• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

SPOILER THREAD-- Star Wars Episode IV --SPOILER THREAD

Yesfan70 said:
The issue I have is the Sith are always never more than two (according to Yoda in TPM), so I never got how Dooku and others (if you count the Clone Wars cartoons as part of the story arc) are able to exist. If Yoda's comment is right, then how dis Snoke come to power and was there an apprentice before Ren?

The way I understood it (and the EU held) is that the Sith collapsed things down to two. They may have more henchmen, but actual trained Sith were master and apprentice- one to hold power, the other to crave it. Dooku wasn't seduced to the dark side until Maul's position was cut. Then after Dooku was killed by Anakin, Anakin was marked as the next apprentice.

Thing is, at the end of ROTJ, there aren't ANY Sith. The Emperor is tossed down a shaft and Vader dies from his injuries. Done. So yeah- where, exactly, did Snoke come from? Is the Sith rule of two something the Jedi thought was more authoritative than it actually was? Considering the Jedi didn't even know the Sith still existed it's easy to think there's quite a bit they didn't know about them. But who knows. I've heard some folks suppose that maybe Snoke is Darth Plagueis (Palpatine/Sidious didn't fully do him in and he was in waiting during the events of 1-6). But who knows.

Akula said:
Yesfan70 said:
The issue I have is the Sith are always never more than two (according to Yoda in TPM), so I never got how Dooku and others (if you count the Clone Wars cartoons as part of the story arc) are able to exist. If Yoda's comment is right, then how dis Snoke come to power and was there an apprentice before Ren?

The way I understood it (and the EU held) is that the Sith collapsed things down to two. They may have more henchmen, but actual trained Sith were master and apprentice- one to hold power, the other to crave it. Dooku wasn't seduced to the dark side until Maul's position was cut. Then after Dooku was killed by Anakin, Anakin was marked as the next apprentice.

Thing is, at the end of ROTJ, there aren't ANY Sith. The Emperor is tossed down a shaft and Vader dies from his injuries. Done. So yeah- where, exactly, did Snoke come from? Is the Sith rule of two something the Jedi thought was more authoritative than it actually was? Considering the Jedi didn't even know the Sith still existed it's easy to think there's quite a bit they didn't know about them. But who knows. I've heard some folks suppose that maybe Snoke is Darth Plagueis (Palpatine/Sidious didn't fully do him in and he was in waiting during the events of 1-6). But who knows.

You're right Akula, although reading the wookiepedia page, it's not a cut and dried rule. It does seem strange that there would be only two Sits throughout the galaxy at one time. Seems like it would be pretty easy to search and find them and then dispose of them. Here is :text-link: to the Wookiepedia page. It's a pretty long read, but does a pretty good job of explaining the rule of two and timeline for the Siths. It does state that Dooku started his training for Darth Maul's exit, but then goes on to say that Sidious never really thought of Maul as his apprentice.

Huey said:
...........It does state that Dooku started his training for Darth Maul's exit, but then goes on to say that Sidious never really thought of Maul as his apprentice.

I thought Maul was bad ass. The fight sequence was the best thing for Phantom Menace. I hated how he died like a chump though since Obi-won was still a pupil at that time.

Yesfan70 said:
Huey said:
...........It does state that Dooku started his training for Darth Maul's exit, but then goes on to say that Sidious never really thought of Maul as his apprentice.

I thought Maul was bad ass. The fight sequence was the best thing for Phantom Menace. I hated how he died like a chump though since Obi-won was still a pupil at that time.

If the Clone Wars tv show is official canon, and I think it is, he doesn't die. I don't remember how he is saved, but somehow his upper body ends up on spider type legs. IMHO, The Clone Wars got really good after that in the story line.

Anybody else think Han knew what was coming when Kylo asked for his help? When he says "Anything" the way he said it sounded funny, at least to me. Wouldn't surprise me if that was some part of the story in the next movie.

I had that though when I saw it the second time. But there was a little bit of a struggle and a brief look of confusion just before Kylo turned on the saber. But still... Han had to know that all odds were against him coming off that cat-walk alive. I saw it more as him willing to take that chance ("never tell me the odds") than him sacrificing himself.

Towen7 said:
I had that though when I saw it the second time. But there was a little bit of a struggle and a brief look of confusion just before Kylo turned on the saber. But still... Han had to know that all odds were against him coming off that cat-walk alive. I saw it more as him willing to take that chance ("never tell me the odds") than him sacrificing himself.

Knowing the character of Han Solo, he likely never would have dreamed that a dice roll would come up against him. He won the Millennium Falcon playing sabacc (an in-universe game similar to poker), he survived living on the edge as a smuggler, his live among the Rebel Alliance was yet more of the same... he's a guy who constantly went for the long shot and had it come up Han. While he would have known he was risking his life by trying to bring Kylo back, I just don't think he would have truly expected his son to be the one to punch his ticket. Even if my analysis of the character is wrong and he expected to die, he's also the sort who would give it a shot because that's what Han does for those he loves- he throws himself into the jaws of death if there's any chance at all it will help (this is what he did on Hoth). Even if he's equipped with nothing but a squirt gun he'll charge the gates of hell to help his friends.

Whatever the case, JJ and Disney have done a good job at getting people to discuss this movie. Maybe the best thing they did, was to make it like A New Hope, and then throw a complete mind fuck at us in the next film.

