• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Skyrim

I just read that this game won the Spike Videa Game of the Year award! :handgestures-thumbup:

level 39, 100 smithing, 93 enchantment, and well, a couple of side quest done.

fast travel is great, but finally getting to get some decent amount of money.

i love this game. i have to admit, im planning on selling most of my previous purchases, probably give u3 a quick run, and finish off bf3, batman a bit, and dead island.

then sell.

crazy? yup. gamespot offering 30 clams for certain games if done in 60 days.

i love skyrim THAT much.

starting to really enjoy this one.. but I have WAY too many missions. The miscellaneous missions are a fucking hasle.

I really want to get my smithering up to 60 so I can upgrade armor with magic.. I'm at 58 and need more money!

I have all elven armor right now.

I have stopped collecting ANYTHING stolen cuz I can't sell it anywhere!

Has anyone sold a stolen object? WHere? How?

If you want to sell a stolen object, join the Thieves Guild. They are in Riften.

I played Oblivion forever, even downloaded extra content/quests. Awesome game. I also played the previous 2 titles on the PC. As good as Oblivion was, Skyrim is way better. Just more polished, better graphics, and more immersive. I love the pacing - you can zoom through the main quest if you want or just take off and see what's out there, climb a mountain, trade goods, steal from every house you can, etc.

Wood Elf, assassin style sneak thief (Nightingale armor, dual swords style). Completed the Thieves guild quest and am working through the Dark Brotherhood and The Companions ones now. I forget what level I am but I think it's 29. Haven't played in a few days as I had to take a break but will be back at it tonight.

And yes, I am a closet dork. I've been playing RPG computer games since jr high - Wizardry, Zork (not really RPG), Baldur's Gate, etc.

Razz said:
starting to really enjoy this one.. but I have WAY too many missions. The miscellaneous missions are a fucking hasle.

I really want to get my smithering up to 60 so I can upgrade armor with magic.. I'm at 58 and need more money!

I have all elven armor right now.

I have stopped collecting ANYTHING stolen cuz I can't sell it anywhere!

Has anyone sold a stolen object? WHere? How?

Hit up the Theives guild as Goalie said, finish one or two missions, and get the thieves guild armor. one of the best out there.

when you have a stolen object, it would note that on the right side of the box of the item, showing opposite 'light armor' or heavy armor as a notation. if you're not a member yet of the guild, you best store the items somewhere. you can buy breezehome in whiterun, or you can hit up any of the camps to store items. be careful because some places will lose your stuff, i used Halted Stream Camp as mine prior to purchasing Breezehome.

goaliechris said:
If you want to sell a stolen object, join the Thieves Guild. They are in Riften.

I played Oblivion forever, even downloaded extra content/quests. Awesome game. I also played the previous 2 titles on the PC. As good as Oblivion was, Skyrim is way better. Just more polished, better graphics, and more immersive. I love the pacing - you can zoom through the main quest if you want or just take off and see what's out there, climb a mountain, trade goods, steal from every house you can, etc.

Wood Elf, assassin style sneak thief (Nightingale armor, dual swords style). Completed the Thieves guild quest and am working through the Dark Brotherhood and The Companions ones now. I forget what level I am but I think it's 29. Haven't played in a few days as I had to take a break but will be back at it tonight.

And yes, I am a closet dork. I've been playing RPG computer games since jr high - Wizardry, Zork (not really RPG), Baldur's Gate, etc.

Nice! wolf elf! i have to admit tho, you cant be level 29 if you've done all that stuff. im at 40 but i havent even hit or finish the companions stuff, the thieves guild, even the walk to greybeards...

Glad to see some people enjoying this.

One thing of note tho, i did NOT update my version to 1.3 even if its been released.

As long as its working, im happy. no need to update until its unbearable.

I think its 29 but I could be wrong. I have done about 2 or 3 of the Dark Brotherhood quests, 2 of the The Companions (not sure I want to go further with that one), but definitely finished the Thieves Guild. I also have done some of the main story line and am the Alduin's Wall part of it. I think in sneak I am 94? Bow is the main weapon and that's still only in the 60s (hard to level that one up). One handed is weak (in the mid 30s I think but still effective).

