• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Skyrim

I was thinking about getting this game for the PS3 but on amazon there are a ton of people complaining about glitches in the game. Any of you guys that have been playing for a while have any problems with the gameplay?

Deacon said:
I was thinking about getting this game for the PS3 but on amazon there are a ton of people complaining about glitches in the game. Any of you guys that have been playing for a while have any problems with the gameplay?

would this be your first Bethesda game deacon?

if so, i guess their reputation normally precedes them. most of their games that they release are open-end sandbox games. Meaning whatever you see in a distance, you can go to. rarely would it be blocked off (aside from Fallout New Vegas), but in general its THAT big.

Therefore the errors in question. big game, big delays, big texture problems, big everything.

My saves up to around 10k already, but i RARELY get problems, unless im in it for a good 5-6 hour playthough. When that happens its time to put the controller down.

In a nutshell, you're going to get some errors. I personally chose NOT to update my current version, because it still works. Once i get more errors, i will update my version.

For the meantime, i just finished Dead Island, and will hit it again soon.

Definitely worth the purchase, especially if you're pc is a workhorse.

I have about 75 hrs gameplay on PS3 and very few glitches. I think it has locked up 2 or 3 times but it's no trouble if you save frequently. A simple restart and your good to go at your last save point.

One of my favorite features is that you can save at any point just like on a PC game. No checkpoints!

Two words for the game -- Time Suck.

It hit just about every one of my nerd game buttons.

I do have one embarassing question -- how the hell do you "place" a quest object for the PC version? I can't "drop" or "equip" it and going to the point where I would expect it to go (and I'm at about 99.99999% sure on this one), it does nothing. I've even done a quick internet search to no avail. Heck, I even read the directions for crying out loud..

TKoP said:
Two words for the game -- Time Suck.

It hit just about every one of my nerd game buttons.

Tell me about it. anytime i step into my bedroom, its either skyrim or sleep baby. The latter normally loses.

I do have one embarassing question -- how the hell do you "place" a quest object for the PC version? I can't "drop" or "equip" it and going to the point where I would expect it to go (and I'm at about 99.99999% sure on this one), it does nothing. I've even done a quick internet search to no avail. Heck, I even read the directions for crying out loud..

i dont have the pc version, but hopefully i can help out a bit...

it depends.

If its a main quest item, you'd end up picking it via the 'cursor'

Cursor is the same button you use to open stuff - in the ps3, its the x button.

So, on a main quest, you would see it 'highlighted' via the 'arrowhead' indent on the right side of the quest.

For example,

Quest ABC
Quest 123
Quest XYZ

if its abc thats active,

Quest ABC>
Quest 123
Quest XYZ

For sidequest or misc quest, your quest should be,

Quest ABC
Quest 123
Quest XYZ
Misc Quest>

Then select the quest you want to work on, for example kill bandit in Helms deep...

Side panel below (the one on the right side of the screen)

Find two flawless Rubies
Recover Moon amulet
Kill Giant at Red road Pass
>Kill bandit in Helms deep

you will select Kill bandit with the X button, or 'pick up button' and it will highlight it with another sort of arrow.

Hope this helps.

Skyrim is ordered! Love the post-Christmas price drop. ;) But gotta finish Witcher 2 first...

PaulyT said:
Skyrim is ordered! Love the post-Christmas price drop. ;) But gotta finish Witcher 2 first...

well, you know where to find us. :handgestures-thumbup:

so, two mages and an archer walks in a bar... :happy-smileygiantred:

i plan on switchin out my dead island today, and go back to wielding my sword. :handgestures-thumbup:

Can this game be played online? If so we should form a guild...I'd be in if that was possible.

Batman said:
Can this game be played online? If so we should form a guild...I'd be in if that was possible.
I don't think so. Looks like someone (3rd party?) is developing something for the PC version, but I don't think anything like this is available for xbox/ps3, from what I can tell.

Razz said:
I'm pretty bad ass right now if I do say so myself!
Nobody cares, Razz. :eek:bscene-buttred:

:happy-smileygiantred:

Queerly enough,some of the people I've talked to would consider it,others say it's a different experience in general if such happened. It would be awesome to clan up,but then again that would be like life-size,but instead of the elf it's an esian.

PaulyT said:
Razz said:
I'm pretty bad ass right now if I do say so myself!
Nobody cares, Razz. :eek:bscene-buttred:

Paul,
Lets just say you're lucky we are not playing on line right now.......

IMG_1827.jpg

just upgraded...

sword is now 203 with 24 points of fire and my armor rating is 474

hehe!

Finally started this game. So far so good, am enjoying it a lot. I'm playing a Khajit thief/archer/alchemist/mage. (I discovered an awesome trick to training as a thief!)

Graphics are pretty nice on my PC and 46" screen. But frankly, it's not as awesome graphically as I'd been led to believe. :snooty: Witcher 2 really is a whole level above above skyrim in that sense, seriously. And a much higher load on the GPU; I can mostly max out skyrim's settings and my GPU is ~75% most of the time. I think possibly it's because Witcher was designed as a PC game (though an xbox version is in the works, I believe), while Skyrim (and batman, Assasin's creed, etc.) are targeted more to the ps3/xbox compatibility level. Makes a difference, IMHO.

However, it's still a nice looking game and I'm looking forward to further explorations! Haven't gotten too far, only just arrived at the first big city.

Razz said:
just upgraded...

sword is now 203 with 24 points of fire and my armor rating is 474

hehe!

How the hell did you do that???

Since my character is a sneaky, backstabbing, archer/thief/assassin, heavy armor is not my thing. Still, would like the sword. It seems like it would take forever to level up to be able to smith that stuff. How did you do it?

ok...
this is what you all need to do....

1.. buy as much iron ore and leather strips as you can.

2.. forge iron ore and leather strips into iron daggers

3.. enchant iron daggers. (absorb health yields best pay)

4.. sell daggers and repeat process

This will quickly raise your smithering and enchantment

When your enchantment is high, enchant new (cheap) braces and armor with smithering.

...THEN, you can make your new Armor and weapons the best.

Oh,
I also use the best potions I can when smithering and enchanting my final gear.

first off, heres a lovely tune for you dovakhiins... not only is she hot, she has the voice to prove it, PLUS shes a nerd. cant get any better than that.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z9TdDCWN7g[/youtube]

to improve smithing, an easier and cheaper way of doing it is,

a. clear out halted steam camp (around 2 o clock from whiterun position), take all the iron you can mine. you can pick up the enemy stuff later.

b. hunt as much game as possible, bigger bears spawn pretty much right above the 3 stones near riverwood. bear pelt yields 3 leather almost guaranteed.

c. hit up whiterun, smelt some iron ores.

d. use them to create daggers

OR

you can hunt hunt hunt and create as many leather helmets as you can, and enchant them later on. it wont yeild the greatest amount of money, but increases your smithing.

to gain the best monetary return tho,

get those daggers and enchant using SOUL TRAP instead, which has a higher return value in my experience.

anyways, will work on it later on within the week...

glad to see y'all love skyrim.

oh, the song?

its downloadable, and she sings to me every morning as my wake up alarm. :music-listening:

Finally worked my way up to lvl 32, and there is still soooo much I have not even seen. Several major citie I have not been to or done any quests for.

I just joined the thieves guild and am doing those missions, but i am diggin Orcish armor and wolf armor.

Mostly using bows, but going to do Razz's suggestion with the smithing, enchanting and selling of daggers to get my skills up. I still cant enhance any enchanted weapons.

My best weapon right now only does about 40 damage... :(

D

Back