.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 893
  • PICT0270.JPG
    PICT0270.JPG
    775.5 KB · Views: 735
I don't think I've seen your system on the other forum.
Good stuff Rope. I like it a lot.

WOW! Look at all the changes! Felt over the tweeters, chunky monkey is wrapped and, best of all, a shiny Onkyo with no finger prints or dust! Color me impressed!

:text-bravo:

Question: would you categorize the felt as a night-and-day improvement or just barely audible?

:eusa-clap:

Yeah, the corner bass trap sure looks better with the black cover! Sweet room.

Zing said:
WOW! Look at all the changes! Felt over the tweeters, chunky monkey is wrapped and, best of all, a shiny Onkyo with no finger prints or dust! Color me impressed!

Question: would you categorize the felt as a night-and-day improvement or just barely audible?

Not night-and-day, but definetly audible. I wouldn't consider any "tweak" night-and-day, unless of course it's Z-Sleeves, 6moon Acoustic Devices or Flints Blue Can Audio Spray. :eek:bscene-buttred: The only exception would be acoustic treatments, they had a large impact on sound quality.

Rope

Ok, Bats, now your turn. :mrgreen:

Rope said:
Zing said:

Not night-and-day, but definetly audible. I wouldn't consider any "tweak" night-and-day, unless of course it's Z-Sleeves, 6moon Acoustic Devices or Flints Blue Can Audio Spray. :eek:bscene-buttred: The only exception would be acoustic treatments, they had a large impact on sound quality.

Rope

Ok, Bats, now your turn. :mrgreen:
Rope, don't get everyone started on some wild goose chase... :eusa-whistle:

^^^
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/fran ... ators.html

hero.jpg

Rope :laughing-rolling:

^^ Okay now I'm convinced that you've simply lost your mind... :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Batman said:
^^ Okay now I'm convinced that you've simply lost your mind... :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Granted, now if Flint will post a pic of his blue can audio spray, you'll see I'm not the only one who's lost his mind.

Course I lost my mind about 15 tax seasons ago, and I'm not getting it back anytime soon. :happy-smileygiantred:

Rope

Great pics. I had the felt tweak on my B&W 602s3 for a few years and it was a good thing when I was sitting 15' away in a large room. When I moved the speakers into my small room sitting 5' away, the felt seemed to screw it up. When I took the felt off, it was a easy choice to leave it off. I still have it on my B&W LCR600 CC speaker.

Cozy for the win! :eusa-clap:

looks like a great place to chill out to some tunes.

Rope, I still enjoying seeing your room. Problem though.......I can't hear your system & can't even try to understand all your raves about plasma vs lcd with a "blind" test ! Forget it, blind tests don't work with video.........by the way my friend..........I'm looking for part-time work at the IRS here in Texas..........Whats your SS number ?

Barney said:
Rope, I still enjoying seeing your room. Problem though.......I can't hear your system & can't even try to understand all your raves about plasma vs lcd with a "blind" test ! Forget it, blind tests don't work with video.........by the way my friend..........I'm looking for part-time work at the IRS here in Texas..........Whats your SS number ?

You're more than welcome to ABX my KURO anytime you see fit!

Austin Sevice Center? I hope you get the position you're looking for, then I'll have an in at that service center. :text-lol:

Rope

....think the rears are close enough lol

Is that a problem for getting a good level? I used to have my rears close like that and it was fine for ME in my sweet spot because I had it calibrated but the person on the other side of my couch was "L channel heavy".

Now I have in-ceiling rears which sounds better than I expected.

I have always liked your setup.

Dig those PMC's, wish there was somewhere local to give em a listen. :(

D

Back