• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Skyrim

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
All games are on hold for me right now.
- Dead Island
- Batman AC
- Uncharted 3 (not even opened yet)
- Even my glorious Battlefield 3.

All because of bethesda.

I couldnt write down as much as id like to after posting on Mzpros thread.

In a nutshell, its an amazing, beautiful game. Is it worth the full price? YES.

For those who've played Fallout, you already know how to play this. I havent played oblivion nor its DLC, but man, im amazed on how beautiful, how polished this game turned out to be.

A whole two days my gf has been patient with me, and she saw moments she knows she will never see in true life. Its THAT beautiful.

Damn it J , you're going to get me into this game and I already know It's a HUGE time vacuum!

I played oblivion, and it was fantastic. I hear this is better by leaps and bounds.

I hear the Xbox version looks pretty good. Here's to a snowy December spent on the couch in front of the fireplace and the Xbox..... Haha.

D

i cant really say anything about oblivion, because sadly i never played it. i DID play dragon age for around an hour - couldnt stand the hud system, and the way it 'interacted'. good thing it was a 'rental' from gamestop. :D

anyways, the views alone are well worth it. I love norse tales the beauty of their people. I have been enchanted by them like i have been with Temujin.

If you are going to get ONE game - make it worthy and get this one. :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Definitely going to be getting this one!

for those who have this on consoles/pc,

do NOT get the update 1.02 UNLESS you need to. been seeing some people posting problems with it.

Basically its supposed to help address framerate issues, whave ive been seeing is
- dump your older non needed save files,
- using 'wait' feature or sleep, do this for a month (yeah right), to remove any other inconsistencies.
- wait till next firmware update.

anyways, what IVE been doing is when framerate issues come up early within the game (it normally comes in after three to four hours of straight up play), i end up rebooting the whole thing. let it rest, and when i pop into skyrim, i WAIT, moving my character just a tad. then move on. it works every time.

A fellow PS3 frinde is playing this game and he told me, after I asked, he's played over 20 hrs and has barely made a dent in the game.

It's on my get list, but I don't have a whole lot of time to dedicate to it.

im on level 32 i think, with around 70 hours of gameplay, which means an average of an hour i think per day if i rounded it up from release date, 11.11.11...

its been a great rush, have not gone up a lot in my main quest, instead have been hitting some serious walking time.

again, a great game, i highly suggest it to those who have the time and dedication.

for someone who doesnt go out for 'nature' trips, this is my vacation.

a great gift for a ps3 enthusiast.

I hope the Wii U with its rumored more robust graphics capability can make a game such as Zelda LOOK more like Skyrim. I wasn't able to get into the last Oblivion game because they lost me at the setup preparing to play the game. It's not my cup of tea to spend so much time configuring what my character will look like and what class he will be and what spells he will be able to cast...I like that with Zelda I know I'm Link and I dive right in. But man I LOVE the looks of Skyrim!!! And I certainly don't knock those who are enjoying it...As a casual gamer these two games blended together would be a blast!

Batman said:
I hope the Wii U with its rumored more robust graphics capability can make a game such as Zelda LOOK more like Skyrim. I wasn't able to get into the last Oblivion game because they lost me at the setup preparing to play the game. It's not my cup of tea to spend so much time configuring what my character will look like and what class he will be and what spells he will be able to cast...I like that with Zelda I know I'm Link and I dive right in. But man I LOVE the looks of Skyrim!!! And I certainly don't knock those who are enjoying it...As a casual gamer these two games blended together would be a blast!

Ditto.

A friend of mine came over when I got Oblivion and spent a little over an hour helping me set up my character... I had no idea what to do. A little overwhelming for those of us that want to dive in.

D

the great thing about skyrim tho is there is NO such thing as a handsome orc. :happy-smileygiantred:

in all seriousness tho, i was also like this with dragonage. sadly, didnt get into oblivion at all so im not certain how it went.

nonetheless, in this game, the great part of divin in was that i didnt need to know so much about the races. it 'blurbs' it when you choose one.

the only fancy part you focus on after what race you belong to, is how your character looks like. nothing else.

you 'develop' your wielding capabilities later on. :happy-smileygiantred:

around 80 hours in. still at level 33 tho. but maxed out smithing, enchantment, sneak.

love it.

I'm in...

Just started playing... lost a good 4 hours of my life in it last night!

Razz said:
I'm in...

Just started playing... started a good 4 hours of my life last night!

fixed. :happy-smileygiantred:

for what its worth, its a time eater. man oh man, will you be stuck in going here and there, find stuff, loot, find more stuff etc.

so, Razz, what are we? breton? nord? imperial? Khajiit?

we playing mage, barbarian, archer, sneak thief?

Where did you go tho, did you choose imperial or stormcloud?

interesting...

Towen7 said:
^^

Even here... That's nerdy.

after reading that, THATS funny.

wait. was I funny, or asking me thats nerdy and im er...

waidaminuute!!!

good thing i dont have anymore d&d dice.

I'm a Nord (closest to Nerd) so I took it.

I havent picked a group yet.
I'm kind of gathering money now.. just know it will come into play later.

Do you use one hand or two handed weapons?

Razz said:
I'm a Nord (closest to Nerd) so I took it.

I havent picked a group yet.
I'm kind of gathering money now.. just know it will come into play later.

Do you use one hand or two handed weapons?

Hehehe. Well, the "group" part i was referring to was when

SPOILER ALERT!

you break free from the choppin block, you choose who to follow, the guy in the soldier uniform, or the one who 'fights' the soldiers, the rebellion so to speak.

it doesnt really matter until later, just interested. :happy-smileygiantred:

Anyways, im a brute, but a refined one. :D

One handed, BUT akimbo style. I have two axes most of the time, and leveled up a bit. and THEN went to shield on left, then sword on right. This helps with leveling up blocking.

Im trying not to 'wear' myself out of this game like i did with Fallout New vegas, so i hit some side missions for a while.

Just picked this up today, still a lvl 1.

I picked Imperial, seemed well balanced between magic/weaponry.

Graphically it's stunning, i can't imagine what the PC version looks like on a gaming rig.

D

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to seeing this one on my PC. Maybe a Christmas present to myself... ;)

Back