• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Skyrim

Just had to post this... haven't laughed so hard in days! :laughing-rolling:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHbF9ynGZV0[/youtube]

You will if you take the sneaking/archery route (which not everyone does); it's about hiding and shooting arrows while sneaking, which earns you a 3x damage bonus. Since this is about 80% of what I do in this game, and I've had the very same thoughts that that video expresses while doing it, I found it hilarious.

Towen7 said:
I dont get it.

from one dragonborn to another, you will my friend, oh you will. :handgestures-thumbup:

Pauly, will check that out later on today. Work dwarves.

Dammit, this game is starting to piss me off. Twice now, I've done quests but the quest is not marked as done in the journal and so I can't complete it. This has happened both for Petra the Hagraven, and the Giant at Red Road Pass. They're dead, but (I think) killed by chance before I happened on the "official" quest. And now the quest can't be finished, and I can't get the reward. Very frustrating. Guess I'll see if there's a patch...

I'm only a level 12 so I've not done many quests. I have found items while wondering that are clearly intended to be for a quest though. It sucks cuz I have to carry them until I figure out what quest they are for.

One thing I've figured out is that my style of combat (melee) is defiantly not suited to the character type I started with. Instead of maximizing his strengths I've had to overcompensate for his weakness. I'm just now spending level ups and perks on magic.

T7 is the jury still out if you're going to enjoy it? Or are you liking it already?

I like it but not nearly as much as I did the Arkham games. I'm not a big gamer and this is not the type of game I usually enjoy. There just so much to it. That said I definitely see what the fanatics enjoy about the game and I have a new appreciation for the role playing games in general.

Towen7 said:
I'm only a level 12 so I've not done many quests. I have found items while wondering that are clearly intended to be for a quest though. It sucks cuz I have to carry them until I figure out what quest they are for.

One thing I've figured out is that my style of combat (melee) is defiantly not suited to the character type I started with. Instead of maximizing his strengths I've had to overcompensate for his weakness. I'm just now spending level ups and perks on magic.

I didn't realize you bought it and were playing... Guess I missed something somewhere.

Yeah, I picked Imperial and I do mostly sneaking and bows, should have picked Kajhit.

But It's working out OK. Once you hit lvl 20 or so it gets way more fun, especially once you can buy a house and store some of the crap you have.

D

Towen7 said:
I like it but not nearly as much as I did the Arkham games. I'm not a big gamer and this is not the type of game I usually enjoy. There just so much to it. That said I definitely see what the fanatics enjoy about the game and I have a new appreciation for the role playing games in general.

what kind of character or race did you choose by the way? weirdly enough, my imperial doesnt do sh*t and the voice of the emperor isnt helping too much.

anyways, if you look at it at a different angle, arkham has a 'prebuilt' batman for you, with stages for you to accomplish prior to receiving some new gadgets or moves etc. i can see why most people prefer it that way tho.

anyways, glad to see you're on the boat buddy.

no lollygaggin. ;)

My character is a High Elf. I get confused with all of the enchanting, potions, spells, scrolls....

Yeah, it's a big game, and that's both a strength and a weakness. Yeah it's kinda nice to be able to just wander around doing quests that seem interesting or that come up along the way, in no particular order. But now I'm level ~53 and further character development is more or less impossible; level-ups are far between and so perk points are rare, so even if I train in some new skill that I haven't developed, I wouldn't have the perks to spend to really make it useful. So now I'm kinda wondering, what's the point of it all? There's not much plot underlying the gameplay, except I guess for the dragonborn/shout thing, which I guess I should pursue more pointedly now.

Though I just made a SHITLOAD of money by finding a great alchemy combination with ingredients that I had a lot of, to make a potions that is worth a lot of money: I think I made ~70 potions each of which was worth ~600 gold. That's >40k gold just on that, though it took a while to go around and sell it all (master speechcraft really helped there though). Now I have nearly 300k gold, and am wondering what the hell to do with it. Trying to find houses to buy in towns other than Whiterun and Riften...

Anyway, I guess that while I'm still enjoying the gameplay, I'm burning out a little, and am ready for it to end.

This is in contrast to Witcher, where the gameplay was a little more narrowly tracked and in some ways not as "compulsive" as Skyrim, but the storyline was WAY more interesting.

T7, yeah, this is where some experience in this type of game helps. You don't choose a high elf for a fighter. ;) But as others have said, that makes more difference right at the beginning; as you progress you can develop whatever skills you want to the point where the starting character race hardly matters at all. That said, I chose a Khajit for sneak/thief/archery, because that's almost always the sort of character I play in these games. (Plus my girls like to watch me play sometimes, and I just knew they'd freak out over me playing a cat character. :laughing: ) I'm not at all interested in the "hack and slash" style of fighting, I much prefer the long-distance sniper or sneak up and backstab style.

Giant's Toe, Wheat or Creep Cluster or Mora Tapin (fish)

Makes a potion for additional carry weight that is worth a couple hundred each...

D

since pauly mentioned the witcher 2, its a serious pain in the butt for me now.

i want to play it.

too bad its on the 360 via consoles.

i cant play shit on my pc either.

i really, really dont want to drop 300 clams for a xbox.

plus im not used to the controls.

in regards to being burnt out, i am almost close to it, but havent finished one gorram main quest line. im ALMOST done with the theives guild, but man, i dont even care about money anymore.

i am tho interested in how to further my smithin skills even if its capped at 100. i was able to get a ring to increase smithin, then add on a blacksmiths potion, and i got some serious updates...

:D

I've spent a lot of time on the alchemy stuff; I have probably ~500lbs of alchemy ingredients alone stored up in my house. ;) I use it largely for poisons; with a daedric bow that does ~90-100 damage itself (with my archery skills and magic items), plus a poison that adds another ~50, and sneak bonus of 3x, there aren't many critters that I can't take out with one or two shots.

My single most useful item of the entire game is the Sanguine Rose staff; when I'm in a situation where there's a bunch of bad guys in close quarters, having a handy and powerful helper (Dremora) to summon and distract them is a life-saver.

I only get a 2x sneak bonus. :(

But my bow does a 140 damage. :)

I went from lvl 39 to 47 this weekend. :)

That is all.

D

Nice! What kind of bow do you have? Did you enchant/improve it yourself? That's one major track that I didn't develop with my character, the smithing/enchanting skills. I've gotta use what I can find or buy...

I am using an Ebony bow.

I created Guantlets, a ring, necklace and armour with fortify smithing on all of them. Right now the best I can enchant is 19% better on each item.

I just keep that outfit in a dresser in the Whiterun house and use it every time I smith something I am going to keep.

I really wish i would have concentrated my skill points on archery, smithing, enchanting and one handed weapons. Once I figured out WTF I was doing I was already lvl 20 and had wasted a lot of skill points on alteration magic and other skills I don't ever use.

D

Back