• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Sony PlayStation 4k

Haywood

Famous
The latest rumor is that the upcoming PlayStation 4k will have UHD Blu-Ray and full-HDR support in addition to double the GPU. This device is supposed to appear mid-year at $399. If true, I will definitely buy one.

Microsoft is talking about doing something similar with the XBox One and it makes sense. VR headsets require a LOT more computational power to run and UHD televisions are being widely adopted. UHD & HDR standards have been finalized. Lots of people are going to want UHD sources for their new sets and UHD Blu-Ray is already on the market. This is a major technology transition point, but they are only mid-way through the normal product life-cycle. This mid-cycle refresh is probably the most sensible solution.

Microsoft is talking about doing something similar with the XBox One and it makes sense. VR headsets require a LOT more computational power to run and UHD televisions are being widely adopted. UHD & HDR standards have been finalized. Lots of people are going to want UHD sources for their new sets and UHD Blu-Ray is already on the market. This is a major technology transition point, but they are only mid-way through the normal product life-cycle. This mid-cycle refresh is probably the most sensible solution.
I'm going to have to buy a blue ray player soon, what is this UHD you speak of and what should I look for? Can't believe how out of it I am on this stuff these days.

4k is what I believe they refer to. I bought a Sony UHD television and considering a player but it just means more media to buy. I upgraded Netflix for the UHD content. Not a lot of options as of yet.

4k is what I believe they refer to. I bought a Sony UHD television and considering a player but it just means more media to buy. I upgraded Netflix for the UHD content. Not a lot of options as of yet.
Ok so it's 4k that's being talked about. Yes I guess content is very limited. Wow I've had Netflix for years, never knew they offered an upgrade service.
Thanks

Ok so it's 4k that's being talked about. Yes I guess content is very limited. Wow I've had Netflix for years, never knew they offered an upgrade service.
Thanks

Amazon Prime also has 4K media as well.

i have two ps4's already, the original and the slim, didnt make sense to shell out 400 for the pro, when i could get the slim at 250.

i look forward to their 4k version, as long as its not bundled with uncharted. again.

I tried netflix for a month as a promo gratis. I did not like it because they don't have the new marvel movies. I cancelled but to my dismay they continued my subscription and only stopped after another month which they charged to my account. Talking about free trial. Huh!

Back