So yesterday I took a drive from Pomona, CA to Hollywood, I have never been to Hollywood Blvd before.

So where else to see the new Star Wars movie than in Grauman's TCL Chinese Theater. The people there indicated to me that this is where the premier was shown.

The theater is amazing and the only issue I had was that this was a 3D showing. I am not found of 3D, however it was good.

The showing was in 3D IMAX Laser. The video quality was fantastic. The audio, was simply amazing, I do not go to theaters often to see films, however I have never heard a better sounding system than this!

I really enjoyed the movie, was never a hardcore fan of the Star War.................

I want to see this again without the 3D.

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Some Pic's

Attachments

• gct outside.jpg
    gct outside.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 170
  • GCT SCREEN.jpg
    GCT SCREEN.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 170
  • gct ceiling.jpg
    gct ceiling.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 170
Consider yourself lucky. That laser projection system is one of only a few in the world and according to JJ Abrams is the ideal viewing option.

i cried several times when i watched this a few moments ago.

i was going to watch it last two weekends, but got sick.

was going to see it last weekend, but had my first bout of constipation (that was a total mindf*ck)

and just got the chance to see it today with the wifey.

i loved it.

absolutely loved it.

Flipping through the channels this weekend, and saw this was on Starz, so I ended up watching the last 3rd of it, even though I own it on Bluray. One thing I've always read, was that siths, or soon to be siths, wear black, and jedi's tend to wear brown. We see this in Revenge of the Siths when Anakin wears black for most of the movie, although so does Luke in Return of the Jedi, so maybe that theory is flawed, or maybe not. We really don't know much of Luke other than he trained younglings after Return. What got me thinking about this, in the last scene of Awakens, Rey is wearing gray. What if she is not to become neither sith nor jedi, but more of a gray night, one who could truly bring balance to the force? Just a thought, and it's going to be awhile until we truly know.

Flipping through the channels this weekend, and saw this was on Starz, so I ended up watching the last 3rd of it, even though I own it on Bluray. One thing I've always read, was that siths, or soon to be siths, wear black, and jedi's tend to wear brown. We see this in Revenge of the Siths when Anakin wears black for most of the movie, although so does Luke in Return of the Jedi, so maybe that theory is flawed, or maybe not. We really don't know much of Luke other than he trained younglings after Return. What got me thinking about this, in the last scene of Awakens, Rey is wearing gray. What if she is not to become neither sith nor jedi, but more of a gray night, one who could truly bring balance to the force? Just a thought, and it's going to be awhile until we truly know.

I'm not sure how much of Lucas' ham handed symbolism will carry into the new flicks. On the other hand, the whole deal with Anakin was that he was going to "bring balance back to the Force." Well, there were a bunch of Jedi and very very few Sith, so any reasonably intelligent person would recognize that if you have a massive lead over the other guys, the last thing in the world you want is balance. After Anakin, there were very few Sith and very few Jedi.

It could be Rey is at the forefront of a new type of Force user- one who isn't purely Jedi but hasn't gone over to the dark side like the Sith. Fact is, Luke Skywalker didn't get the years of training that the Jedi younglings received. He's got to be some kind of different thing because he very literally cannot lead in those footsteps. Rey has had even less guidance thus far.

I thought about the numbers as well Akula, but I'm not sure that balance means having an equal number on both sides. More like you can't have love without having hate, without hate, you don't know what love is. If she turns out to be a gray night, one who can use both sides of the force, that might just be the balance that they were talking about. Or not. I don't know. Purely conjecture at this point.

I remember in a featurette about Anakin/Vader (either televised or on disc) that the prophecy spoke about the ONE who will bring balance to the force. I always understood that prophecy to be fairly strictly about Anakin especially the way it was explained. In the piece, Lucas spoke about how even after turning to the dark side (perhaps bringing balance in doing so by being the scourge of the Jedi) that he again brought balance back by turning on the Emperor to save his son Luke, by the end of his arc. BUT I think an argument could be made that maybe Luke brought balance back by not giving up on Vader ("I know there is still good in him") and Vader realized how much he loved him. In other words I always took the "balance" angle to pertain solely to the prophecy which pertained strictly to either Anakin or Anakin/Luke.

There was a scene in Revenge where Yoda, Mace and Obi are in one of those troop movers on Courasant, and they talk about the prophecy of the one that will bring balance to the force, and Yoda comments "A prophecy which may have been misread". So there is a little wiggle room there, if they decide that Rey will be the one to bring balance.

^ I still think that conversation pertains to Anakin.....in a way such that Anakin would bring a positive balance but if the prophecy was misread, "the one" could bring a negative balance. I always come back to SW being a space soap opera which always revolves primarily around the Skywalker legacy.

Last edited:
I agree that they were talking about Anakin, but Yoda had his doubts he was the one is all I'm saying. Leaves the hole open for maybe another person to bring balance and peace throughout the galaxy. Or at least until they need to make another couple of billion dollars and out comes a new hero. lol

So the internet is freaking out about the title to the new Star Wars, The Last Jedi, and how the previous movie and the one coming out form a sentence, The Force Awakens The Last Jedi. It could mean nothing, or it could mean everything. Come on December!

The next episode will be titled, "Star Wars: We found one more Jedi who was hiding on a planet we haven't mentioned yet"

Back