• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Avengers - spoiler free review

Saw this on Thursday (finally) and was disappointed that the movie was shot in just 16:9 format and not in super cinemascope as other superhero movies have been. Normally in super cinemascope they open up the whole CineCapri screen but in this case it was just the standard 16:9 (still huge on that screen) but IronMan 2 was massive.

Now about Mark Raffallo (sp) as the Hulk, I rather enjoyed him way better than Eric Bana or Edward Norton. His mannerism were more of the Bill Bixby character, a normal looking man who transforms. Eric Bana seemed too muscular and Edward Norton way too creepy as the Mild Mannered Doctor. So I thought Mark was a dead on character to play the good Dr.

I can also say that I for one appreciated all the ass shots of Scarlett in that black leather outfit. Holy Crikey I'd give up the last five years of my life for one night in the sack with her.

As for the story, acting talents and action, all were spot on and the small scants of humor were fantastic (yes the Hulk stole the show) but the best LOL moments were between Tony Stark and Pepper Potts. (15%) Just great timing between those two.

Spoiler:

Was sad they killed off the one character, I rather liked him.

about to hit up our local movie theaters to see this, showing at 1145 in 3d, yes, there is an imax experience, but i have to do laundry. (married life, what can i say? and yes, i will leave the apron at home)...also thought it would be good timing considering everyones at home with mom on mothers day right?

anyways, im going to hit up the 3d version based on your reviews.

cant wait.

MatthewB said:
Was sad they killed off the one character, I rather liked him.

I don't think we've seen the last of him.

L
M
D

Just sayin'.

Saw it today in 3D with the family. Flippin' awesome. Very fun movie with just the right mix of humor thrown in. I wasn't too sure of seeing the 3D version but glad we did.

Besides the obvious choice of Downey Jr., I liked Ruffalo's Dr. Banner a lot. Thought he did a great job. I will definitely purchase when it comes out on BR.

without spoiling the thread,

in a nutshell, i loved it.

very well balanced movie, and surprisingly, it 'felt' like a comic book. i see the same way this might be with the new spiderman coming out.

nonetheless, i enjoyed the 3d version, it did add some good depth and not gimmicky at all.

highly suggest this movie. i became teary eyed when i saw some familiar points from the comic, as well as giving justice to the hulk as a person and as dr. banner. very tastefully done.

so, can we have an avengers spoiler alert thread now?

Just got back. Walls' post says it all. I've already signed up to be notified by Amazon when the Bluray comes out. This is definitely the best superhero movie I've seen and I'll be getting all of the rest on Bluray as well.

Bring on the Beyonder and Secret Wars.

Yesfan70 said:
Just got back. Walls' post says it all. I've already signed up to be notified by Amazon when the Bluray comes out. This is definitely the best superhero movie I've seen and I'll be getting all of the rest on Bluray as well.

Bring on the Beyonder and Secret Wars.
Now that's just a flat-out blasphemous comment right there... :happy-smileygiantred:

yep...I inserted a giant red smiley in my post. :teasing-neener:

You're just a hardcore Batman fan, which is to be expected. I'll be saying the same thing if a Silver Surfer movie (that's done right) ever comes out. But since that hasn't happened, I guess I'll have to 'settle' for the Avengers. LOL!

Even though I'm not a DC fan, I think no one does Batman better than Bale. I've been very impressed with those films and look forward to the newest one. The only thing that sucks about the new films is Ledger's passing. He made the perfect Joker in my eyes.

Saw this again last night with one of my kids, my third viewing, his second.

Batman said:
Saw this again last night with one of my kids, my third viewing, his second.

Well that makes two of us, first two times was Sony DLP 4K and last was Sony DLP 4K IMAX 3D. The reg viewings were great sound and pic but, the IMAX version was outstanding! AMC did a complete overhaul of the local theater projectors and audio systems, man you can really tell the difference from the old film projectors, I don't know what speakers they went with, I know the other brand is gone.

I saw this yesterday for the first time.

WOW! Excellent movie. I agree with yesfan, best superhero movie ever.

Marvel did an excellent job tying it all together.

I want more Avengers!

You guys are just trying to get me all riled up with this best superhero movie talk... :D

Back