• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Skyrim

Ok, since we're laying our nerd cards out on the table...

LIGHT SPOILER (IMHO)

I've trained my khajit thief in sneaking (with another khajit outside the first city) and archery (with the elf in the first little town - sorry, I forget the names). The great thing about training a thief is that you can pickpocket back the money you just spent! So I'd train 2-4 levels' worth of the skill, stop, immediately pickpocket back the money, and train again. And because I used the thief class blessing stone, my pickpocket skill increases relatively rapidly. Between the skill being taught and the pickpocketing practice, my character level also increases fairly fast a the same time, so that I can actually use the 5 skill trainings per character level basically non-stop. So, by doing this training alone, I went from character level ~5 to ~20, and increased my archery and sneaking to 50, and pickpocketing to 100. All without spending a dime! So, so cool.

It'll be a little harder to do at higher levels because the character level doesn't advance as fast. But at least I won't have to pay for all of that!

I love thieves.

wha, no love for the j man?!?

anyways, when you purchase stuff, if ever dont forget to use any speech added armor or hat or what not. (for example is the initial suit you get from the thieves guild)...

anyways, will start playing again soon.

dont forget to download the girls song okay?

hotness.

Created about 150 frikkin daggers and enchanted about 40 of em.

Got my smithing from 30 something up to 72.

I need to do some more of the main quest, I have only done the first 3 or 4. I'm at the point where you have to find the Horn in the cave.

Ah, well weekend is over and I will only have a couple hours to play this week. :(

D

No shit, work really cuts into my skyrim time.

PaulyT said:
No shit, work really cuts into my skyrim time.

i think this is one of those benefits we thought about when we get flatscreen monitors for work... :D

im going back to skyrim probably within the week. i have to finish campaign mode of bf3.

Ok KITTENS!!!!!!!

BE AFRAID.... BE VERY, VERY AFRAID!!!!!!!!

DSC_9392.jpg

DSC_9393.jpg

DSC_9394.jpg

DSC_9395.jpg

DSC_9396.jpg

Dude, what the hell level are you? You have 158,000 G?

Jesus how do you have time to go on frikkin vacation, play skyrim and work?

:)

D

Towen7 said:
Not one bit of this makes ANY sense to me. :eek:rcs-birdies:

Maybe not....
But can't you at least appreciate the pretty pictures! :teasing-tease:
I even used a tripod!

Pretty badass! So I guess you're a magic user as well?

I'm only at a lowly level 30... :oops: But my wimpy little thief can carry more than your big dumb fighter. :laughing:

PaulyT said:
Pretty badass! So I guess you're a magic user as well?

I'm only at a lowly level 30... :oops: But my wimpy little thief can carry more than your big dumb fighter. :laughing:

Yeah, my carry weight is around 450.... I am using the steed stone for some extra umph tho.

D

Nice. Mine's 400 with the "extra pockets" perk.

The thing I enjoy most about this sort of game is that there are so many different ways to play. My character's main concentration is thievery; 100 pickpocket and high sneak, lockpicking is getting pretty good. (I need to go find the thieve's guild to off load the TON of stolen stuff I've accumulated...) I LOVE the sneak up and backstab for 15x damage! Then, archery for long-distance sniping. Lastly, some destructive magic for a little sting in those times where I have to be up close and personal with the bad guys.

What's your character class and general strategy? This question is directed at all of you - I think it's fun to hear about what route others are taking.

Oh and how could I forget! Alchemy - a very handy tool for poisoning the bow, or fortification stuff to compensate for my lack of heavy armor. Plus as a chemist in my non-virtual life, figuring out the ingredients and potion recipes is very appealing, though I could see how it would be quite tedious to some folks.

Anyway, with all this character development and training I've been doing, I'm at level 30 and I've barely even begun on the actual plot quests...

Towen7 said:
Not one bit of this makes ANY sense to me. :eek:rcs-birdies:

Well, clearly you need to pick up a copy of the game and find out what we're talking about! :eusa-whistle:

Back