• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Skyrim

i guess im glad it was one of the things i wanted to work on immediately, arching and one handed skill. the smithing part was easy for me, but when i started to learn about enchanting i was a bit too late in it.

nonetheless, my arching became better whenever i use my purchased soul snatching dwarven bow ( i like it because its lighter, yet comes out with almost equal damage to the ebony), and love how a ring, a circlet, hand band thingies, can improve your arching skills.

i have to start working on the main cast, im burning out a bit...

Ok I have houses in Solitude and Markarth, now I can continue with the plot, such as it is. :laughing:

Pauly, if you save items in one home do they appear in all of your homes or is each home an independent save spot for gear stored in chests?

My smithing and enchanting are both in the 90's right now. I just made a million iron daggers, then used petty/common soul gems to enchant them all. Once enchanted they are worth 250-300G each. I currently have about 60k in gold. :)

D

They're all independent, I believe. Though I really only store stuff in one house, the others are just decorations. ;)

Just seems like it would be a nightmare trying to remember which chest in which home holds what items... :(

D

Yeah, indeed. I really mainly store alchemy ingredients at home, and magic alchemy apparel. I sold off most of the other stuff that was just sitting around gathering dust.

jomari said:
dont forget the armor replicator maniquin glitch... ;)

I am soooo trying to not cheat my first time through. I only own a home in whiterun so no maniquins for me....

I see so many glitch, secret chest etc.. videos on youtube, but I am trying to play at least one time through with no cheating.

D

Yeah, I hear ya. THe only "cheat" I used was the speechcraft "training" thing in Riften.

I've been looking up the location of the dragon shouts so I can max out the ones I use the most.

D

Yeah, I've been mainly doing the power words as well, though I still have more dragon souls than words.

So, anyone know of anything expensive around to buy? I've now got ~325k gold, and nothing to do with it. It's getting a bit silly. So far the most expensive thing I've found is the $25k house in Solitude.

who y'all callin a cheat!?!?

hehehe.

i havent really done anything that you can constitute to be a cheat, aside from the speech skill one. and well, the doors to oblivion thingy. i did NOT tho, sell em, so its a cheat that wasnt actively used yet.

anyways, i havent bought anything of significant cost, aside from some smithing jewelry.

im still learning how to do that with a maxed out smithing skill, i can use a potion plus wearing the jewelry CAN make my already legendary items better?

Finally "finished" this &*&^%&^$! game - well, meaning I did the major plot line, the dragonborn stuff, though of course there's a gazillion small quests left over. I curse mostly in jest, because I really did enjoy it a lot and it was a great game. But I was getting a bit tired by the end, with no further character development really possible (I finished at level 57), and nothing to do with all my damn money - 486k - yes nearly half a million wasted gold. At least they could have put a fuckin' castle up for sale for 500 grand or something, to give us anal-retentive treasure collectors something real to shoot for.

Oh well, now maybe I can rediscover what it's like to go to bed before 1am! :laughing:

Time to take a break from video games for a while, I think, at least until Mass Effect 3 comes out...

Yeah, I get that. How far did you go, Razz? Did you get to the Blackreach cave and get the elder scroll? Was that the cave you mentioned a while ago with all the soul gems? If you got there, you're pretty close to being done with the dragon plot.

mass effect 3 comes out tomorrow right?

anyways, im not into mass effect at all.

im more interested in game of thrones coming out in may.

of course max payne, RE and other stuff. more importantly borderlands 2!

ME3 comes out March 6 - sooner than I thought, I was thinking May. But I usually wait for a while for patches and stuff to come out before playing.

And yeah I need to get Borderlands 2 and Uncharted 3... sigh. May wait a bit for that as well, for the prices to come down.

Got my bow up to almost 300 damage!! woo hoo... the only issue is now, the game is getting a little too easy.

I don't usually get my health taken down much less than half when fighting anything lately.

May have to go into the game settings and bump it up a notch.

D

On PS3, if you lose your copy of the game (the disc) and buy a new one, can you resume at your saved points?

Back