• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Avengers - spoiler free review

mzpro5 said:
Batman said:
To further clarify MZ, I doubt that this film in 3D will convert you to a 3D fan but it's not distracting and IMO worth tolerating for the IMAX experience...

Well I was convinced until I discovered it was 6.50 to see it "standard" but 14.00 to see it at the IMAX. (matinee senior prices)

More than double.

Hmmmmm
Still worth it...

Batman said:
mzpro5 said:
Batman said:
To further clarify MZ, I doubt that this film in 3D will convert you to a 3D fan but it's not distracting and IMO worth tolerating for the IMAX experience...

Well I was convinced until I discovered it was 6.50 to see it "standard" but 14.00 to see it at the IMAX. (matinee senior prices)

More than double.

Hmmmmm
Still worth it...

I would pay extra for 3D, but I am not a huge fan of movies on an IMAX screen. Nature documentaries without doubt, but I've always had trouble following the action on a big imax screen.

Towen7 said:
mzpro5 said:
Deacon said:
No I'm talking about this Secret Wars.

250px-Secretwars1.png

Secret Wars - 1984

I know The Secret Wars well. I was referring to the more recent Civil War.

:text-link:

CivilWar3.jpg

civilwar2.jpg

Thanks

I was still reading/buying when The Secret Wars came out but it has been years since I have kept up.

Saw this movie last night loved it, the humor in it was just spot on. In my opinion this was the first movie to truly show the full power of the Hulk. The Edward Norton version was good but this Hulk was doing things on another level.

I thought the IMAX 3D version was very good, not distracting and added depth. Wish I had picked a different nite or time though, the theatre was so packed I was sitting all the way against a side wall.

Wow double for IMAX, we have the Cine Capri (bigger than IMAX and more power and speakers) and only costs 1.00 more than the regular theater to see the Cine Capri version.

MatthewB said:
Wow double for IMAX, we have the Cine Capri (bigger than IMAX and more power and speakers) and only costs 1.00 more than the regular theater to see the Cine Capri version.
U crazy? Nothing can beat The Empire Leicester (according your dear friend)!

cin_empireleicestersquare.jpg

For those that have seen it, what's your opinion on Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk? Too me, that is one of the last people I would have picked to play him, but maybe he pulls it off.

I thought he was fine as Banner, obviously the Hulk is all CGI so that shouldn't factor in...IMO I though the Hulk stole the show and I'll leave it at that.

Huey said:
For those that have seen it, what's your opinion on Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk? Too me, that is one of the last people I would have picked to play him, but maybe he pulls it off.

I was worried too but I agree he did a great job, his interaction with Stark were great! The Hulk and Iron Man stole the show for me and i will leave at that. :D

BTW I'm going to see it again tonight IMAX style for round three with my son and a few friends who have seen already too! Release the inner nerd/geek and unite! LOL!

Tee said:
BTW I'm going to see it again tonight IMAX style for round three with my son and a few friends who have seen already too! Release the inner nerd/geek and unite! LOL!

You go, Tee! :laughing-rolling:

- PaulyT, gangsta

Jan, Matthew, and I saw this Saturday morning. LOTR will always be my favorite movie(s) (because I just sat there during FOTR thinking, "They got it RIGHT!"); BUT, this is right there for me. The story, the acting, the action, the cinematography (I NEVER would have guessed that this wasn't shot in 3D because it's so well done), the comedy, all were spot on. I had the same thought as T7: It was just FUN!! Which is why I watch 99% of the movies I watch - to be entertained and leave the real world behind for a while.

AS far as the 3D goes, to me it's the best yet. I loved the 3D of Avatar (I'm only talking about the 3D - not the story) but I thought this was better. The 3D really added to the picture in the same way that 2.35:1 adds to the picture over 4:3. Another thing that I liked was the fact that there were times when the camera was zoomed out from the action a little bit and you really got a sense that you were watching one fight in a much larger battle.

We too will probably see this in theaters again. And, yes, I will pay to watch it at the 3D IMax when we do.

John

Huey, I had my doubts about Mark Ruffalo as Banner too. Did not look nerdy enough compared to the comic book version, but what I did like was in the Hulk's face you could see how it looked like Banner. Not just some creature that looked totally unrelated in appearance. Also his acting was very good and had great chemistry with Tony Stark.

Bat's is right the Hulk steals the show, Nuff Said! (to borrow and old Marvel tag line)

yromj said:
Jan, Matthew, and I saw this Saturday morning. LOTR will always be my favorite movie(s) (because I just sat there during FOTR thinking, "They got it RIGHT!"); BUT, this is right there for me. The story, the acting, the action, the cinematography (I NEVER would have guessed that this wasn't shot in 3D because it's so well done), the comedy, all were spot on. I had the same thought as T7: It was just FUN!! Which is why I watch 99% of the movies I watch - to be entertained and leave the real world behind for a while.

AS far as the 3D goes, to me it's the best yet. I loved the 3D of Avatar (I'm only talking about the 3D - not the story) but I thought this was better. The 3D really added to the picture in the same way that 2.35:1 adds to the picture over 4:3. Another thing that I liked was the fact that there were times when the camera was zoomed out from the action a little bit and you really got a sense that you were watching one fight in a much larger battle.

We too will probably see this in theaters again. And, yes, I will pay to watch it at the 3D IMax when we do.

John

Amen Brother!!!!

mzpro5 said:
Yesfan70 said:
Anyone ever catch the animated series on Disney XD? I have to see it's pretty damn good for a cartoon.

I have and it is pretty good.

On another note I just gone watching the Ed Norton Hulk and it is a fav of mine but I think it is really an under rated film.

Very good CGI and terrific surround and bass. And the storyline was not bad.

I agree it was great 26 esp and you can stream them on Netflix as well, looking forward to the next season.

I must say that the IMAX 3D was outstanding over the reg version! It was so good I want to go back and see it again before it leaves the IMAX screen, the sound and pic were just everything you want form a film like this.

BTW @ Tom the Hulk says Puny God!

For those who have not seen any of these movies I suggest you watch them in this order.

-Iron Man
-The Incrediable Hulk
-Iron Man 2
-Thor
-Captain America
-The Avengers

Watch all the clips after the credits, and for The Avengers there are two clips instead of one.

Tee said:
For those who have not seen any of these movies I suggest you watch them in this order.

-Iron Man
-The Incredible Hulk
-Iron Man 2
-Thor
-Captain America
-The Avengers

Watch all the clips after the credits, and for The Avengers there are two clips instead of one.

That's what I like about you Tee....always on top of it. I'm hoping to go see the Avengers this weekend.

Do you know if there is a HD version of the Avengers cartoon? All I see is DVD, but I seem to remember seeing the "in HD" logo when watching it on Disney XD.

Yesfan70 said:
Tee said:

-Iron Man
-The Incredible Hulk
-Iron Man 2
-Thor
-Captain America
-The Avengers

That's what I like about you Tee....always on top of it. I'm hoping to go see the Avengers this weekend.

Do you know if there is a HD version of the Avengers cartoon? All I see is DVD, but I seem to remember seeing the "in HD" logo when watching it on Disney XD.

Thx bro!

You can stream it in HD if you have a Netflix app on a gamming console, Blu-ray player, Roku, tablet/iPad and Apple TV.

FYI I have a iPad 16GB 3G first gen for sale in mint condition!

Back