• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Son's video going viral

Flint

Prodigal Son
Superstar
My son, Joseph Richardson (aka Joseph Costello, aka Slopps), is going viral with his new video.

He is earning a small fortune for a kid his age off the videos and several high profile Twitter accounts he sells tweets from. Basically, he is getting rich and famous and is only 18 years old.

Today he got home from filming with some other web video guys in Colorado and in the mail he received a plaque from YouTube for having more than 100,000 subscribers. He is already at 260,000

Anyway, here's his video. Not only is it close to hitting a million likes on YouTube, other marketing and content companies are promoting it on Facebook and other media. He has been asked by the local Austin Fox affiliate to film an interview about the video this weekend and a news company in Italy has called him twice today (while he was flying home). This is going to be big.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1rwRT229Uo[/youtube]

I said he was going big before, but it is happening faster than I imagined.

Here's a photo of Joseph with is 100K plaque from YouTube. They included a really nice letter of congratulations.

Attachments

• Joseph_YouTube_100K_Plaque.jpg
    Joseph_YouTube_100K_Plaque.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 757
Wow, I saw that video on facebook, but didn't make the connection that it was his. That's cool!

What I get from that video is, when Sandy appears to be a person already working for living, people tend to help out but when appears to be not working and just looking for a handouts, they ignore him.

I suppose you have to hand it to anyone that can make a living by selling tweets.

"Hand it to..."
See what I did there?

Towen7 said:
I suppose you have to hand it to anyone that can make a living by selling tweets.

"Hand it to..."
See what I did there?

HA! funny!

Yeah.. it is crazy, he makes about $800 a day selling tweets to people to promote them.

That is very cool.

Holy shnikeys $800 a day. Screw fire fightin I need to learn how to tweet some shit!!!

seriously congrats on his hard work vision and success.

The social experiment is what I focused on. I have seen others do the same. What stands out to me is the bias people have based on their perception of an in individuals agenda simply seeing the cloths they wear.

I don't necessarily see anything new or compelling in his "Social Experiment". It has been done before. But, it is different in how he presents it and he is raising money for Sandy (the homeless man) on the web. We had a long talk about it and he realizes it would not be good for Joseph to just give Sandy $6,000 in cash. That would probably be disastrous. So, I recommending he go find some really good social services organization who can help Sandy be rehabilitated using the money he got from donations on the web. My boy, at only 18, is finally starting to think about the big picture rather than the instant gratification shit he was caught up in just a few months ago. I am so proud.

Out of curiosity, how "generous" was the editing in that video? It seems like you heard business suit Sandy only mention a couple of times why he needed money but homeless Sandy mentioned it every time. Plus, you can use a freakin' credit card to buy a cup of coffee or a sandwich, something someone in a suit would be expected to have. And $800 a day on tweets??? Sorry, I'm not buying that or the video...

well... accept it. I've seen the footage, the video is not edited to hide the truth. The Twitter thing is amazing to me, but it is true.

There is real money being made off twitter. If you have an account with 1.5M followers and you tweet a link to a site with an ad or a video or whatever, that site will get hit with over a million unique visitors that day. Those visitors will see the ads or buy the item for sale or watch the video (and all the ads in it) and the own of that site will make a few hundred dollars. If you sell 50 tweets in one day, you can make $500 to $800 from them. He showed me how it works and it is all about scale. One of his accounts has over 10M followers. That is an extremely valuable account to sell tweets from.

But if all the account does is shill products, how does it have any followers? Are people really that stupid?

Wow.... What a pessimist. He purchased the Twitter accounts, setup websites, email address, and Google ad accounts. He promotes content mostly of similar style and character of his own and things he finds interesting and entertaining. Other people with similar taste enjoy that. This really is no different that extremely highly targeted advertising, which is the most valuable you can have. People trust his tastes and trend setting style.

I know it sounds really effing stupid, but it is real and legitimate.

And you say you've seen the unedited video? How many people scoffed at the request of business suit Sandy for a dollar for a sandwich? There's no f'n way the number is zero. I just can't believe there isn't some major bias going on with that video...

Sorry, CMonster, I am done with you on this topic. I don't have time to deal with this shit.

Back