• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Stranger Things!

Mackwood..............................................

Where you have you been.............

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

What I mean is I like the premise of this tv show but as an adult with a grown child I watch it with the wife. It gets annoying watching the kids constantly. I think it could have been done better with a touch more adult content.

If I was watching with a child, with the understanding i was watching childrens programing, I'm thinking I would find way more enjoyable.
Then don't watch it..simply enough no?

Damn, I'm not allowed to have an opinion? I think it could have been better. If it doesn't bother you too much I'll keep watching.
Dent,
Sorry if that came off heavy handed. I do really think this is a show that families with tween age kids can enjoy together with their parents. God knows there is not a lot of that on tv now so I guess I am defensive about it. Like Jeff said above, I don't think they need to change a thing about it. That's what I should have said.

Dent,
Sorry if that came off heavy handed. I do really think this is a show that families with tween age kids can enjoy together with their parents. God knows there is not a lot of that on tv now so I guess I am defensive about it. Like Jeff said above, I don't think they need to change a thing about it. That's what I should have said.
All good, guess I got my ass up a bit also, my apologies.
Yes, when I watch the show it makes me wish my daughter was still in the house. Good family programming for sure.

So the the 3rd season of Stranger Things has hit Netflix. Haven't started watching with the kids yet. They are debating if we should binge or go the weekly episodic route. Something to look forward to for the summer.

We watched the first episode last night, and thought it was pretty good. The one thing the wife and I both noticed, is that the people seem to look a little more rough around the edges.

We couldn't just stick to one. Ended up watching two. Not sure how we will proceed. Can't believe they played Corey Hart!!

We couldn't just stick to one. Ended up watching two. Not sure how we will proceed. Can't believe they played Corey Hart!!
Never Surrender was our senior class song the year I graduated.

We ended up binge watching another 4 episodes yesterday, bringing us to 5 watched. Overall we are really liking it, but they've also gotten a little sloppy in their writing. I do wish they would explore the upside down more, or at least the story behind it. We have three episodes left of the third season, and still don't know much about it.

Mixed feelings on this season. It was good enough that we binge watched the whole season in a weekend, but it just didn't have the same feel as the past two seasons. I don't want to say much in fear of spoilers, but at times it felt like a Disney movie. I personally felt they went over the top with the 80's stuff, it seemed like they were trying a little too hard with it. Also, is it just me, or did Eleven's acting seem very wooden? She probably spoke more in this season than the last two combined, and maybe that's the problem. I did love the addition of the one guys sister, Erica. She was spunky and funny, again probably an 80's throwback to Gary Coleman, but she was awesome. You can't have America without Erica!

And now that I can read articles that contain spoilers, I just found out there is an end credit scene at the end of the last episode.

How about Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman's daughter? I thought she was very good. About to watch Episode 5 and probably 6. As far as the 80's stuff...it does take place in the Eighties..right??

How about Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman's daughter? I thought she was very good. About to watch Episode 5 and probably 6. As far as the 80's stuff...it does take place in the Eighties..right??
I didn't realize that she was their daughter until after finishing the season. She does a pretty good job, and she reminds me of an actress from the 80's who was on the tv show Night Court, although I think only the first season. Yes, it is set in the 80's, July 4th week of 1985 to be exact.

What I mean is I like the premise of this tv show but as an adult with a grown child I watch it with the wife. It gets annoying watching the kids constantly. I think it could have been done better with a touch more adult content.

If I was watching with a child, with the understanding i was watching childrens programing, I'm thinking I would find way more enjoyable.
I would say this season felt even more like a Disney movie of kids saving the world. Not that I hated it, but I can see your point. Anyways, found this video and thought it was pretty funny, and I think they did a pretty good job piecing this together.

Yeah, me too, about 3 episodes in. Yeah I can see that some of the characters, the sheriff in particular, are a bit frazzled. Seems to me that's on purpose.

Back