I haven't done as much free exploring as I'd like and have been pretty linear so far (though have done various side quests). Taking a break from that and going to just start wondering around and see what happens. Going to go camping with Lydia...

And no, do not take on giants with melee weapons! Stand on top of a rock or something and use the bow or magic.

i think im around 60 something on archery as well, plus krosis and 'arm thingies' that jack em up.
sneak at 98 (due to additional points via armor)
smithing and enchanting at 100
one hand at around 40 something

like you im an archer, love my bow of dwindling souls. :happy-smileygiantred:

i havent got too many enchanted stuff, so i end up trying to find jems to fill up, and deer to hunt.

i heart lydia. (so hot in complete elven gear) :happy-smileygiantred:

Combine
Drwaren oil
Taproot
and it unlocks all 4 properties to both and makes regenerate magic for 377

goaliechris said:

You should come over to the dark side and try an MMO.

I'm afraid of MMOs - could be a great time waster. Any recommendations? I hear the new Star Wars is going to be really good (not sure when the release will be). I don't have a PC though - only a MacBook Pro.

Once, long ago during the days of dial-up, I tried Ultima Online. Addictive but because the connection was slow, I gave up.

Star Wars the Old Republic just launched on the 20th. A friend of mine is playing and says it is great. I've been playing Lord of the Rings Online for over a year now and love it. I enjoy the social aspects of the game, especially at the end-game level where everything is centered around raids that take six to twelve players to run. I'm in a guild with about 800 members from all over the world ranging in age from early teens to over 60 and covering just about every occupation and socio-economic group other than the truly poor. It is a ton of fun, but it can be a huge time sucker. I started my current toon in January and have about 1100 hours invested.

never got into mmo's but have seen dc universe and tried to download the free version.

too much :happy-smileygiantred:

how do they work hayward? is it similar to sims? red dead redemption? even like ps3's home?

I have purposely avoided this game the last two day. I wanted to play but I knew if I start I might as well commit to at least 3 hours each time, and I just didn't have that much time.... especially if I actually want to accomplish something... like a task!

Razz said:
I have purposely avoided this game the last two day. I wanted to play but I knew if I start I might as well commit to at least 3 hours each time, and I just didn't have that much time.... especially if I actually want to accomplish something... like a task!

you kiddin me? all ive been doing is killing things and gathering soul gems to harvest.

kill, absorb soul, find dagger, enchant, sell to merchant.

wash. repeat. rinse.

i should get two trophies for getting 100,000 gold coins in at this rate.

i finally bought MW2, which is 39.99 at target for those interested. same deal with AC:4 (or whatever the title is)...

I found the most amazing cave for soul gems... It's ENORMOUS!!!!!! I must have picked up 20 soul gems and tons of jewls...

It took me about 3 hours to clear!

Oh,
I'm at work right now and can't tell you where it is until I get home. HA!

Razz post that shit up brother!

I am finally making decent progress and at lvl 14.

Getting a pretty good feel for Skyrim vs. Oblivion.

D

Definitely post that cave location.

I was wrong earlier I'm currently level 27. With the holidays and travel I haven't got a chance to play for awhile.

jomari said:
never got into mmo's but have seen dc universe and tried to download the free version.

too much :happy-smileygiantred:

how do they work hayward? is it similar to sims? red dead redemption? even like ps3's home?

Like Skyrim, but with hundreds of players in the game and a balance between solo questing and group raids.

Ok,
The cave I found on my way to Winterhold. It's southwest of there.

If you go south of Winterhold you come to Saarthal,
In the very same direction if you just keep going, and about the same distance on the map, brings you to Alftand.

There in Alftand, within the cliffside near the top, you will go across a couple draw bridges that lead you to .... Altand Glacial Ruins.

It's a fucking goldmine!!!!

Back