• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Son's video going viral

It is never-ending.

I was making a catalog of these pages who are profiting from my son's video (just as he is), but it appears to be an endless list. I will stop now unless some major player pops up, like CNN International or BBC.

OK, we get it! IT'S GONE VIRAL!!! You said that in the title of the thread. LMAO.

Flint, seriously that was totally just a joke and I think it is cool. Just wanted to bust your balls a bit. If it raises awareness then I think it is a great thing.

Okay, you called me out for being a troll even though I didn't see myself playing that roll, but I stayed away from this thread. However, you keep posting so I'm going to keep making observations and asking questions. I'm attempting to engage in an argument, a discussion, which you've stated multiple time that you enjoy. I clicked each of the posted links and only two had any comments - one with two and another with seven. So it appears that even though it's being linked to it's not generating a lot of conversation. I find that in and of itself interesting - content groupers think viewers will find it interesting, and it might be generating clicks, but there aren't many comments on their pages. Yes, I know that the youtube page has over 2000 comments.

Also, only one, the Fox affiliate in Austin, really tried to delve deeper into the problem, to offer an explanation as to why Sandy was homeless. Kudos to an 18 year old for even taking a look at the problem but 1. I still think there was some judicious editing and 2. it doesn't take into account what many people have experienced when dealing with the homeless. I know I've been approached multiple times for spare change for food and in response have offered to purchase food in lieu of cash only to be meet with contempt. And, as a commenter on one of the "grouper" sites mentioned, a small donation to someone who looks like they're trying but just having a rough patch seems a lot more helpful than giving the same to someone who's obviously not even close to being off the streets.

Randy, and others on Facebook, is this video generating real conversation or just trite passing comments?

Finally, I will troll a little bit as I'm still interested in checking out the twitter account that's generating $500 - $800 a day in purchased tweets because I'm extremely skeptical about that claim. All you need to do is provide the account name so I can view some of the tweets, there's no discussion necessary, I just want to verify that such a thing exists. Sorry, but I'm from the Show-Me state...

I gather that the kid has purchased accounts from other people and is posting ads there. If that's the case there's no benefit to exposing the account as this may harm whatever brand he's using to sell tweets. That may also explain why his own personal account has fewer followers. The number of followers is there above the selfies.

4310776cccf5beeec2dbf5a9d8ddfdb8_zps5551f1d2.jpg

^Yeah, someone sent me that account a couple days ago in a PM but that's not the account he allegedly purchased for the purpose of posting bought tweets; that's what I'm interested in seeing...

Okay, I probably just don't get how popular and powerful Twitter can be so I'll drop it. And I can understand how proud Flint must be that the YouTube video has garnered so much attention since it has more substance than a lot of stuff that goes viral. I just implore that he encourage Joseph to go deeper and not just stop at the superficial surface.

First off, the video that went viral is not a true and proper social experiment. It is lacking any scientific objectivity, but the content is not inaccurate. When Sandy looked like a bum (before he was cleaned up) he got no money on film. When he was cleaned up, he got what you saw in the video. What was edited out was more people not giving him money. Also, the order of the events were reversed - first he was a "bum" asking for money, then he got a haircut and a suit and asked for money. That was for logistical reasons (the haircut specifically), but the results are what they are.

The video was edited to make the most of the situation, not to hide the truth. Those are two different things.

I am not going to share the twitter accounts. Sorry. Just because someone doesn't believe they are making money isn't a reason to engage in that argument. That doesn't matter. They are making money and that does matter.

He is now approaching 4M views with over 250K subscribers to his YouTube channel, wow!

Tonight the local Fox affiliate, KXAN Austin, did a full story on it and interviewed Joseph live on their 10pm news broadcast.

My favorite moment...

The anchor asked my 18 year old son, "Some people would say that you are glorifying panhandling which is illegal, what do you have to say to that?"

Joseph - "They say that?"

Anchor - "What do you think of that?"

Joseph - "That's stupid."

HAHAAHAHAHAH!!!! :teasing-tease: :teasing-tease:

You never told us you made it into his videos. LOL.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRHVMBw3U-0[/youtube]

Seriously though and I don't mean this in a negative way in any manner, but I cant believe he doesn't get his ass kicked on a regular basis. People are generally pretty tolerant, but there are also a lot of people out there that just don't GAF. I thought the guy with the bottle or flashlight or whatever it was,was really gonna hit him.

I did however like the reaction of the young black guy.

"Nah, your the youtube guy. I'm not gonna let you get me." Busted.

But seriously his reaction was very subdued and he handled it very well considering the circumstances.

Back