• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Shifting Orbits

CMonster said:
One unexpected benefit - in the brief amount of time I've spent listening to the living room system now sans SVS, I'm really digging the sound from the Monitor Audio Platinum bookshelf speakers set to large.

I'm very interested in hearing this Chuck.
When I heard your upstairs system, I thought there was something seriously wrong, it didn't sound right at all (and we were listening to Dire Straits' Private Investigations, which I know well); I never said anything, there, here, or at Bat's GTG. I really feel something wasn't set right, and the fact that you're liking the system better now with the sub removed, kinda reinforces what I thought. Will be interested in hearing more as you experiment with things.

Botch said:
CMonster said:
One unexpected benefit - in the brief amount of time I've spent listening to the living room system now sans SVS, I'm really digging the sound from the Monitor Audio Platinum bookshelf speakers set to large.

I'm very interested in hearing this Chuck.
When I heard your upstairs system, I thought there was something seriously wrong, it didn't sound right at all (and we were listening to Dire Straits' Private Investigations, which I know well); I never said anything, there, here, or at Bat's GTG. I really feel something wasn't set right, and the fact that you're liking the system better now with the sub removed, kinda reinforces what I thought. Will be interested in hearing more as you experiment with things.

I remember you mentioning that they seemed to be lacking in bass. I have a month to play with them like this - maybe the SVS will be going up for sale when the OS arrives...

Chuck - WTF; this shifting orbits thing better be worth waiting for????

10 MORE days have gone by............ Nothing??? :angry-tappingfoot: :angry-tappingfoot:

You are either VERY PISSED by now, or just way too laid back.......

I sent an e-mail on Monday asking for an update. No response yet. Annoyance level starting to rise...

I did finally get the XLR cable run to for it though. That was fun. The connector wouldn't fit through the conduit with the existing speaker wire so I figured I'd use the speaker wire as a pull string. I wrapped the end of it with an actual pull string (so I'd have that to use to get the speaker wire back through) then wrapped that around the new cable. I figure I got within five feet of the end when it got caught up and the pull string broke. So I pulled out the speaker wire and sub cable, used the vacuum trick to get a new pull string in the conduit, and went to work on the sub cable. Got within five feet of the end and stuck. It took about ten tries of pulling a little cable back, then yanking HARD on the pull string to get it past that one spot. After the first five yanks I was getting pissed and I sent Angela out of the room in case my temper snapped. Without her help I had to walk from the HT to the storage area to pull the cable back a bit, then back to the HT to give the string a pull. Lather, rinse, repeat. And then I wasn't smart enough to double-up the length of the pull string so I had to run another one through the conduit and of course the vacuum trick doesn't work quite as well when there's a cable sticking out each end so you can't get a good seal. Bottom line, what I thought would be a 30 minute job, tops, took a couple of hours. :angry-banghead:

EDIT:
Ha, while I was typing the above saga, a reply came in from JTR:
I just heard back from the driver manufacture and they are shipping next week. As soon as I receive the driver I will ship your Orbit Shifter.

Thank you for your patience.

Wow your thread started on May 21st??

Anyway, I hope that you receive it soon........

Snaking wires is always a fun job!!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

CMonster said:
Bottom line, what I thought would be a 30 minute job, tops, took a couple of hours.

This is my whole life. :|

Glad the woofer's getting closer, though! :banana-dance:

I am hoping that this post triggers the email to you that indicates that it has "SHIPPED".........

Can you be so lucky???? :happy-smileygiantred:

:eusa-whistle:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2014 12:39 PM
Subject: FedEx Pickup Confirmation

This e-mail is to confirm that a FedEx pickup has been scheduled through fedex.com for the date and location indicated below. We look forward to serving you and thank you for shipping with FedEx.

Contact Name:
Company: JTR SPEAKERS
Address: 405 E FOREST ST
City: OCONOMOWOC
State: Wisconsin
ZIP code: 530663707
Country/Location: United States
Pickup Type FedEx LTL Freight Pickup Date: 08072014 Total no. of skids: 1

Almost. I was hoping to have it delivered today but they just called and it'll have to be Monday.

I'll guess that it's going to seem like the longest weekend of your life.

Except for that one time at camp.

Back